The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Felix Jaegar, Thib KGB, Aristotyle, Frost, Shellseahoth
1,472 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,075
Posts116,211
Members1,472
Most Online228
Dec 19th, 2019
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 3
syev 2
Popular Topics(Views)
1,340,921 Trump card
1,026,988 Picture Thread
358,928 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 122 of 125 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 125
JetStar #146995 10/14/21 06:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,516
Likes: 9
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,516
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by JetStar
There are soooooo many that I am not posting. Please let me know and I am happy to keep going.

I would rather you pick a single issue so we could meaningfully discuss it.


[Linked Image]
Sini #146999 10/15/21 05:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,516
Likes: 9
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,516
Likes: 9
Jet trigger warning: Comparisons to Trump in the linked article.

Washington Post: It’s the 1970s all over again, and Joe Biden is the new Jimmy Carter

Quote
Want proof that the Biden administration is really the second incarnation of the Carter administration? We have runaway inflation, Americans trapped overseas, a member of the first family who tried to do business with Libya and a president begging the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and allies (OPEC Plus) to increase oil production. It’s like the 1970s all over again.

This is the result of deliberate policy choices.

Finally, media starting to address the gorilla in the room.


[Linked Image]
Sini #147003 10/15/21 09:58 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,964
Likes: 39
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
Online
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,964
Likes: 39
Quote
Trump did a much better job on immigration. Or Middle East. Or the economy. Or that he managed to pass tax cuts that were his ligislative priority.

I could not disagree more. Trump laid the track for the disaster in Afghanistan, Biden just ran his train down it. The Middle East is a total mess and saying Trump's foreign policy was terrible is a kind statement. None of this really matters as Trump canceled himself when he tried and is still trying to overthrow a free and fair election. That disqualifies him totally in my opinion and makes him a traitor and guilty of treason. Personally, I think that anyone that supports him or the "Big Lie" is complicit in insurrection and treason.

I have debated this over and over as it was happening and I have no patience or desire to debate you comparing a patriot to a traitor. Please don't consider my lack of response as agreement. I have a faction to run in New World as well as elderly parents to care for. I just don't have time to argue these points for the 34349074532742374th time. The data is there if you choose to look at it. On a personal note, and knowing you for many years, I can't comprehend your support for the worst President in our history. Please keep drilling on Biden as we all should, but the comparison to Trump and his literal insurrection and treason just does not look good on you.

Lastly, I get sick to my stomach when you say that Trump supported the vaccine and give him any credit for helping resolve the crisis. He called it a "HOAX". In my opinion, he has blood on his hands of hundreds of thousands of lives needlessly lost. I'll leave this thread to those that are interested. Good day folks.

Last edited by JetStar; 10/15/21 10:02 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #147004 10/15/21 10:24 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,875
Likes: 10
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,875
Likes: 10
Originally Posted by JetStar
Quote
Now that Biden is in charge and very visibly failing in a lot more ways than Trump's administration ever did, you suddenly producing excuses or worse. Why? Because you are not objective or rational in your approach to politics.
So you are blaming the infrastructure bill on Biden? Do you mean the fact that two Democratic senators refuse to support it is somehow the responsibility of the President?

Well, if you can blame a president for not making some State do something about COVID I guess you can blame anyone at the job for a lot. I'm sure if Trump had made all states to lockdown it would have been touted as "dictatorship level of authorianism".

When you criticized the vote doubt, you sure like to forget 3 years of smear campaign from the media about shit which suddenly was not really there when people had to testify. Easy to quote "sources". Harder when 3 years of wasted FBI work got them nothing.

And if you think vote by mail is a good idea, check how voting works in France and why voting by mail was discontinued. Honestly your voting system reek of third-world country level of vote fraud. The funnier is when the same kind of shit happen in Russian election and people justly criticize Russia but don't make any connexion with 2020.


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
2 members like this: Sini, Wolfgang
Sini #147005 10/15/21 10:42 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,875
Likes: 10
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,875
Likes: 10
Quote
He called it a "HOAX".

And still he formed the White House Coronavirus Task Force 29th January 2020 while the impeachment was being debated. He started closing some flight routes and the response were people calling him racist and people should go and enjoy the festivities in Little China.

He deployed some military medical ships in case they would be needed during March 2020.

Did he prevent any State enacting lockdowns or mask mandate? Not that I know. Did he decide to send COVID patients to nursing homes? Nope, that's Cuomo in NY.

