Originally Posted By: JetStar
No one is trying to take the second amendment away! Background checks are supported by more than 70% of Americans.

It's funny because you state something that is completely false and then immediately try to smooth it over by posting a completely irrelevant fact(?). If 70% of American's are OK with gun restrictions (and bear in mind, ANY restriction is a violation of the 2nd amendment) then they have a very clearly laid out course of action for making it so; namely, they can amend the constitution.

Originally Posted By: Jetstar
Like I have said many many times, it should be as hard as it is to get a drivers license as it is to own a Gun. Why are you guys not upset about drivers licensing. I mean they keep a record one you!

Key difference: Automobile ownership or driving is not a constitutionally protected right. It is a privilege. As I said before, any restriction on gun ownership is a violation of the 2nd amendment, but this doesn't mean I'm full retard. I know good and well that some people absolutely cannot be trusted to own a gun. The restrictions that are already in place are, in my opinion, more than enough. If you want to try to stop killing sprees, taking guns away from sane, law-abiding citizens, or putting restrictions on what guns they can or can't own and how they have to go about getting them, is the wrong answer. How about instead we try focusing all that tax money on earlier detection of mental disorders?

Originally Posted By: sini
So Obama gets equated to Hitler, told that he and his family doesn't deserve protection by secret service and I am the one trolling here?

I am intrigued by your ideas and want to subscribe to your newsletter.

I already very clearly stated that no one here believes Obama to be Hitler in any way shape or form. If you don't believe me, try re-reading my last couple of posts. I'm not going to copy/paste them for you. I also very clearly stated that I was not suggesting that the president or his family did not need protection. All I asked was how is it so bad to suggest armed guards in our schools when his children's school has armed guards. Yes, the first family is special, but so are the children of every other American citizen. Now stop mis-stating and falsely generalizing my comments you pretentious fuck.

edited for content.

Last edited by Brutal; 01/23/13 08:17 PM.