Originally Posted By: Derid
The fact that Obama is a continuation of Bush is pretty well established and far from a "conspiracy theory". Bush gave lip service to many things I agreed with, however in practice his policy and governing apparatus worked to achieve opposite ends. The same holds true with Obama, I suppose I am continually surprised that you choose not to look past the rhetoric and focus on the actions. Even that "Consumer Protection" bureau.. you should google up what it has actually done, and what the ramifications have actually been sometime.

I strongly disagree with most of this paragraph. On the CPB, here you go:

Quote:
The first anniversary of American consumers' new financial watchdog came and went without fireworks. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) didn't trumpet its accomplishments. Its opponents didn't blast it for regulatory overreach. For an agency that (depending on your point of view) was either going to save consumers or bind and gag them with red tape, the silence was a little surreal

The delayed reaction may have something to do with the agency's late start (its director didn't take the reins until January, when President Obama used a recess appointment after fierce congressional opposition from Republicans). Maybe opponents are waiting to see how the CFPB resolves big, sensitive issues in the next few months. Or maybe it's a summer lull (the agency's first-year report is due soon).

"They've gotten off to a good start," says Claes Bell, a journalist for Bankrate, a Florida-based firm that tracks interest rates on mortgages, auto loans, and credit cards, among others. "They've created a user-friendly website and a streamlined complaint process." But "if you look at a list of things they've done to financial industries, they haven't done that much."

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter