Quote:

Quote:

LOL. Well, we in Mafia always said that Jetstar's propaganda could have changed the course of real history if he was ever employed in such fashion. But in any case, don't assume that most of Mafia doesn't think fondly of KGB in the rivalry sense. UO during that time period and our wars together are probably my fondest memories of gaming. To this day, all of us in TM are still looking for that very same first "high" of UO. Every game since has been a disappointment in some form or another. I really hope DFO pans out for us all.

Wow Ranker, Thanks for the compliment and I hope to get a chance to exercise my skills again in DFO! You summarized everything perfectly in your response.

I just pray this gives us a chance to relive those old times. I mean it was a true virtual world, and not just a game. That's what I miss and long for.

It's the reason we miss it so much. There's no doubt your reporting had a bias slant to it. It's to be expected. Anyone else who failed to see that is missing the obvious. Part of winning a war is convincing your enemy they lost while raising morale of your own troops. You excelled at that art and probably did better than any other guildleader/news reporter than anyone I've faced ever since. It's one of the reasons why the conflict was so memorable.

Most of Mafia is now doctors, lawyers, cooks, engineers, and businessmen. However, on the rare occasion that our busy lives afford us, we get together to have a beer and regale about our youth; 99% of the time the conversation leads towards Ultima Online. First we talk about the old PK days. Second we talk about the war with KGB and to some extent PoA.

The very fact that you got us incensed with your reporting is proof alone how fun this game was and how much of an awesome virtual world was created. I think the exact line that one of the guys made was that if you were Germany during WWII, you'd somehow convince the entire nation that the Americans were about to fall while the Soviets were being crushed underneath the treads of the German tanks. A lot of people, including myself, often teased you for your lack of in game skill. However, it didn't dawn upon me until much later in life that your skill in game (or lack of) was irrelevant when compared to how much damage you could do or skill you had with the pen.

After all, some have sad the Pen is often mightier than the sword. I've never seen anyone demonstratively put that colloquialism into practice as you did.

The way I saw it, TM won most of its engagements on the field, however, KGB won most of the political game. Now that I think about it, it doesn't really matter how much we killed you guys if you could convince people that we didn't

In any case, /tiphat to the Jetstar. I hope you haven't lost any of your touch. I look forward to seeing the might pen in action in DFO!

Last edited by Ranker; 12/15/08 07:45 PM.