The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Saddam Hanging Video - 12/31/06 06:47 PM
Someone used their mobile phone to capture the hanging of Saddam in it's entirety.

This is not for all viewers:
http://www.liveleak.com/saddam5.html
Posted By: Mordeloth Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 12/31/06 07:25 PM
its incredible how different it is there from the US, seemed to hectic, as if they where just killing some random man
Posted By: ltima Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 12/31/06 11:50 PM
odd.
Posted By: Arcain Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 12:07 AM
they shoulda gassed him really slowly
Posted By: Mordeloth Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 01:26 AM
Shoulda just sent him to florida to be executed, theyd have found some way to mess it up. For those who are clueless as to what im talkin about, they used to use electricution but stopped that after 2 peoples heads caught on fire. So a short time ago they executed a man via leathel injection and they missed his arteries or veigns and it took him like 45 minutes to die
Posted By: Slinger Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 06:54 AM
Quote:

its incredible how different it is there from the US, seemed to hectic, as if they where just killing some random man

For what reason should you give any man who has become such a dishonorable enemy a long, drawn out, fancy execution? I have my personal doubts about whether or not his death will make much of a difference at all with the war in the middle east, whether it does or not, there's no reason for a fancy service; hang'im 'til he's dead, then throw his corpse in a ditch.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 12:18 PM
...and then head to Taco Bell for a Chalupa and a Coke.

Now that's what I call a productive day!
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 03:15 PM
The guy didn't deserve to die.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been removed from power, he was a dictator, of course he should have, but it wasn't the U.S's place to remove him, it was the Iraqi people's. If they're too weak to overthrow him, they're stuck with him. It happens all over the world, you don't see the U.S. removing the dozens of African dictators, the handful of European, Asian and South American dictators.

What made Saddam so different? Other than the fact that he had oil and Bush's dad didn't finish the job 15 years ago? He killed a bunch of Kurds in 1982? First of all there had been a failed assassination attempt on him months or weeks earlier, so he decided to give them a little payback by gassing their families. A practice that I guarantee you 100% the majority of the other dictators also follow. But not only do we only remove Saddam from power based on this one attack in 1982, but in 1982 he was our ally against Iran, so the U.S. didn't get word of this video until the late 80s when we were at war with him and we needed propaganda against him.

The guy should have been removed from power, sure, but it wasn't our place to go remove him. On top of that, he should have just been kicked out of Iraq, he could spend the rest of his days spending his fortune in Paris or something (a la Pinochet.) Sure, he was a dictator, but he acted just like any other dictator, dictators who go on living. Did he really deserve the death sentence?
Posted By: Owain Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 03:44 PM
Quote:

He killed a bunch of Kurds in 1982? First of all there had been a failed assassination attempt on him months or weeks earlier, so he decided to give them a little payback by gassing their families.

I think that's enough - and since the Iraqis themselves decided it, that's good for me.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 05:13 PM
Quote:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

-The Declaration of Independence

Without the help of the French and many others America would not exist today. When a people are oppressed it is their HUMAN RIGHT to rise up against that oppression.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/01/07 05:19 PM
Quote:

It happens all over the world, you don't see the U.S. removing the dozens of African dictators, the handful of European, Asian and South American dictators.

Sweet Jebus, don't even utter those words while Bush is still in office! Next thing you know we'll be sending our national guard over seas...err, wait...they're already gone. We'll be sending our preschoolers, kindergarteners, and first through fourth grraded to each of the aforementioned places to fight for FREEDOM!
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/02/07 12:23 AM
lol raekwon
Posted By: Winter Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/02/07 06:31 AM
The reason they chose hanging instead of death by fire squad is because in that religion it is belived that if you are hung your soul cannot escape your body and go to their version of heaven. And he didnt just kill a few people, he had over 200,000 people put to death in his rein. Men, women and children. In my eyes he was as bad as Hitler, and had he not taken his own life he would have been put to death too for crimes against humanity.

I don't like Bush, I don't like this war, I have lost friends in it. I think Bush is finishing off what daddy started just so they have that notch on their belts. I hate that they lied about the wmds in order to start this war. But I do belive that Saddam got what he deserved in life. It's called karma and it will kick you in the ass every time.
Posted By: Bishop Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/02/07 06:22 PM
I would argue that all these dictators deserve the death sentence. Saddam just got stupid and called to much attention to him self. If the resources to remove all dictators was easily available it would happen. However the world is far to lazy to involve them selves in other peoples problems. Saddam made him self our problem, so we fixed it.

Although i would argue that outsiders do have the right to remove evil dictators.
Posted By: Bishop Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/02/07 06:25 PM
Quote:

I don't like Bush, I don't like this war, I have lost friends in it. I think Bush is finishing off what daddy started just so they have that notch on their belts. I hate that they lied about the wmds in order to start this war. But I do belive that Saddam got what he deserved in life. It's called karma and it will kick you in the ass every time.

Fact is that at some point Saddam was planning to build WMD. He had no respect for UN sanctions and eventually some one was going to have to do something about it. However we could have easily waiting and worked with the UN and possibly had more support when it finnaly actually become neccisary.

So i support the war, but im not sure it was the right time.
Posted By: Arcain Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/03/07 05:20 AM
Quote:

Quote:

It happens all over the world, you don't see the U.S. removing the dozens of African dictators, the handful of European, Asian and South American dictators.

Sweet Jebus, don't even utter those words while Bush is still in office! Next thing you know we'll be sending our national guard over seas...err, wait...they're already gone. We'll be sending our preschoolers, kindergarteners, and first through fourth grraded to each of the aforementioned places to fight for FREEDOM!

sounds like a fair fight to me.... i mean that is baotu when they start handing them wooden guns and aks around 3rd to learn how to march in the ranks and such
Posted By: Arcain Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/03/07 05:33 AM
and before anyone even attempts to dispute that here are some pics my friend took while over there.

I find it funny how they use some of the building supplies for shelter to make the guns for the kids lol
Posted By: Arcain Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/03/07 05:51 AM
i guess what im trying to say is, the world is a terrible horrible place, it has always been a violent horrible terrible place, and it will always be a disgusting twisted reality for as long as there is any form of advanced life on the planet. mind you it keeps things interesting since i was a kid people have become so afraid of the violence that was just as bad back in the day that i feel bad for children there are so many strict laws and stupid things hyped up in the media its disgusting.... I'm still waiting for that crazy avian flu that was suppose to break out last year this time to severely hamper human civilization as we know or maybe SARS will come back and bind itself with HIV creating some kinda super virus i mean come on people and well be happy that some jackass who murdered and tortured people in the most creative obscene ways is dead and hopefully sparks a bunch of them start a huge civil war and kill one side or the other off bringing about another militant dictator that has no scapegoats to turn his people on to power forcing a group of people to assassinate him and bring about some form of council that can agree on issues and gain a form of stability and negotiable stance with other infidel nations. this will never happen in any of our lifetimes since that stupid religion factor is there but i can dream
Posted By: Mordeloth Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/03/07 11:17 AM
haha just saw on the news that they are lookin for the dude who videod the hanging, tsk tsk someone is in trouble
Posted By: Lenny Something to ponder - 01/03/07 03:58 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/11/iraq.deaths/

Trust me I don’t think that Saddam was a good guy, but look at what he did. He kept a crazy country that has people living in it that hate each other under relatively calm since the Iraq/Iran war.

Think of this, a crazy man was able to control the country, but now the western world has gone in there and tried to impose their beliefs (supposedly better) and look at the chaos.

I think they should have taken him out on their own, and it was inevitable that it was going to happen. I also believe that Iran has always been more of a rouge nation that Iraq and more of a threat to the western world. So why not go in there and take them out. Reason, it would have been harder and would have never came close.

I think the American government should worry more about national problems (rising debt) than removing an old ally from power.

I think that when the UN did not support the war, Big G shoudl have never gone in. Look what happened in North Korea when China gets involved. Kim Jong Il new that if they did not listen, it was all over for him.

oh, and about the article, are we going to hang George after this is done? Seems that his war on terrorism has been responsible for more deaths than saddam. Just something to ponder.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/03/07 04:01 PM
Quote:

and before anyone even attempts to dispute that here are some pics my friend took while over there.

I find it funny how they use some of the building supplies for shelter to make the guns for the kids lol

I like this. Or at least, require everyone straight out of high school who is physically/mentally capable to spend 2 years in the military. Along with that, be taught mandatory Advanced Humanities and the basics of Ethics. Seriously, the heartland of America is way too soft and good old principles such as self-discipine and honor are nearly dead. 911 never would have happened like it did, (let alone many other incidents)if every American was educated in Self-Defense and basic fighting skills. Not to mention that Americans would then probably have more patriotism and drive to succeed.

And, a precursor: Dispute that to me all day long if you want, I'll never change my stance on that idea. I've experienced way too much throughout the world and in America to believe otherwise.
Posted By: Bishop Re: Something to ponder - 01/03/07 08:17 PM
Quote:

Re: Something to ponder

Its true Saddam did control Iraq; of course he did it with totalitarianism. It will be interesting to see if Democracy ever holds in Iraq and if the three populations can come together in one country. But I think it’s very possible and I wouldn’t sell democracy short.
Even if the chaos lasted 100 years, it would be worth it for the next generations for 500 years.
As far as hanging GB I don’t see any real logic in that. There was no way to know when Saddam would use WMD. He also openly supported terrorism against our country. I would say we had the right to go in. As we do with Iran. With Iran though, it would be extremely difficult to take care of with out international support.
I keep an optimistic look on the future of Iraq, and I definitely feel it was worth trying, and it had to happen eventually. I really don’t believe Iraq would have ever overthrown Saddam until he died and probably not even then. Fact is we fed Saddam weapons for the sake of a short term solution that helped every one at the time. It only seems right that we come back and fix the abuse we helped support.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Something to ponder - 01/03/07 09:55 PM
Quote:

There was no way to know when Saddam would use WMD.

Weapons of mass destruction... We're using those right now, only the one we're using is far less efficient than the ones we're referring to. We're using our military, and it's doing massive destruction. It's a funny term, then, "weapons of mass destruction."
Posted By: Lenny Re: Something to ponder - 01/03/07 10:32 PM
The whole point of this arguement was the fact that Saddam was responsible for the death of thousands of people, so he should be hung. I still dont believe that the court case was independent from outside pressures (that is was judged based on Iraqi principles). Now, George W is responsible for a lot of death, and my point is, not much different than Saddam.

Your point about democracy, it is a western democracy. How many countries over there has ever had any democracy. I bet if you talk to people that were from Iraq, and ask them if this is worth it, I can guess that the majority would say no.

By no means to I believe that Saddam was right in what he did. The problem that I have with it, is that there are much bigger issues out there right now. Look at north Korea, how many people have died there, but George W just wants to starve them into democracy. There are more injustices going on in NK.

Please dont think that I am saying this because i am Canadian, I do believe that Canada should have supported this war as well as every other nation in the world. All the problems would have ended a long time ago if there were more troops there and the whole place was on lock down. There should have been more support from the neighbors, if there were, the US troops would have left and things would be better. Just my opinion
Posted By: Bishop Re: Something to ponder - 01/04/07 12:32 AM
Quote:

There was no way to know when Saddam would use WMD.

Violence in self defense is justified. It's not perfect but thats the world we live in. And its the way the world has been forever.
Posted By: Arcain Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/04/07 01:03 AM
crim they aren't just practicing for discipline, they are doing this because they will soon need to pick up a real rifle and learn to shoot at real people. I am all for discipline but you dont need pre teens holding guns trying to kill people
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/04/07 05:05 AM
Quote:

crim they aren't just practicing for discipline, they are doing this because they will soon need to pick up a real rifle and learn to shoot at real people. I am all for discipline but you dont need pre teens holding guns trying to kill people

Of course not - that's why I mentioned Advanced Humanities (wide ranging philosophy) and Ethics to go along with self defense and/or military education. Teaching undeveloped, unsophisticated, and hormonally imbalanced kids to kill on command is foolish. Teaching them the value of various philsophical teachings mingled with ethics; and to defend themselves, family, and why/where/when to do so is beyond acceptable to me - it should be mandatory.
Posted By: Lenny Re: Saddam Hanging Video - 01/04/07 03:00 PM
Crim, watch blooddiamond.
Posted By: Daye Re: Something to ponder - 01/08/07 05:42 AM
Yep.

