KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Instrument
There has been alot of talk recently about slowing the combat speed of ships down which should make turrets alot more usable in the future

The combat speeds are roughly halved in the latest evocatti patches, with boosters having a much greater effect. Pretty much they are trying to get a more dogfighting-close feel and not the jousting matches that we currently have. Speeds may go back up slightly, but overall they will be slower, but combat should be alot more visceral and in your face, with boosting becoming alot more tactical.

(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
(GM2) Chief of Staff
KGB Federal Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
shut up selenian................. jk <3

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Polaris on 2nd look doesn't look so bad. The citizencon event was alright. Had a lot of pretty graphics and some future planning of releases. However, overall its still awhile off. With the level of graphics on that planet demo I wonder if that will be limited to an instance of some sort, cause those effects I don't see working with a random group of ppl doing the same mission.

Oh and military ships are on sale again currently. I sacrificed my vanguard to upgrade my Aquila and cutless red to a Gemini and crucible.

Last edited by Zhou; 10/09/16 07:15 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Is there any indication when release might occur?

New ships are fine, but I think it's time to concentrate more on a releasable product.

Last edited by Owain; 10/10/16 06:38 AM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Owain

New ships are fine, but I think it's time to concentrate more on a releasable product.

They have the schedules planned out through 3.2, no hard dates though. I don't expect this game or SQ42 to be out for a full release in 2017.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
they did say that they were wrong to try and get a patch out once a month it is just not possible with all the feedback from the PTO and testers expect to get patches 2-3 months apart below are the next planned patches

KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
so how big is the Polaris

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Owain

Well - this (and others) are not "new ships" they have been part of the game since inception; they are being revealed as they are being designed/developed on the way to a "releasable product".

Star Citizen is in Alpha now - that is its "release" status. Supporters can play NOW and the experience of that environment will be expanding over the next year (just as it has expanded from initial hangar and arena only to add the mini-PU that is currently in Alpha). The roadmap that Instrument posted (thanks by the way) was taken from the slide show of the presentation showing what should be released every 2-3 months in upcoming updates to the Alpha. We should be seeing MORE and MORE combined arms and group interaction activities (mining/fighting/etc) with the upcoming builds.

I know we all want it to be DONE and everything we want in-game; but it will take some time for that to happen. From what I have seen, it looks/sounds like Squadron 42 (first episode) will likely hit us in 2017. Patience grasshopper!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I am still holding out hope that we will get 3.0 before the end of the year
ok 2.6 is not on PTU yet but I dont think 2.6 and 3.0 are that closely related and that CIG are working on the both separately
2.6 is all mainly about getting the FPS bit shorted while 3.0 is about increasing the size of the map

ps is "increasing the size of the map" to much of an understatement for adding planets?

KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
hype time
the weekly summary was a day late
"As for this week's broadcasts, being post-Citizencon, we're doing things a little bit different. Thursday's Around the Verse will be a behind-the-scenes look at the making of CitizenCon weekend, while Friday's Reverse the Verse: Special Edition will be a special treat you won't want to miss. You can catch that going straight to YouTube this week."

Friday's Reverse the Verse: Special Edition will be a special treat you won't want to miss- so any chance this could be the missing SQ42 demo?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard