Cmon Sinij . . .

You don't think Obama's signing of his EO's with the kiddies on stage with him was just a wee bit overly dramatic ?

I mean . . . really now. :|

Guess he really wanted to make sure we were " Thinking of the Children "

In other news, a FIFTEEN year old kid in New Mexico kills five with a few flavors of firearms that he isn't even old enough to purchase. I have no idea where / how he obtained them yet. Apparently he planned on going to a Walmart and dying in a police shootout after killing his family.

Now the anti-gun types will simply work the insecurity of the gun storage angle, but I think the more relevant question is what the hell motivates a FIFTEEN year old to do something like this ? I mean damn. Have kids today just lost their f*cking minds or what ?

I grew up in a home full of unsecured firearms of all types. All of them loaded and ready to go. ( Family is LE ) Yet, not once did I ever contemplate loading them up and going to shoot up the school or church or whatever.

Personally, I think we cater to children too much anymore. We do everything we can to boost their self esteem and keep them happy. We don't allow them to fail at anything and, as a result, they have this warped view of how the world is. Understandable for parents to want to protect / shield their kiddos but if you go overboard with it, I think it does more harm than good.

The problem with that is when they finally get exposure to reality, it's the biggest slap in the face they have ever experienced and some just can't handle it.

Last edited by Daye; 01/21/13 09:41 AM.