Saddam was perhaps responsible for the deaths of many, many people during his reign. However, many leaders of many countries are responsible for the very same thing. Including our own. The world is a very hypocritical place apparently.

Funny thing is, we put Saddam into power to begin with. Apparently we even gave Saddam a list of folks he could start removing.

"In 1963, a CIA-organized coup did successfully assassinate Qasim and Saddam's Ba'ath Party came to power for the first time. Saddam returned from exile in Egypt and took up the key post as head of Iraq's secret service. The CIA then provided the new pliant, Iraqi regime with the names of thousands of communists, and other leftist activists and organizers. Thousands of these supporters of Qasim and his policies were soon dead in a rampage of mass murder carried out by the CIA's close friends in Iraq."

Sure we hung the right guy still ? :|

I saw the video. The first thought that came to mind was what did his death truly accomplish ? If anything, the video has given the region yet another excuse to keep killing each other. Ok, Saddam's now gone. Ask yourself this: Is Iraq a safer place today because of it ?

The reasoning behind this all was OMG he's trying to get nukes ! Yeah, show me a country in the region that ISN'T.

Iran is MUCH further along in their nuclear development than Iraq ever was, yet we haven't gone in there yet. Iran is also a bigger threat to the region since they seem to be on the tirade of ' Let's obliterate Israel '.

What will be interesting to watch is when Israel finally gets tired of Iran poking them with the stick. Poke a dog long enough and eventually they're going to bite the @&%# out of you.

Since Iran has placed their nuclear facilities within cities , there's going to be a LOT of collateral damage when Israel finally does take action.

We're not done with this mess by a long shot methinks. . .

-Daye
Posted By: Winter Re: Something to ponder - 01/08/07 08:37 AM
The American government has a history of "helping" out people that end up causing huge amounts of trouble.

They donated money to Hitlers rising political party. They gave money and weapons to Osama years before either one of the trade center bombings. They gave money and support to Saddam and I am sure other communist dictators all over the world. They have a history of having the wool pulled over their eyes until something drastic happens in return. I have stated before I dont like this war I think we got into based on lies and should have waited. I support our troops over there I write letters and emails. But, in defense of America, WE did not hang Saddam. In fact, he never got an official United Nations trial based on his crimes. He was tried by the Iraq people and hung by them before anyone else could throw their stick in. Saddam requested to be shot to death, because his religion states that if you are hung your soul cannot escape your body and you are stuck in it for all eternity. No tons of virgins waiting at Allah's gates. They denied him this request to punish him further.
The American government does nothing about Iran because we are "allied" with them apparently. All we do is tell them to play nice with Israel and then turn our backs when they dont. So they throw money and support at them too until they become too cheeky and then we will end up invading and blowing them up as well.

I am glad Saddam is dead. He was a very bad person and he deserved the punishment his government gave him. But all this takes the focus off of what really started ALL of this. Those two towers in New York and the plane into the Pentagon and Flight 93. Through this whole "war" the press has asked repeatedly, "yeah great you got Saddam you brought him down cool, but what about Osama?" And you know what Bush does? He changes the subject or goes to another question. Why don't we quit debate over the right and wrongs of THIS guy being hung and start asking questions about the real issue at hand. Where the hell is Osama and why haven't they picked him up yet? He is MORE dangerous to the citizens of the US right now then any other force out there! Bad combination of millions of dollars, american weapons information and a big grudge. Goodbye Saddam you were an egotistical, sick minded, eccentrical, greedy bastard and I hope you enjoy living in your rotting corpse. Nuff of that lets go find Osama.
© The KGB Oracle