The American government has a history of "helping" out people that end up causing huge amounts of trouble.

They donated money to Hitlers rising political party. They gave money and weapons to Osama years before either one of the trade center bombings. They gave money and support to Saddam and I am sure other communist dictators all over the world. They have a history of having the wool pulled over their eyes until something drastic happens in return. I have stated before I dont like this war I think we got into based on lies and should have waited. I support our troops over there I write letters and emails. But, in defense of America, WE did not hang Saddam. In fact, he never got an official United Nations trial based on his crimes. He was tried by the Iraq people and hung by them before anyone else could throw their stick in. Saddam requested to be shot to death, because his religion states that if you are hung your soul cannot escape your body and you are stuck in it for all eternity. No tons of virgins waiting at Allah's gates. They denied him this request to punish him further.
The American government does nothing about Iran because we are "allied" with them apparently. All we do is tell them to play nice with Israel and then turn our backs when they dont. So they throw money and support at them too until they become too cheeky and then we will end up invading and blowing them up as well.

I am glad Saddam is dead. He was a very bad person and he deserved the punishment his government gave him. But all this takes the focus off of what really started ALL of this. Those two towers in New York and the plane into the Pentagon and Flight 93. Through this whole "war" the press has asked repeatedly, "yeah great you got Saddam you brought him down cool, but what about Osama?" And you know what Bush does? He changes the subject or goes to another question. Why don't we quit debate over the right and wrongs of THIS guy being hung and start asking questions about the real issue at hand. Where the hell is Osama and why haven't they picked him up yet? He is MORE dangerous to the citizens of the US right now then any other force out there! Bad combination of millions of dollars, american weapons information and a big grudge. Goodbye Saddam you were an egotistical, sick minded, eccentrical, greedy bastard and I hope you enjoy living in your rotting corpse. Nuff of that lets go find Osama.

[Linked Image from i16.tinypic.com]