KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aviendha
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,002,656 Trump card
1,336,691 Picture Thread
476,953 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
This sounds like a Thomas post... it smells like a Thomas post... hmmm but isn't!

I appreciate your no holds bar aproach to telling it how it is wether people want to hear it or not. I was not there this weekend so I can't comment on what went right or wrong.

But, I thought we were suppose to go on the offensive on Saturday. The second we sit back and stop being agressive we lose our edge. Hyperion did the same thing and eventually the enemy will wear you down.

As many of us say and originally coined by Donk... The advantage goes the the attacker all the time.

Nuff said though, we need to pull our pants back up and drop another siege.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Originally Posted By: Thomas
This sounds like a Thomas post... it smells like a Thomas post... hmmm but isn't!

I appreciate your no holds bar aproach to telling it how it is wether people want to hear it or not. I was not there this weekend so I can't comment on what went right or wrong.

But, I thought we were suppose to go on the offensive on Saturday. The second we sit back and stop being agressive we lose our edge. Hyperion did the same thing and eventually the enemy will wear you down.

As many of us say and originally coined by Donk... The advantage goes the the attacker all the time.

Hehe actually we did siege on Saturday and promptly got our asses handed to us. Well, Dusk got their asses handed to them.

Last edited by Kay; 06/08/09 11:21 AM.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Zarad Zhuul
THE FACTS:
1. Frontline battle commanders don't work. They should be surverying the field..rallying troops..relaying commands..etc
2. The Zerg Rush is not going to work against an organized force.
3. We had major communication failures by leadership.
4. We had major communication failures by the grunts(Salochin please stfu next time).
5. We had Zero push on the other forces at Andruk.

Let me speak to this.

1. Frontline battle commanders don't work. They should be surverying the field..rallying troops..relaying commands..etc

The duel vent thing is killing us. Our battle leaders trying to listen to both vents are missing important data on both sides. In the past we had one person dedicated to communication (Hare) and the battle leaders would simply lead on the field. Looking back, I was so frustrated with the delays and lack of response from the alliance, everything could have been much smoother.

In the future, we as leaders, need to take this seriously, and keep the leaders leading in combat.

Sitting across from Donk and watching him trying to convince alliance to do this or that, was very difficult. There were long pauses where folks were asking, "What now" etc. Again, a dedicated communications person could help here.

2. The Zerg Rush is not going to work against an organized force.

If we are reduced to a naked zerg, we should at least stay in organized groups, and focus targets / fire. I think by the time this happened, our will was broken, and we all knew we were going to lose. This is not an excuse, and should have been handled differently.

3. We had major communication failures by leadership.

See item one. In the future, we will have leaders leading on the front, and someone behind doing the communication.

4. We had major communication failures by the grunts.

Lets keep the channels clear, except for needed information, and instructions. Think before you speak, and make sure what you are going to say is relevant.

5. We had Zero push on the other forces at Andruk.

Before you came in, KGB and COTP / BOTS were holding our own against Mercs. Interestingly enough, this was when our leaders were out of the duel vent. It was not until they called in the zerg that we began to fall, and our tactics degenerated from there the more we relied on Alliance. In past victories, it was us acting alone, outside the zerg that we were most effective and successful. Again, front like leaders out of back end communication is the key I believe.

Thanks for the post, and these points will be discussed and solutions implemented where possible.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 7
Band 7
Quick addition to Jet's post.

We, as leadership, were VERY short handed this weekend as well. We are currently working to fill some ranks so this doesn't happen again, but both Hare and Kay were absent for most, if not all, of the siege.

I personally had to leave several times with real-life shit going on and I wasn't even supposed to be in town this weekend.

believe it or not, no one person can handle the job. Donk did a great job with the resources and problems he was handed. I personally think we did a great job in the initial push (when it was just TheMercs vs COTP/KGB in even numbers) but it was because Donk and I were both there in full form and didn't have to coordinate with anyone except COTP, and they had phantoms in our vent channel.

I, and the rest of the leadership team, are currently (and more soon) trying to promote some more leaders to help us fill the voids. This game takes a massive amount of coordination and we didn't have the man-power to pull it off this weekend.

If I had been out of town, you would have had Donk trying to lead the entire alliance by himself...which is a hard job for 3 or 4 of us. Normally I select leaders to coordinate with 2-3 guilds each. CC vent was fucking horrible this weekend on multiple levels.

Former KGB Member
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
donk did amazing I'm sure with everything he had to deal with... I mean it sounds like he had to do almost 75% of all the commanding and that is NO easy task!

All these comments are very good and helpful.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Band 7
Band 7
When I'm there, I like to have Donk focus on relaying orders to KGB..and I handle CC vent (ya...fucked myself on that one..jk...kinda).

When I'm not there..all bets are off. Someone has to deal with the alliance in a military fashion. Donk is getting much better at it, but hasn't had to deal with it as long due to his move to the JetPad.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Maybe getting one vent for these kind of event would be good.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I had fun at the siege sorry we lost.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Thomas

Thanks, but for me, this was definitely not a "no holds bar approach." Any really old friends/acquaintances of mine can tell you that. I've been practicing at being nice for over a year now.

I wasn't there this weekend either, however I have spoken to some personally who were, and it sounds to me that KGB has been focusing far more on Stronghold-building, defense, and crafting than on skill-building, skirmishing, and the training to go with it.

I can only talk so much about it though (and I'm sure someone will quote me on it) because I haven't put even an eighth of the time into Darkfall that I put into AOC. Many already know, and I'm sure are tired of hearing, about my opinion on so-called "melee" in this game...aside from RL circumstances right now, that makes it hard to want to log in.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
S
Band 3
Band 3
S
It's been hard on re-supplying, training and practise skirmishes because we've literally had to fight in large battles a lot. Some ally was always under threat, now that our fortress in the North has been taken I hope it means a slightly quieter period were we can get back to training and getting ready.

come on board for the big win

Inside every Hyperion is a KGB waiting to get out, we are here to help the wesux to get out
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard