KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Emperor Offline OP
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
IS KGB-BDO still considered an Open faction or not even so?

If so, what happens to KGB members who deliberately join enemy guilds that attack our current home and allies? I'm not a fan of turncoats.

-Emp

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Maybe it's just me, but I also consider it poor form for KGB Knights to join rival guilds in BDO and then attack the guild that has been announced as the guild used by most KGB members who are remaining in BDO.

Consider our Oath:

As a Citizen of the KGB Nation, my personal integrity is irreproachable. I will never degrade myself by the lying to, cheating of, stealing from, or harming my fellow Citizens or declared Allies. I hold myself personally and unequivocally responsible to ensure the preservation of the honor of the Citizenship and good name of the KGB at all times. I will, to the best of my power, uphold and defend the KGB Constitution while preventing all offences against the persons and properties of the KGB Nation.

Even though BDO is no longer an official KGB faction at this time, being a KGB Knight is not a part time job. I am Owain ab Arawn, forever and always a KGB Knight whether I am in a sanctioned KGB game or not, and I hold with my oath where ever I may be.

I expect the same from my battle brothers and sisters, and I consider it to be a grave breach of individual honor when that oath is not strictly upheld.

I will be bringing this matter before the KGB Senate.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
From General Order 2:

OPEN FACTION

In worlds where the KGB does not have an OFFICIAL FACTION presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB (for instance, you are a member of the XXX organization in a game called Kill Everyone Online, and the KGB is a foe of XXX in another world). If KGB leadership determines there is a conflict of interest, then you would be asked to either leave the other organization, or renounce your KGB citizenship. In worlds that KGB has or had an OFFICIAL FACTION or had a presence, the (GM10) High King / High Queen or (GM5) King / Queen may declare a OFFICIAL FACTION to be OPEN. This releases KGB citizens from the normal requirements of General Order 2 in that game / server, even though there is a KGB presence in that territory. This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared OPEN, subject to the following restrictions:

You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.
You may never use KGB resources (Web, Voice Communications, etc) against the KGB or any KGB member at any time. Such actions will be considered treason and dealt with per the KGB constitution.
KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight. You must forfeit any leadership achieved at the time you join another organization. At any time, you may decide to give up those affiliations and become eligible for leadership and military advancement.

A similiar instance happened In Elder Scrolls online, although it was never intentional- it was just one megaserver that a few others decided to play a different faction on than most of us did, but we ended up bumping into each on opposing sides in the PVP part of the game, which lead to us to end up calling for a closed faction. HOWEVER, guilds work alot differently in ESO, guilds are crossfaction and you can be in up to 5 guilds at once, so we called for a closed faction so we could all at least be under one tag and coordinate where we were pvp'ing essentially, and so we couldn't hinder each others objectives.

My advise would be to nip this in the bud quickly before feeling get hurt.

KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
And the rules for mothballed games where kgb is no longer a guild?

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Anisa,

Don't intentionally or knowingly attack, cause harm, or grief a fellow KGB knight, don't use KGB infrastructure against other knights, don't join other organizations that are odds with KGB in any faction- IE- if KGB is fighting Lotd in Archeage, but you join Lotd in Albion Online for example- thats a conflict of interest.

Pretty simple really- kgb is a family and a community, don't do something to harm the family or anyone in the family.

Last edited by Selenian; 07/24/16 01:27 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
We do not have an official faction active on Black Desert Online. Be that as it may, by our Oath, intentionally attacking other KGB members where they are known to operate, even in a non sanctioned game, seems to me to be a violation of our oath.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Seems pretty straight forward to me - this situation has happened in Darkfall and other games in the past.

Incidently, BDO has not been "mothballed" - it is an "Open Faction", meaning KGB is no longer requiring guild members to be in KGB. That being said we moved over to Lethalty for consistency sake (and due to membership vote). Obviously, this becomes a problem when people leave Lethality (where most of us are at right now) and then join a guild that is actively fighting for the same property. If it were me - I would have "excused" myself from the fight - I will not kill my KGB brothers/sisters regardless if they have a KGB guild or not.

Definitely need to find out how this is being handled by the Senate - thanks Owain.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Why did some of the KGB members leave lethality and join up with another guild? I feel like we are missing some key info here.

King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Selenian
Anisa,

Don't intentionally or knowingly attack, cause harm, or grief a fellow KGB knight, don't use KGB infrastructure against other knights, don't join other organizations that are odds with KGB in any faction- IE- if KGB is fighting Lotd in Archeage, but you join Lotd in Albion Online for example- thats a conflict of interest.

Pretty simple really- kgb is a family and a community, don't do something to harm the family or anyone in the family.

I understand why this rule was created but don't necessarily agree with the black and white way its being applied, especially in a game where we had an official faction that couldn't get off its feet.

For example lets say 8 KGB members ended up joining Lethality and overtime about 4 of them were kicked out of the guild for various reasons. This would mean they have no choice but to seek out other guilds to continue having fun in the game and as long as they dont join rival guilds all should be fine. In a siege / pvp game, there are going to be times when you have no choice but to come into conflict with other guilds. Those other guilds don't know that you are bound to another guilds code so opting out of PVP is going to seem very weird to them. Excluding yourself from critical PVP moments such as node wars and sieges with your guild is going to look bad. Why should they be punished? Why is it that KGB members can't compete against one another but keep it civil? I mean we are family right? sibling rivalries happen all the time.

I think this should be brought up with the senate and this should be an open discussion because this is going to set precedence in the future and its important to let everyone have a chance to speak.

