Originally Posted By: Brutal
It's funny because you state something that is completely false and then immediately try to smooth it over by posting a completely irrelevant fact(?). If 70% of American's are OK with gun restrictions (and bear in mind, ANY restriction is a violation of the 2nd amendment) then they have a very clearly laid out course of action for making it so; namely, they can amend the constitution.

Back when the 2nd amendment was written, we were talking about muskets and militias. The best Musketmen could get a shot off every 15 to 20 seconds, in a very labored fashion.

Originally Posted By: 2nd Amendment verbiage
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

With that said, I do not believe the framers intended any of the weapons in the video be in the hands of a private citizen:

With that said, the constitution dos not have a provision for any of the mandates that are being proposed. These would need to be changed to meet the original intent.

The US constitution is not a perfect document, and has to change with the times. And example of this is:

Originally Posted By: The Three-Fifths Compromise is found in Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution:
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

I am sure that none of you would argue that the statement above should be adhered to. (Wait is Ronnie reading this thread [yes])

Like I have said with many common sense statements. There should be a process to license gun ownership. I am sure we all know people that should never be allowed to won a gun.

There is room to compromise here, and I honestly believe as a majority of people in the US do, that there should be some kind of increased controls. On a person level, I am looking in to a 12 guage for home defense as part of my San Andreas fault super earth quake kit. No sense in having 14 days of supplies if someone can come and take them from you. I don't need a 20MM Vulcan Cannon, nor does anyone else.

Is there any common sense left in this country?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter