The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 10/19/08 06:46 AM
Posted By: Owain Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 10/21/08 10:40 PM
Oh, Hell yeah!
Quote:

Oh, Hell yeah!

This does not compare to my drastically unstable emotional state waiting on it's release.

Good luck pigeons sitting at 17%...may the Carebear MMO Gods bring you many ugly women and lots of soda....the real men are taking the beer.
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 10/29/08 12:39 PM
Heck yea I will!

Until then though... Fallout 3
Posted By: Elph Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 10/29/08 01:47 PM
no plans to play darkfall
Posted By: dolmar Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 10/29/08 10:04 PM
Elph you know ya want to play with the Rotting DecaYing PutrIdity that is THE UNDEAD ARMY!
Posted By: Elph Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 10/30/08 08:24 PM
LOL no thx Dolmar, game never gave me much interest

Especially when they had announced the ranged classes would be an FPS style of play which I can't stand.
Quote:

LOL no thx Dolmar, game never gave me much interest

Especially when they had announced the ranged classes would be an FPS style of play which I can't stand.

Mad Skillz needed!

Ima start playing CS again to get prepped!
Posted By: Vyse Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/06/08 07:32 PM
I have changed my mind from my original thought of no.

I will be playing Darkfall - man I hope I didn't sign up too late for the beta!!! I didn't realize how much it was like UO - I am 100% in if I can get my RL worked around it.
As you have made this our culmination for the past 12 years, one last time to put our true colors on, I have changed my decision from Undeceided to a firm "yes."

Posted By: Owain Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/08/08 05:08 PM
That is the best news I have heard in quite a while.
Quote:

As you have made this our culmination for the past 12 years, one last time to put our true colors on, I have changed my decision from Undeceided to a firm "yes."

Power to the people!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/08/08 05:50 PM
I've decided to push on to try and make DFO as well, I was undecided until Bardaji's return, now I'm more certain then ever I was before, that and KGB is a worthy cause worth fighting for.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/10/08 01:11 AM
Here, and fully committed to KGB success in Darkfall! This however, is not a grand culmination or last effort of KGB. This is the resurgence of the Knights of Glory and Beer as online gaming's preeminent anti-PK, PvP powerhouse!
Quote:

Here, and fully committed to KGB success in Darkfall! This however, is not a grand culmination or last effort of KGB. This is the resurgence of the Knights of Glory and Beer as online gaming's preeminent anti-PK, PvP powerhouse!

I feel better now....probably mostly because you went back to your old alias!
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/10/08 01:33 AM
Only for this one message...then it goes back!
Quote:

Only for this one message...then it goes back!

NEWB! Now no one sees it! It changes past posts too..

Death to the man!
Posted By: Viper Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/12/08 02:10 AM
Yes
Posted By: Slurz Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/12/08 02:45 AM
I change my poll pick from no to yes :P. I'm pretty new to KGB, but from what I've read here and the KGB I've met in WAR, it seems to me ya'll have a nice orginazation going on here and I'd like to join in DF. While I didn't play UO with you all, I did play UO on Great Lakes server and also DAoC Palomides/Ector.. and I love me some PvP!
Posted By: Daye Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/12/08 09:48 PM
I cannot possibly fathom rolling another character while
trying to retain a grip on my sanity. . .
Posted By: Derid Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/12/08 10:23 PM

Just let it go.... sanity is over-rated anyhow.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/12/08 10:49 PM
lol yea Daye, you were one of the first to make 40 in WAR, you can do some DFO !!! it'll be sweet
Count me in.
Posted By: Prism Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/13/08 01:48 AM
Count Me in as well.
good to hear it you guys.

And Daye...you have to have sanity to maintain it. Don't play us for fools. We know better..

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. "
-Winston Churchill
Posted By: Hare Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/21/08 06:07 PM
Count me in for DF.
Posted By: Arginal Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/27/08 10:55 PM
Yarrr! Lets go!
Posted By: Morlander Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/28/08 12:09 AM
i have not had a pker to hunt and make hell for in years i cant wait.!!!
Posted By: Syloc Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 11/29/08 07:14 AM
This should be fun, wooo!
Posted By: Thomas Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/06/08 05:41 PM
I will be playing (when it comes out)
Posted By: Represent Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/07/08 01:06 AM
I'm Playing
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/12/08 12:02 AM
TM (The Mafia) will be playing Darkfall and look forward to slaughtering KGB as we once did and establishing our traditional PK reign of terror over this new world as we did on Pacific Shard.