But maybe he got some haircut from a closed salon like Pelosi? Or toured Federal Buildings unmasked the day he signed a mandate for masks like Biden? Or had some diner with friends inside a restaurant like Newsom in California? Or some birthday party with hundreds of unmasked people like Obama? I don't know and I guess it would be hard to criticize. The guy got COVID so he has better antibodies than what the vaccines got me.


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
JetStar #147006 10/15/21 11:05 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,516
Likes: 9
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,516
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by JetStar
On a personal note, and knowing you for many years, I can't comprehend your support for the worst President in our history.

I am not blind to your criticisms of Trump, I was hoping you would go into specifics so I can show you we largely agree on the facts if not interpretations. I am glad you quoted George Conway, because I enjoyed him skewering Trump in most brutal and on-point way. There is no good-faith argument to be had that Trump's personal character makes him fit for presidency. Still, I see Trump as the lesser evil.

I don't think arguing over this worth the cost of personal relationships. Let's try talking about this in a year or so.


[Linked Image]
Sini #147013 10/16/21 09:30 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,964
Likes: 39
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
Online
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,964
Likes: 39
Originally Posted by Sini
Originally Posted by JetStar
On a personal note, and knowing you for many years, I can't comprehend your support for the worst President in our history.

I am not blind to your criticisms of Trump, I was hoping you would go into specifics so I can show you we largely agree on the facts if not interpretations. I am glad you quoted George Conway, because I enjoyed him skewering Trump in most brutal and on-point way. There is no good-faith argument to be had that Trump's personal character makes him fit for presidency. Still, I see Trump as the lesser evil.

I don't think arguing over this worth the cost of personal relationships. Let's try talking about this in a year or so.

Please don't ever think that I judge people personally for their political opinions. I differ with many in KGB much more than you. If anything, they jettison me. I have lost more liberal friends than conservative friends to date so maybe my side is too sensitive.


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
1 member likes this: Sini
Arkh #147014 10/17/21 11:19 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3,168
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3,168
Originally Posted by Arkh
Quote
He called it a "HOAX".

And still he formed the White House Coronavirus Task Force 29th January 2020 while the impeachment was being debated. He started closing some flight routes and the response were people calling him racist and people should go and enjoy the festivities in Little China.

He deployed some military medical ships in case they would be needed during March 2020.

Did he prevent any State enacting lockdowns or mask mandate? Not that I know. Did he decide to send COVID patients to nursing homes? Nope, that's Cuomo in NY.

But maybe he got some haircut from a closed salon like Pelosi? Or toured Federal Buildings unmasked the day he signed a mandate for masks like Biden? Or had some diner with friends inside a restaurant like Newsom in California? Or some birthday party with hundreds of unmasked people like Obama? I don't know and I guess it would be hard to criticize. The guy got COVID so he has better antibodies than what the vaccines got me.
I'm not sure why I've just noticed this, but Arkh. You have a lot of insight being from another country. The mail in vote is nothing but fraud waiting to happen. The left is completely untruthful for the reasons of them wanting to have mail in voting. Where they believe minorities can't either afford or even have access to get an I.D. card. I grew up poor, seen many people poorer than myself in rural Missouri. I have never seen anyone claim they couldn't vote because they were to poor to get an I.D. to vote. This was back in the 80's, nowadays it's so much easier to get help for such things. It's odd the left believes people can't get access to ID's, yet nowadays there's very little you can do without an ID. Voting isn't just a right, but it's an important right that shouldn't have less security than needing an ID to but smokes.

Wolfgang #147015 10/17/21 01:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,652
Likes: 6
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,652
Likes: 6
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Originally Posted by Arkh
Quote
He called it a "HOAX".

And still he formed the White House Coronavirus Task Force 29th January 2020 while the impeachment was being debated. He started closing some flight routes and the response were people calling him racist and people should go and enjoy the festivities in Little China.

He deployed some military medical ships in case they would be needed during March 2020.

Did he prevent any State enacting lockdowns or mask mandate? Not that I know. Did he decide to send COVID patients to nursing homes? Nope, that's Cuomo in NY.

But maybe he got some haircut from a closed salon like Pelosi? Or toured Federal Buildings unmasked the day he signed a mandate for masks like Biden? Or had some diner with friends inside a restaurant like Newsom in California? Or some birthday party with hundreds of unmasked people like Obama? I don't know and I guess it would be hard to criticize. The guy got COVID so he has better antibodies than what the vaccines got me.
I'm not sure why I've just noticed this, but Arkh. You have a lot of insight being from another country. The mail in vote is nothing but fraud waiting to happen. The left is completely untruthful for the reasons of them wanting to have mail in voting. Where they believe minorities can't either afford or even have access to get an I.D. card. I grew up poor, seen many people poorer than myself in rural Missouri. I have never seen anyone claim they couldn't vote because they were to poor to get an I.D. to vote. This was back in the 80's, nowadays it's so much easier to get help for such things. It's odd the left believes people can't get access to ID's, yet nowadays there's very little you can do without an ID. Voting isn't just a right, but it's an important right that shouldn't have less security than needing an ID to but smokes.

The voter ID thing is about intimidation and finding ways to disqualify votes based on typoes and technicalities that arent even often committed by the voter. Oh, you last name on ID is Freeman... but here on this voter roll it was typed out "Fremen" sorry, tossing your vote. And the people being targeted have less ability to work through channels to contest. As for mail in voting, theres been no evidence of fraud, and no reason to think there would be fraud - and even if there were the answer would be additional mail/ballot tracking. Its easy enough in todays world to see exactly where your package or letter is, and where it ends up.

What is real however, is the Trump crowds record of intimidation and harassment against poll workers. Thats actually a thing, unlike mass scale voter fraud. Moving to mail-in ballots is a good counter to that. Ballots are already counter under supervision of multiple observers from all involved parties.

I've seen real voter supression in action, with my own two eyes. I used to live in a high end neighborhood in the heart of Columbus generally referred to as German Village https://www.thefitchlawfirm.com/blog/columbus-ohio-best-and-worst-neighborhoods/ (#2 on list) - and we had a short line to vote, and 3 voting machines. Now, being in the heart of a city it was one of those cases where just a few blocks away there was an enormous income divide (and color divide) where I saw with my own eyes the lines of people waiting to vote that literally streteched around several blocks. They had 1 voting machine to serve far greater numbers of people. It even made local news, which is how I know they had one machine, though I saw the lines myself.

Voter supression is an actual thing that is real, not a hypothetical what-if and the people pushing for more voting restitrictions do so without evidence backing up their case. Which makes it hard for me to believe, all things considerd, that their true motive is anything other than keeping people who they dont want to vote from having their vote counted.

But the right-wing crowd has been detethered from any cogent philosophy for years, and now having deteriorated to the status of personality cultists I suppose they adopt those tactics because using rhetoric to persuade reasonable people no longer seems feasable to them.


For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #147016 10/17/21 02:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,652
Likes: 6
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,652
Likes: 6
Originally Posted by Sini
Originally Posted by JetStar
On a personal note, and knowing you for many years, I can't comprehend your support for the worst President in our history.

I am not blind to your criticisms of Trump, I was hoping you would go into specifics so I can show you we largely agree on the facts if not interpretations. I am glad you quoted George Conway, because I enjoyed him skewering Trump in most brutal and on-point way. There is no good-faith argument to be had that Trump's personal character makes him fit for presidency. Still, I see Trump as the lesser evil.

I don't think arguing over this worth the cost of personal relationships. Let's try talking about this in a year or so.


I find that Trump's disregard for the norms and even principles that underpin civic life and the fact that his following has managed to rationalize destroying the democratic underpinnings of peaceful power transfer as somehow patriotic to be far and away the greatest threat we face as a nation. When you combine the rampant corruption on display during his regime, and the bold-faced politicization of govt, and open favor-seeking, attempts to overturn the election and the spreading of an utterly false narrative of stolen elections that erodes faith in the system, I have come to consider Trump and co as no less of a threat to good governance than any number of pre-dictatorship insurgent groups that have overturned democratic systems across the world.

It can happen here, and the situation is far worse right now than many want to believe.

Not that the blue party isn't also plenty corrupt, but the T-crowd is just so completely shameless that it has become extraordinarily dangerous in that they are unafraid to assault norms and institutions that were actually functioning reasonably well, such as voting itself, simply to achieve their personal ambitions. The T-crowd is unjustifiably assaulting confidence in the very idea that we have a working system capable of facilitating peaceful exercise and allocation of political authority. Without a universal agreement of proceses by which disputes can be arbitrated and policy decided, you cannot have a functioning republic.

The Democrats have often assaulted common sense, decency, and good governance but at least they are not actively working at destorying the foundations of the republic itself. Yet. We might see some from their side if they go and try SCOTUS packing or something, but for now cooler heads seem to be prevailing.


For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 122 of 125 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 125

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5