Quote:

Re: Something to ponder

Its true Saddam did control Iraq; of course he did it with totalitarianism. It will be interesting to see if Democracy ever holds in Iraq and if the three populations can come together in one country. But I think it’s very possible and I wouldn’t sell democracy short.
Even if the chaos lasted 100 years, it would be worth it for the next generations for 500 years.
As far as hanging GB I don’t see any real logic in that. There was no way to know when Saddam would use WMD. He also openly supported terrorism against our country. I would say we had the right to go in. As we do with Iran. With Iran though, it would be extremely difficult to take care of with out international support.
I keep an optimistic look on the future of Iraq, and I definitely feel it was worth trying, and it had to happen eventually. I really don’t believe Iraq would have ever overthrown Saddam until he died and probably not even then. Fact is we fed Saddam weapons for the sake of a short term solution that helped every one at the time. It only seems right that we come back and fix the abuse we helped support.