A big hello from Ranker and The Mafia to all the old school KGB that we fought against in UO on Pacific!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/12/08 01:17 AM
Quote:

TM (The Mafia) will be playing Darkfall and look forward to slaughtering KGB as we once did and establishing our traditional PK reign of terror over this new world as we did on Pacific Shard.

A big hello from Ranker and The Mafia to all the old school KGB that we fought against in UO on Pacific!

LOL...Hola Ranker. It's good to see that you have niether lost your sense of humor nor your ability to alter the facts to fit your needs. Good to see you and I am sure DFO will be the new UO if they get it half right.
Posted By: Demoyn Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/12/08 02:28 PM
Hey Vuldan, can you remind me who undeclared war please?
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/12/08 07:29 PM
Quote:

KGB did to our dismay. PoA had to feel our wrath as a result and undeclared on us 3 months later resulting in no other guilds willing to war us.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/12/08 09:32 PM
Quote:

Sure, I'll even be fair about it..TM were great opponents, and when it was clear they could no longer hold the field or even contribute, victory was declared. Questions? See the archives, but please, please do not try and convince anyone that TM won. Some battles, yes, but not the shooting match. DFO will surely provide ample opportunity to revisit this rivalry..what will be the new opportunity? DFO will be unique even more than UO..so I am sure we will see.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/13/08 04:29 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Sure, I'll even be fair about it..TM were great opponents, and when it was clear they could no longer hold the field or even contribute, victory was declared. Questions? See the archives, but please, please do not try and convince anyone that TM won. Some battles, yes, but not the shooting match. DFO will surely provide ample opportunity to revisit this rivalry..what will be the new opportunity? DFO will be unique even more than UO..so I am sure we will see.

Hold the field? Contribute? We could run PoA by ourselves off the table but failed to succeed against KGB? You must be joking.

The only thing KGB had was numbers. I still remember fondly taking on a large contingent of KGB members by myself and walking away victoriously. We were better prepared and skilled after having PvP'ed together for much longer than most of your members.

If anything, I give KGB credit for numbers they were able to recruit and sustain. You might not have had the best PvP quality, but you used your numbers well. But frankly, the majority of your members weren't even 7x GM when I could say that our members were 6x GM's at the very least.
You did have some skilled PvP'ers with whom I kept in touch with even after the UO years.

KGB did well WHEN they were able to muster their superior numbers. You guys were an army. You realized your strength was in numbers and used it well.

However, when caught in impromptu battles, TM always came out victorious when the numbers were even or even when we were slightly outnumbered. Please see the underlying logic: when you had superior numbers, we avoided confrontation because there was simply no point. If you consider holding certain areas only at certain times of the day victory, then by all means. But whenever there was actual fighting, we slew far more KGB than we lost. I remember talking to Hard Cash about how he had to yell at his own members to never leave town unless in packs of at least 6 to avoid being taken down us.

I don't see how anyone could say "we undeclared therefore we won". I find the logic amusing.
Posted By: Falx Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/13/08 02:24 PM
thread has been derailed~
Posted By: JetStar Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/13/08 07:26 PM
Well here it is from October 18th 1998:

Quote:

KGB and its allies showed their Military might in the last two days. KGB is now about to take and hold the Britain Cemetery (TM's claimed territory) for as long as it chooses. KGB has been able to push back countless attempts to regain their territory despite their blue healers, Blue thieves, and their constant tactics of leaving their GuildStone, recalling, and running. The stubborn Mafia will never accept defeat. Their members will continue to attempt hopeless attacks half dressed and weaponless. KGB's agent that is currently a member of TM said the following in a recent report, "The status of this war remains fruitless as TM remains a guild of two bit chain snatchers and petty pk thugs. TM are like a bunch of rats, there is no way of really defeating the guild, they just survive on stealing and opportunistic looting. They have poor equipment overall because they're not willing to earn it by honest effort. A guild like this is hard to hurt in any serious way, for there's no center point to kill them, you can't drain them of good weapons and armor for they don't have any. The slimy and scum always find a way to survive; TMs aren't prospering on the Pacific shard, just hustling out a meager existence, bottom fishers (most TMs are Scoundrels) of the first order. TMs often take the bone armor off corpses- that should tell you something ." Knowing this evaluation is accurate, GuildMaster JetStar has decided to claim victory and end the conflict on Monday October 26th, 1998. This will give us an opportunity to further prove our Military superiority and put more stress on TM's war supplies.

