Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Krayton while I agree you made the wise move a part of me also asks why is she so insecure? Does she feel your making friends she can't control and just having a fit?

I don't know her all that well and not sure how long you've been married but shouldn't something you find enjoyable in life make her happy? I'm betting she has "her" things she enjoys and expects "you" to understand.

This is comming from a guy who'll have his 14th anniversary next month so I've been through those ups and downs and honestly my wife is happy knowing I'm at home, with my headset on playing games and NOT out whoring, gambling and getting arrested.

It's a catch 22 but honestly when do you get to enjoy life?

No i hear you guys and to a small degree it could be the issue with this.

A fair amount was that i spend too much time because im unemployed. Instead of us spending the night together doing something i play the game, instead of my enjoying something we are doing she can somehow sense that im thinking about playing video games.
In her defense my actions are insulting and a bit of a sign of addiction possibly. I also did it for me because i had been slightly neglectful.
Not HORRIBLY neglectful and i can see that some of you understand how this goes haha. I will always have a warm bed to go to whether or not i play the game, but like arkh said Wife > MMORPG and my urge to play was making that seem like the other way around.
The majority of this was me being in the wrong, she likes you guys (shes Astara Reyanis in the game) and doesnt mind if im friends with you. She just doesnt like how i literally never hear her talking to me with the headset on (but honestly it is hard to hear her) Ive tried one ear off the headset and still sometimes i get a bit too glued to the screen.
I was disrespectful to her and her worth, shes sensitive so naturally she takes that as she is not important or worth it. This is just me doing the right thing and showing her that she has my attention above the game, it has nothing to do with me talkin to you guys, just me getting too sucked into the game for too long.
This has been a few months now of my unemployment, the game kills my worries and thoughts for awhile, I should be sworn into active Army this coming thursday if all goes well though so the "over use" of this game as a brain killer will be .... lessened.