Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

You're absolutely right it's an Information age, they had real time video in the air during the attack.

You ether don't understand what "real time video" is or don't understand "they".

US undeniably has some impressive tech, but it is not impressive enough to know everything, everywhere and all the time.

You make a lot of assumptions to manufacture rage here. You assumptions are:

a) That accurate information about situation was known as it was happening. Reports I have read say that even people in the compound didn't know what was happening at the time. Way I understand it from reading reports is that most/all US casualties, including ambassador, were from diesel smoke inhalation in the safe room.

b) That accurate information actually was available to people in a position to make a decision.

c) That there was a course of action available that could have influenced the outcome.

I know conservatives like drastic military actions, but somehow I don't see carpet-bombing Benghazi, even to save an esteemed ambassador, is a viable course of action. Just consider implications of disproportional US response in already destabilized region would be.

[Linked Image]