At Midnight on Monday October 26th, 1998, KGB will remove our GuildStone from War status against The Mafia Guild. We then plan to move on to our next conquest. We do this based on the following premises:

1) KGB outnumbers TM members at least 5 to 1.

2) KGB can Control TM's claimed territory at will

3) KGB has infiltrated TM and has a active spy on their stone

4) KGB has free access to The Mafia GuildStone

If you call that winning, then I guess you guys won.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/13/08 07:39 PM
Ranker,
As for you guys declaring on every guild on the server, here is one of our GSS Agents who infiltrated your guild (It was easy and we had more than 1). You can see only 2 Guilds were declared on you:

Here is another news story that includes pictures of you Ranker, using exploits.

Quote:

The Mafia resorts to desperate measures
TM proving to all that it has no honor
An Article by JetStar, KGB GuildMaster

The Mafia taking the war outside of Pacific, KGB responds
Mafia Members resorted to spamming the KGB Guestbook. After spending over an hour cleaning up after this menace, GuildMaster JetStar ordered the rules of wartime conduct suspended. All members of KGB are authorized to fight in any fashion they choose as long as it is not considered a bug or exploit (KGB members are strict anti-cheat/bug).

Wartime Newsreel - Pictures from the Battlefield
KGB scored several victories that we feel prompted the dirty work by Mafia members. Here are some picture of recent kills:

TM GuildMaster Ranker casting paralyze with his Bow in hand
Decide for yourself. In this picture you can clearly see Ranker with his bow in his hand. This member of KGB did not have a chance. You can see the effects of the spell to the lower left. This is obviously the use of some sort of exploit. We would appreciate hearing from any of our readers that can tell us how this is done and if this person is indeed using a bug or exploit.

Victory in the The Britain Cemetery
TM's Blue Healers and Tank Thieves got a taste of their own medicine tonight as KGB vanquished anyone that assisted Mafia members. KGB has been frustrated by TM members going on and off of their GuildStone. They do this to offer their members who are on the stone an unfair advantage. The Mafia not on the stone heal the members that are and the KGB cannot attack these persons because they are "Blue". Tonight despite the "Blue" status, KGB members attacked and killed them anyway. TM members also have thieves that are not on the stone that try to steal from KGB members while in battle.

I am not going to take away from your PvP skills, but in general, you guys employed lameness and used exploits. Blue healers, Going on and off the stone for your advantage, and most of all, taking it outside the game and spamming a public guestbook that we put up for everyone.

Again, it is easy to romanticise the past, as you have come here and tried to do, but I was careful enough to document our victories, and your moral failures for just an instance like this. Some of your guys had PVP skills, but you guys and your tactics underline just why KGB was so successful over the last 11 years. Lameness is not something to be proud of.

Again this is all there, with screen shots and all for your to review just check the KGB News Archives link from the Entrance Page.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/14/08 02:48 AM
Quote:

Ranker,
As for you guys declaring on every guild on the server, here is one of our GSS Agents who infiltrated your guild (It was easy and we had more than 1). You can see only 2 Guilds were declared on you:

Here is another news story that includes pictures of you Ranker, using exploits.

Quote:

The Mafia resorts to desperate measures
TM proving to all that it has no honor
An Article by JetStar, KGB GuildMaster

The Mafia taking the war outside of Pacific, KGB responds
Mafia Members resorted to spamming the KGB Guestbook. After spending over an hour cleaning up after this menace, GuildMaster JetStar ordered the rules of wartime conduct suspended. All members of KGB are authorized to fight in any fashion they choose as long as it is not considered a bug or exploit (KGB members are strict anti-cheat/bug).

Wartime Newsreel - Pictures from the Battlefield
KGB scored several victories that we feel prompted the dirty work by Mafia members. Here are some picture of recent kills:

TM GuildMaster Ranker casting paralyze with his Bow in hand
Decide for yourself. In this picture you can clearly see Ranker with his bow in his hand. This member of KGB did not have a chance. You can see the effects of the spell to the lower left. This is obviously the use of some sort of exploit. We would appreciate hearing from any of our readers that can tell us how this is done and if this person is indeed using a bug or exploit.

Victory in the The Britain Cemetery
TM's Blue Healers and Tank Thieves got a taste of their own medicine tonight as KGB vanquished anyone that assisted Mafia members. KGB has been frustrated by TM members going on and off of their GuildStone. They do this to offer their members who are on the stone an unfair advantage. The Mafia not on the stone heal the members that are and the KGB cannot attack these persons because they are "Blue". Tonight despite the "Blue" status, KGB members attacked and killed them anyway. TM members also have thieves that are not on the stone that try to steal from KGB members while in battle.

I am not going to take away from your PvP skills, but in general, you guys employed lameness and used exploits. Blue healers, Going on and off the stone for your advantage, and most of all, taking it outside the game and spamming a public guestbook that we put up for everyone.

Again, it is easy to romanticise the past, as you have come here and tried to do, but I was careful enough to document our victories, and your moral failures for just an instance like this. Some of your guys had PVP skills, but you guys and your tactics underline just why KGB was so successful over the last 11 years. Lameness is not something to be proud of.

Again this is all there, with screen shots and all for your to review just check the KGB News Archives link from the Entrance Page.

1) Thank you for proving my points. Only two guilds had the balls to remain declared against us at that point in time. KGB & PoA. Every single other guild folded and undeclared. Every day we'd declare on whatever new guild was created. We got bored with the game after KGB undeclared and PoA cried uncle and undeclared.

2) I never exploited. You do realize that most of us had macros to spam to "hide" our cast messages. Soon after that, many others on the server started copying our technique of 'masking' our casting incantations. Your screen shot really proves nothing. It did not document whether someone not on the screen had cast paralyze nor attributes for the delay in the message remaining on screen while I macroed my bow into my hand. I may have been ruthless to the point of res killing, stealing keys, etc, but everything was done within intended game mechanics. I was renown dueler during my time. Logic dictates it'd be incongruous to use an exploit for a random nobody in a random encounter.

2) You had two people that was on our stone. We turned one of them. It didn't take long to figure out who the first GSS agent was. A simple ICQ message to rally at different locations and seeing where KGB would assemble made it pretty obvious. Anyhow, we turned your first agent and he remained a double agent. You guys never noticed that many of your returned keys through your agent had duplicates made. I was surprised you never caught on because I'd have been mighty suspicious if an agent of mine had a 100% return rate on lost keys in battle. You guys were quite resourceful in coming up with your spy squad. However, you did underestimate my very own resourcefulness.

3) Look upon your "victories" Jetstar. Most of your victories involved surviving one of our attacks or rolling into an empty location and proclaiming you won. You were very well aware of my own website that I kept that documented how often we routed your forces. Propaganda was always one of your strongest weapons. In conjunction with your numerical advantage with your insane recruiting drives, you did quite well in not being totally dominated. KGB won a number of engagements, but we won the majority. I find it funny that only you deny this when many of your old officers and even merged guilds admitted otherwise. I ran into many old KGB members in games since including DAoC, Eve, etc.

Anyhow, this is just turning into a 'my penis is bigger than your penis' discussion and we all know how fun those are.

I'd like to reiterate how excited I am to find you guys are still around. I look forward to playing DFO against you guys so we can settle this penis size contest once and for all

Ranker
Posted By: Wildcard Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/14/08 05:44 PM
I'll definitely give it a go.

Still looking for that good old blood rush from the UO - Pac days of old. Until that time I'll be tinkering with Eve, Warhammer, CS & BF2/2142.

/waves to Ranker. Always good to know there will be guaranteed hostilities to keep things fun.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/14/08 11:17 PM
WTF happened to the Pluggers? Never heard of this UO Mafia crew. Seems like a nice rivalry to revive however. Hope you and yours fight more competently than you debate Ranker!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 03:49 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hold the field? Contribute? We could run PoA by ourselves off the table but failed to succeed against KGB? You must be joking.

The only thing KGB had was numbers. I still remember fondly taking on a large contingent of KGB members by myself and walking away victoriously. We were better prepared and skilled after having PvP'ed together for much longer than most of your members.

If anything, I give KGB credit for numbers they were able to recruit and sustain. You might not have had the best PvP quality, but you used your numbers well. But frankly, the majority of your members weren't even 7x GM when I could say that our members were 6x GM's at the very least.
You did have some skilled PvP'ers with whom I kept in touch with even after the UO years.

KGB did well WHEN they were able to muster their superior numbers. You guys were an army. You realized your strength was in numbers and used it well.

However, when caught in impromptu battles, TM always came out victorious when the numbers were even or even when we were slightly outnumbered. Please see the underlying logic: when you had superior numbers, we avoided confrontation because there was simply no point. If you consider holding certain areas only at certain times of the day victory, then by all means. But whenever there was actual fighting, we slew far more KGB than we lost. I remember talking to Hard Cash about how he had to yell at his own members to never leave town unless in packs of at least 6 to avoid being taken down us.

