KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,006,568 Trump card
1,337,650 Picture Thread
477,265 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Champion
OP Offline
KGB Champion
FOREWORD:
Well..we all know you win some and you lose some. It's how you analyze your mistakes afterwards though that make you better. Although I was reluctant to make this post, as the former GM of Anger Management/The Dark Knights I merged that guild to be here(losing some good players in the process)..so I'm going to make damn sure everything is being said that needs to regardless if that changes some people's view of me.

TIMELINE:
When I was finally able to sit down at the pc during kid's nap time, the city was already being overrun and the bank was in the process of being locked down and cannons were already deployed shooting at the guard tower. So everything I say is in relation to after that point (both in vent and in game).

SATURDAY SEIGE:
Come on guys...WTF were you thinking? Why do the same coward move that Hyperion did? KGB should be better than that...regardless if we lose the city or not. There is no way you can justify this without losing face...period

SUNDAY SEIGE:
Although I personally had some good fights and never lost gear, Our overall attempt at defense was pathetic at best. We were unorganized, unprepared and lacked any signs of a coordinated group effort. The incident at Pain's hamlet where we left darka's group die because we had zero leadership communication was pathetic. We almost had another incident when we ran into the RN group and leadership was unable to quickly give commands to whether to fight or run...luckily in that incident we fought.

SUNDAY NIGHT SEIGE (RUS CORP):
This was a better fight.. not sure if it was due to the fact that Blood just suck, numbers, simpler combat in hamlets, or better leadership. Every KGB member should have been there though..and I know we had others online doing there own thing during this.

THE FACTS:
1. Frontline battle commanders don't work. They should be surverying the field..rallying troops..relaying commands..etc
2. The Zerg Rush is not going to work against an organized force.
3. We had major communication failures by leadership.
4. We had major communication failures by the grunts(Salochin please stfu next time).
5. We had Zero push on the other forces at Andruk.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. Get a Battle/Defense Plan together next time..map out some points of interest..so when you bark out commands people know exactly where your talking about.
2. Split KGB out from the zerg..we get mixed in with all these other fuckers and then have no coordination between the forces or even our own group hardly.
3. Split KGB out from the zerg...seriously..even when we move together..there should only be KGB or same vent channel people in that mass.. the other fuckers can ride 20 feet to our left..at least have some seperation.
4. PRACTICE!!!! We should have had mock seiges against COTP or some other ally way before this shit took place.
5. Don't naked zerg with just one guy... go rally up somewhere..rest up..get 10 others..and do a fuckin coordinated naked zerg.
6. Rally the troops at a POI and get organized before commands are given to push a certain area.
7. If we are fighting against AOE.. then split out with your group and get a coordinated push from multiple sides.
8. Focus fire...
9. Call for melee..and when the call is made..stop ranging our guys in the back.
10. Call for range..and when the call is made..dont run in there like a fukin fool (unless it's tactically planned)
11. Build a line... how many times did you shoot an ally in the back?..or even know what guild you were shooting at?

KGB Champion
KGB Champion
Well thought out post.

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
I have to agree on a lot of points. I think I fought all the evening being alone just surviving so I could solo melee rush some mercs. Having no supply line was a bad thing too : after all your food / reagents is down, it's hard to be efficient.

And for future defensive sieges : don't try to protect, attack is the only solution. 2 or 3 groups doing guerrila fight in the attacked city while the 7 or 8 other get the wagered city or the shard holder.

Edit : the CC should try to pool our AoE mages in specific groups which work together and train at playing coordinated.

Last edited by Arkh; 06/08/09 09:14 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Champion
OP Offline
KGB Champion
Attrition got to me in the end as well.. I had to start battle looting for regs/arrows after about an hour of fighting

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I also agree with this. I'd love for us to have maps of the area we're assaulting or defending with reference information written on them. It would be SO much more efficient to be able to say "focus fire on tower #3" (as labeled on the battle map) than to try to say "the enemy is grouping up in the canon tower, uh, south east, no west by the city gate."

I also think that we should be splitting ourselves into groups in vent that mirror the groups in the game. The commanders should be able to be heard over all the groups, but the group members should only have communication with each other. If that were the case we'd be much more likely to stick together as a group, and to fight more effectively. Hell, it might even be better if the commanders can't be heard by the entire group, but only by the group leader and the leader relays commands as necessary, and can communicate with the commanders. It's fairly east to set vent up to accomodate this tactic and I think it would be incredibly useful.

I would love to see how TM has their communication set up, because the way they move and work together leads me to believe that they are functioning with some similar kind of system.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
R
Ryu
Unregistered
Ryu
Unregistered
R
we have done that b4 kaotic and we used to on a regular basis in other games its all depended on whos leading the faction. it works way better than 100 ppl in the same room. def should make a map and name all the points of interest in our next town.

zarad zhuul you got very good points and its something i was trying to say yesterday during and after the fight.

Band 7
Band 7
I've used different vent rooms on multiple occasions, as you may recall. I wasn't on when the siege started and Donk led most of it as I was behind on information.

The map is a great idea, and I will take it upon myself to get that arranged the next time we own, or have a planned siege on a city.

As far as Tasorin's post, there are some very valid points to alot of that. There's also alot more that we could not control...mainly alliance members. I will elaborate on this and post responses later as my head is readily clouded with works stuff and the amount of demoralizing activity from membership atm.

Former KGB Member
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Little late with input.

But a well thought out post looking from the outside in, since I wasn't there to actually witness this siege.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
we FOUGHT Well i alone sent 8 people to a bindstone and well we needed supplies and couldnt get the bank to get them. either way we were out gunned and that means alot. numbers only help u so much. I vote we move to the chaos stone near oromeas city, its 30sec run on foot to a fully loaded city. tons of resources in the are and it would suit our play style to the t. And theres plenty of hostiles to the north to fight and tons of mob camps and well we havent lived on that side of the world yet and i wanna kill elves~!

Last edited by Lorddarka; 06/08/09 10:28 AM.

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Zarad Zhuul

RECOMMENDATIONS:

4. PRACTICE!!!! We should have had mock seiges against COTP or some other ally way before this shit took place.

I brought this point up a couple times after the first month of release or so - that we should train our people to fight together as a group, by forming teams and testing out various situations & scenarios against our own people, not just at random haphazardous times against the enemy. A troop is much more competent in battle when he/she knows the WHY of what they are doing when following orders. This works specifically well on a kinesthetic level: Once trained in various scenarios, that troop will know the why without having to ask the question, and will have more faith in the leadership. However, after bringing this up, I was apparently ignored.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard