Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Interesting. G force is actually inaccurate, as it is a force of weight. It can result in death, although it's interesting to consider how it would actually effect you in space. Acceleration, deceleration and turns would cause force, but in a weightless environment. Cool stuff.

I'm not sure what you're saying. You start out being wrong by saying that their newtonian physics are wrong, but then say that acceleration/deviations from a given velocity vector WOULD impart a force?

In any case.. ignore the fact that G-forces are called G-anything, because gravity has pretty much nothing to do with it (nor does weight, which is a unit of measurement of mass in a given gravitational acceleration.

Yes changing vectors in space imparts forces (a whole bunch in different directions depending on what you do).

If anything, the system they've unveiled is probably pretty forgiving compared to what might really be given rough thrust estimates of main thrusters and maneuvering thrusters (barring insane advances in flight suit technology, inertial dampening, etc.)

EDIT: Also +1 for Felix's video, I haven't watched it yet, but I have heard many good things from other physics-minded folks.

Last edited by Hobbitlauncher; 04/16/14 08:04 PM.

They/Them

Star Citizen:
MISC Endeavor -- Anvil Carrack -- Anvil Terrapin -- Drake Dragonfly