I don't see how anyone could say "we undeclared therefore we won". I find the logic amusing.

Spoken like a true defense attorney. The facts are altered to fit the needs of the arguement. As to my point, no, I was not and am not joking. It is only amusing to see the traditional mentality which went behind almost every move and post from those good old times by members of every guild who could not defeat KGB on a regular basis. You certainly prove that point very well. Your continued and assinine arguement that you had more 7xGM's than KGB is almost to funny to even contemplate. And if you indeed did find yourself able to survive an onslaught by more than a reasonable number of KGB on the field, then you must have in deed been guilty of the exploit use you were accussed of so long ago.

It is good to see you around and I hope to see you on the field in DFO. Your continued tirade is almost enough for me to file a returning vet app just to be sure there is no chance we might miss one another in DFO. If you have proof of your claims, beyond fantasizing, then please, bring it out. I have only to look to the KGB archives to have plenty of hard solid evidence to prove my points. You know this.

Any further arguement would only serve to solidify what I already know, which is that TM was a great PvP guild, fun to war and yet, you could not continue the fight. You know it and we know it and any further arguement to the contrary is moot. We can continue to banter it if you wish. Otherwise, good to see you around and look forward to DFO.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 06:37 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Spoken like a true defense attorney. The facts are altered to fit the needs of the arguement. As to my point, no, I was not and am not joking. It is only amusing to see the traditional mentality which went behind almost every move and post from those good old times by members of every guild who could not defeat KGB on a regular basis. You certainly prove that point very well. Your continued and assinine arguement that you had more 7xGM's than KGB is almost to funny to even contemplate. And if you indeed did find yourself able to survive an onslaught by more than a reasonable number of KGB on the field, then you must have in deed been guilty of the exploit use you were accussed of so long ago.

It is good to see you around and I hope to see you on the field in DFO. Your continued tirade is almost enough for me to file a returning vet app just to be sure there is no chance we might miss one another in DFO. If you have proof of your claims, beyond fantasizing, then please, bring it out. I have only to look to the KGB archives to have plenty of hard solid evidence to prove my points. You know this.

Any further arguement would only serve to solidify what I already know, which is that TM was a great PvP guild, fun to war and yet, you could not continue the fight. You know it and we know it and any further arguement to the contrary is moot. We can continue to banter it if you wish. Otherwise, good to see you around and look forward to DFO.

Ah yes, because your archives present the only engagements that ever occurred between Mafia and KGB correct? If so that must have been a boring war between us if there were only 15 clashes during our 2 year long war with one another. You can claim that your archives speak the gospel truth. It's like the Muslims claiming that the Koran is the actually the accurate word of God. Heck the KGB archives might as well have the "fair and balanced" reporting of Fox News. I find it amusing that KGB claims to have "won" when every other guild that warred us folded. Heck even SoV which merged into your guild couldn't handle our heat. But I guess its always more convenient to circle jerk upon the idea that KGB was the definitive PvP guild on Pac right? lol

Alas, Mafia's first website is no longer up nor did I have the foresight to believe that KGB would claim victory or else I'd still keep it up with all of our documented kills and victories.

But hey, I guess its always easier to presume you're the best guild and incapable of losing in PvP right? I relish the chance to see our two guilds meet again in DFO.

PS. It always speaks of class when you resort to personal attacks. Alas, I'm not a defense attorney as criminal law doesn't stimulate me at all nor does it generate the income required to sustain the type of lifestyle I enjoy living. I would have figured that KGB was classy enough to avoid the personal attacks even when we forum joust out of nostalgia for our old fun rivalry.

Quote:

Still looking for that good old blood rush from the UO - Pac days of old. Until that time I'll be tinkering with Eve, Warhammer, CS & BF2/2142.

/waves to Ranker. Always good to know there will be guaranteed hostilities to keep things fun.

Hey Wildcard! Good to see you around. What corp are you with in Eve?

Anyhow a /wave back to what I considered to be KGB's best dueler/pvper from our old UO days =)
Posted By: Derid Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 06:17 PM

I am mostly staying out of this thread as I had my fun in the previous one, but two quick points:

1) Vuldan is not and has not been KGB for many many years. His guild, CxC has been hostile toward KGB ever since they split. I am not saying I disagree with what he says here, or agree - just pointing out that CxC members do not speak for KGB.

