Originally Posted By: sini
You ether don't understand what "real time video" is or don't understand "they".
Real time video was two drones in flight over the attack. It was real time enough that one drone flew on station until it had to return for fuel at which point a second was deployed to cover the situation. "They" is the situation room at the White House.

Reports I have read say that even people in the compound didn't know what was happening at the time. Way I understand it from reading reports is that most/all US casualties, including ambassador, were from diesel smoke inhalation in the safe room.
False. The ambassador was beaten and sodomized. One of the SEALs was killed on the roof while attempting to suppress the attackers.

That accurate information actually was available to people in a position to make a decision.
The SEAL on the roof was in constant radio contact with his superiors.

I know conservatives like drastic military actions, but somehow I don't see carpet-bombing Benghazi, even to save an esteemed ambassador, is a viable course of action. Just consider implications of disproportional US response in already destabilized region would be.
Talk about inflammatory misrepresentations. When was the last time we were allowed to carpet bomb anything? Vietnam? The SEAL on the roof was calling for a targeted airstrike from an AC-130H Spectre using the laser guidance system that he was painting the attackers with. That's a pinpoint targeting system that would have drastically changed the outcome of the fight and was denied by his superiors. You can watch video of one of those in action if you want to see what "carpet bombing" looks like since about 1990.

The SEAL whose father was the object of OP actually disobeyed orders to stay put and left one position to drive across town and attempt to rescue the ambassador and others. He and another were the reason that the ambassador was able to leave the original position and flee to the CIA operated "safe house" where they made their final stand.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]