2) Masking your casting wasnt something you invented that late in UO... in fact someone called Palus showed me the rudiments of it as far back as Febuary and I doubt she invented it. Amongst the circles of hardcore pvpers it was common knowledge for approx 8 months prior to the time period you describe.
Posted By: Demoyn Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 07:19 PM
I was really trying to be a smart ass, but I think I may have been in basic training before the TM war ended, as I don't remember a lot of stuff from that time.

Vuldan, come back and join us! I don't know what the specifics were involving your exit, but they couldn't have been much worse than mine. Come... revisit the past with us!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 08:19 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ah yes, because your archives present the only engagements that ever occurred between Mafia and KGB correct? If so that must have been a boring war between us if there were only 15 clashes during our 2 year long war with one another. You can claim that your archives speak the gospel truth. It's like the Muslims claiming that the Koran is the actually the accurate word of God. Heck the KGB archives might as well have the "fair and balanced" reporting of Fox News. I find it amusing that KGB claims to have "won" when every other guild that warred us folded. Heck even SoV which merged into your guild couldn't handle our heat. But I guess its always more convenient to circle jerk upon the idea that KGB was the definitive PvP guild on Pac right? lol

Alas, Mafia's first website is no longer up nor did I have the foresight to believe that KGB would claim victory or else I'd still keep it up with all of our documented kills and victories.

But hey, I guess its always easier to presume you're the best guild and incapable of losing in PvP right? I relish the chance to see our two guilds meet again in DFO.

PS. It always speaks of class when you resort to personal attacks. Alas, I'm not a defense attorney as criminal law doesn't stimulate me at all nor does it generate the income required to sustain the type of lifestyle I enjoy living. I would have figured that KGB was classy enough to avoid the personal attacks even when we forum joust out of nostalgia for our old fun rivalry.

Quote:

Hey Wildcard! Good to see you around. What corp are you with in Eve?

Anyhow a /wave back to what I considered to be KGB's best dueler/pvper from our old UO days =)

It was not meant personal bro, had no clue what type of law you practiced. As a lawyer, you are most aware that words have power beyond what most people think. Trust me, personal would have been very recognizable as such, honest. Remember, this is a message board so there is no way to give it emotion unless you choose the emotion.

As Derid says, I do not speak for KGB. I will defend the KGB of old that I was a part of, and still hold strong feelings for many of KGB members. Beyond which, of course, the memories are always going to be different depending on what side of the line you are on.

I look forward to DFO and the rivalries that will exist there, and the old TM war days were some of my most fond memories in my early career at KGB. Lots of good times, and with rare exception, very little hold over animosity. As you eloquently pointed out, the points of view are unique to the sides. I still say your facts are outragously exagerated, but that is my perspective, not yours. Wish you the best Rank, and look forward to seeing all of you in DFO.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 09:41 PM
Quote:

I am mostly staying out of this thread as I had my fun in the previous one, but two quick points:

1) Vuldan is not and has not been KGB for many many years. His guild, CxC has been hostile toward KGB ever since they split. I am not saying I disagree with what he says here, or agree - just pointing out that CxC members do not speak for KGB.

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up.

Quote:

2) Masking your casting wasnt something you invented that late in UO... in fact someone called Palus showed me the rudiments of it as far back as Febuary and I doubt she invented it. Amongst the circles of hardcore pvpers it was common knowledge for approx 8 months prior to the time period you describe.

Actually it was something that was created in late 97 by a bunch of us PK's while we were dueling with each other. This included myself, Francine Booth, Xan, Yoda, etc.

I never stated that the technique was created at that time point that screenshot was taken. There were many variations that were done afterwards. We created the empty text chant by creating key binds that spammed empty "white" space. After OSI eliminated that, some unknown modified it to chat various incantations to mask the spell being cast.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 09:50 PM
Quote:

It was not meant personal bro, had no clue what type of law you practiced. As a lawyer, you are most aware that words have power beyond what most people think. Trust me, personal would have been very recognizable as such, honest. Remember, this is a message board so there is no way to give it emotion unless you choose the emotion.

If you didn't mean anything by it, then no harm done. I don't mind lawyer jokes when its done in a humorous manner. On the face of your argument, it seemed as if you attempted to be demeaning. But as you explained yourself, no harm no foul.

Quote:

As Derid says, I do not speak for KGB. I will defend the KGB of old that I was a part of, and still hold strong feelings for many of KGB members. Beyond which, of course, the memories are always going to be different depending on what side of the line you are on.

I understand this fully as well. =)

Quote:

I look forward to DFO and the rivalries that will exist there, and the old TM war days were some of my most fond memories in my early career at KGB. Lots of good times, and with rare exception, very little hold over animosity. As you eloquently pointed out, the points of view are unique to the sides. I still say your facts are outragously exagerated, but that is my perspective, not yours. Wish you the best Rank, and look forward to seeing all of you in DFO.

LOL. Well, we in Mafia always said that Jetstar's propaganda could have changed the course of real history if he was ever employed in such fashion. But in any case, don't assume that most of Mafia doesn't think fondly of KGB in the rivalry sense. UO during that time period and our wars together are probably my fondest memories of gaming. To this day, all of us in TM are still looking for that very same first "high" of UO. Every game since has been a disappointment in some form or another. I really hope DFO pans out for us all.
Posted By: Derid Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 10:45 PM

You hung out with Yoda and Fran? Who was your alt, I always thought you kept blue/light red on Ranker, I dont recall you hanging out with Yoda or Fran or a ghost/marcus or those guys.

Xan I barely remember, but I know he had an alt that I'd remember better if I heard it. IIRC he joined DIA stone in first PGC wars as well. Fran actually joined KGB not long after I did, though ended up leaving KGB at some point while I was away.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/15/08 11:59 PM
Quote:

You hung out with Yoda and Fran? Who was your alt, I always thought you kept blue/light red on Ranker, I dont recall you hanging out with Yoda or Fran or a ghost/marcus or those guys.

Xan I barely remember, but I know he had an alt that I'd remember better if I heard it. IIRC he joined DIA stone in first PGC wars as well. Fran actually joined KGB not long after I did, though ended up leaving KGB at some point while I was away.

The PK era started out with me, Duorden, and scottie. We were the first PK'ers to terrorize the dungeons, x-roads, trinsic entrance, and moon gates during the Beta days. In launch we ended up going our separate ways to carve out territory for our own crew.

After Scottie and Duorden took a break from the game, LoE and LoD came into power. Xan, Francine, me and a few others ended up banding together to form LoE. We mainly PK'ed in the xroads and dungeons while LoD took claim of Trinsic. Xan was actually the voted leader of LoE. Francine always had the biggest crush on him lol.

Yoda came much much later. He wasn't an OG PK but he rolled with our crew from time to time. Basically, most PK's kept few loyalties. Our egos were too big to really allow ourselves to stick with one another for too long.

"Mysterio" was my first char and my main PK. Afraid of not having a viable character for the newly instated guild war system due to potential stat loss for being red, I rolled Ranker and quickly macro'ed him to 7x GM within a month purely for guild wars. I still kept Mysterio around to PK with whenever someone had to die during the guild war era when their stone wouldn't reciprocate with our declaration. Mysterio jr. was my dex monkey.
Posted By: Derid Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/16/08 12:32 AM

Ok I actually remember Mysterio a little bit, dont think I ever knew he was your character. Will have to ponder a little more.

It hit me that Xan was FL, and I now remember he went blue early like a lot of FL, with Xan, but rolled an alt I think to PK with after he took his old PK blue... iirc

Damn what a trip I hadnt thought of Yoda or Xan in years. Anyhow I actually remember Mysterio so you have a little more credit than just as Ranker, all I remembered of Ranker was an image of GY guard hugging =p

I think I might have actually talked with you as Mysterio some, though I cant be certain of that and dont even remember if I liked you or not. It will come to me sooner or later.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/16/08 12:59 AM
Quote:

Ok I actually remember Mysterio a little bit, dont think I ever knew he was your character. Will have to ponder a little more.

It hit me that Xan was FL, and I now remember he went blue early like a lot of FL, with Xan, but rolled an alt I think to PK with after he took his old PK blue... iirc

Damn what a trip I hadnt thought of Yoda or Xan in years. Anyhow I actually remember Mysterio so you have a little more credit than just as Ranker, all I remembered of Ranker was an image of GY guard hugging =p

I think I might have actually talked with you as Mysterio some, though I cant be certain of that and dont even remember if I liked you or not. It will come to me sooner or later.

A lot of PK's ended up making their mains their blues and rerolling a new char to PK with. They wanted to keep their names and reputation. I wanted the anonymity of having a blue that wasn't tied to my PK'ing past for political precautions.

It's much easier to kill the PK's that annoyed you with your blue when they could play their "hey we PK'ed together once" card

I'm pretty sure we talked to another at one point or another. You're one of the few familiar names on this thread. Although like yourself, I can't pinpoint our relations, it didn't sound right to me when I saw your KGB tag. I always remembered you as being on the red side. Anyhow, someone fill me in on what's happened with KGB since then.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/16/08 01:57 AM
Quote:

LOL. Well, we in Mafia always said that Jetstar's propaganda could have changed the course of real history if he was ever employed in such fashion. But in any case, don't assume that most of Mafia doesn't think fondly of KGB in the rivalry sense. UO during that time period and our wars together are probably my fondest memories of gaming. To this day, all of us in TM are still looking for that very same first "high" of UO. Every game since has been a disappointment in some form or another. I really hope DFO pans out for us all.

Wow Ranker, Thanks for the compliment and I hope to get a chance to exercise my skills again in DFO! You summarized everything perfectly in your response.

I just pray this gives us a chance to relive those old times. I mean it was a true virtual world, and not just a game. That's what I miss and long for.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/16/08 02:43 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Wow Ranker, Thanks for the compliment and I hope to get a chance to exercise my skills again in DFO! You summarized everything perfectly in your response.

I just pray this gives us a chance to relive those old times. I mean it was a true virtual world, and not just a game. That's what I miss and long for.

It's the reason we miss it so much. There's no doubt your reporting had a bias slant to it. It's to be expected. Anyone else who failed to see that is missing the obvious. Part of winning a war is convincing your enemy they lost while raising morale of your own troops. You excelled at that art and probably did better than any other guildleader/news reporter than anyone I've faced ever since. It's one of the reasons why the conflict was so memorable.

Most of Mafia is now doctors, lawyers, cooks, engineers, and businessmen. However, on the rare occasion that our busy lives afford us, we get together to have a beer and regale about our youth; 99% of the time the conversation leads towards Ultima Online. First we talk about the old PK days. Second we talk about the war with KGB and to some extent PoA.

The very fact that you got us incensed with your reporting is proof alone how fun this game was and how much of an awesome virtual world was created. I think the exact line that one of the guys made was that if you were Germany during WWII, you'd somehow convince the entire nation that the Americans were about to fall while the Soviets were being crushed underneath the treads of the German tanks. A lot of people, including myself, often teased you for your lack of in game skill. However, it didn't dawn upon me until much later in life that your skill in game (or lack of) was irrelevant when compared to how much damage you could do or skill you had with the pen.

After all, some have sad the Pen is often mightier than the sword. I've never seen anyone demonstratively put that colloquialism into practice as you did.

The way I saw it, TM won most of its engagements on the field, however, KGB won most of the political game. Now that I think about it, it doesn't really matter how much we killed you guys if you could convince people that we didn't

In any case, /tiphat to the Jetstar. I hope you haven't lost any of your touch. I look forward to seeing the might pen in action in DFO!
Posted By: JetStar Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/16/08 05:58 PM
All spin aside, I think you still are living a bit in the clouds. Lets refine that memory a little. Again, it was much like the US vs the insurgency. Organization vs organization, you didnt have a chance, but in smaller numbers, you did well.

I look forward to reliving this in DF, and cant wait.
Posted By: SpeedyKGB Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/16/08 10:13 PM
RED=DEAD!

Unless your a KGB paladin. Man do I miss the feeling of war times in UO.
Posted By: Demoyn Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/16/08 11:36 PM
SPEEDY! Man, I was just talking about you yesterday.
Posted By: SpeedyKGB Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/17/08 04:37 AM
What's up dem?
Posted By: Demoyn Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/17/08 02:23 PM
Not much... just work, wife, wait (for DFO). Are you going to join us again?
Posted By: SpeedyKGB Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/17/08 04:40 PM
I know how that goes. I plan on playing DFO, just depends on my computer and extra time I have.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/17/08 08:13 PM
Now, all kidding and BS aside, you know DFO must be promising some serious stuff..look at all the "old" school KGB coming out of the wood work..Hola Speedy..hope your doing well.

Dem..thanks for the offer to return. I'll mull it over. My resignation was for good reason, and unlike the general impression of CXC, I do not hold contempt for KGB. Ok, not for the organization. DFO, if delivered as promised and as it appears, may very well herald the return we have all apprently been seeking. I can say with absolute certainty, it will be the last MMO for me as well, so if it bombs, Vuldan will dissappear. So we will see.
Posted By: Owain Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/17/08 10:24 PM
Vuldan, just come on back and be a damn ranker like me. No politics, no bullshit, just doing our best to administer a little of that good old fashioned player justice!
Posted By: Winter Re: Will you be playing Darkfall with KGB? - 12/18/08 07:21 AM
I will be in Darkfall. Cya there
© The KGB Oracle