Last edited by Goriom; 07/24/16 02:48 PM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
A situation like this hashappened several times before though. I'm sure those who need to investigate the situation are already involved, as they have been doing this for a while- and have always done excellent job. Competing has always been fine, but non-consensual pvp? I don't think that's ever good, that only leads to infighting, and judging from the OP- it was either confusion on the "offendee's" part or non-consensual.

Last edited by Selenian; 07/24/16 04:19 PM.
Former Member
Former Member
<KGB> is an amazing guild. With a great collection of players.

This is our guild. My guild.

There are people in this guild that I get excited just thinking about playing with.

The Open Faction status in BDO meant that <KGB> members are explicitly allowed to join other guilds. But only if they remain anonymous and not in conflict with the KGB faction.

But that's not even the situation we have now.

As Senator Owain said in his post, there is no longer even an official BDO "open" faction. Or in the words of JetStar in his forum post on the topic, KGB in BDO has been "mothballed".

And now, I would no longer have the option to remain anonymous anyway. Even a name change would allow someone to identify the new player that suddenly showed up on all the same leader boards out of nowhere.

Prior to the start, some <KGB> members openly expressed that they would be playing in other guilds, some on Edan server. They no longer met the anonymous requirement. It didn't seem to be an issue with anyone. No one seemed to care.

Various <KGB> members went to different guilds. Some, prior to the closing of the faction. This was documented by Taxman in an update post.

KGB members are in at least 4 different guilds on Edan, not counting those who never joined the official <KGB> faction.

I asked Taxman and DarkCaesar if they had any contact with them, but it didn't seem like contact had been maintained.

Many then moved to <Lethality>.

After a couple weeks and some Node Wars with <Lethality>, I wasn't feeling great about the guild.

Then they told me that it was forbidden for <Lethality> members to play on certain channels (only after I had been in the guild for over 2 weeks) because they were afraid of being bullied by other guilds.

I decided it wasn't the right guild for me.

When I left <Lethality>, no one from the KGB Leadership Team took the initiative to reach out to me. No one cared.

When I joined <Kyoukai>, I was seen by multiple KGB and Lethality members, I was in the leader boards, it wasn't a secret. No one from KGB said anything to me. No one cared.

I was there for 2 weeks. No one reached out to me. No one cared.

When we were gathering for the fight, both sides were in Velia together. They knew they were going against <Kyoukai>. Silence.

After the fight, no one reached out to me.

The Leadership Team of KGB BDO remained silent.

With <KGB> members spread out among 4+ guilds, it is obvious and inevitable that, in a Guild v. Guild game, players will come into competition with one another.

I never heard that issue raised in the several weeks after the dispersal.

I can understand how it might bother some members to be in competition with other members.

Those other members fought against me and did not hold their fire. I wouldn't expect them to. They fought a good fight and played hard, and had fun.

It is unfortunate that there is an issue. Had <Lethality> won, I wonder if it would have still been a problem?

Or would it have been Good Game, Nice Fight? More likely, it would have been more silence.

Of the <KGB> members spread out among guilds in BDO, is it only the members who are in the guild with the most <KGB> that get to be the aggrieved party?

Or can I be the aggrieved party? After all, they attacked me. They are in a different guild than I am.

If I can recruit other <KGB> members into my guild, is the situation suddenly reversed? Are we now the aggrieved party, and have we been wronged by those dis-honorable bad-doers in <Lethality>?

I certainly don't think so. That's silly.

However, it seems that the ones who are most upset about a single person, in a single guild, in a single fight, are thinking along these lines.

That creates an unhealthy mentality and manufactures completely unnecessary hard feelings.

Even if we still had an Open Faction in BDO, the Bill of Rights and Conduct describes:

Quote:
This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared OPEN, subject to the following restrictions:

You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.

Since everyone involved went intentionally into a PvP event knowing it was a PvP event, "nonconsentual" would be a stretch, to say the least.

And that would be for when we had previously had an Open Faction.

In summary
1.unless there is some serious back-peddling on what has been documented, there is no longer a BDO KGB faction.
2. KGB members are dispersed among multiple guilds in a game based largely around Guild v. Guild conflict.
3. If I violated any rule, so did anyone else in that competition.
4. Let's be friends.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Once we decided that we couldn't proceed with the guild in a game that favors numbers we joined another guild.

The first time I knew Tamlin left was during the node war.

The people who left before and are with other guilds as far as I know are not KGB members and were conscripts.

Tamlin is free to chose who he wants to play with now that we are not active in KGB tags.

This is my opinion. I would prefer to have him with us.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Goriom,, your hypothetical example does not apply. The KGB situation on BDO is recent and well announced. Even if in another guild, intentionally attacking Lethality where known KGB members are active could have easily been avoided. There were many other guilds active in the battle, and one of their bases could have been attacked instead. But instead, the Lethality base was attacked, and KGB Knights killed.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Again, from the KGB Oath...

I will, to the best of my power, uphold and defend the KGB Constitution while preventing all offences against the persons and properties of the KGB Nation.

Since BDO is an Open Faction, yes, there is no restriction against joining a rival guild, but that does not absolve one from the obligation to never commit an offense against a member of the KGB Nation.

Our obligation under our Oath transcends any individual game. When one joins the KGB, one does not join a mere guild in a single game. One joins the community that is the Great KGB Nation.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Emperor Offline OP
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
Tamlin, communication goes both ways. I'm sure most of us didn't know or weren't observant enough to follow where you went to, let alone the reason why you left. I found out after last night's node war personally, after I got killed by your AoE. Did you talk to Taxman, etc. about why you wanted to leave?

Truthfully I'm not disagreeing with the reason why you left (now that I know), but the way you left Lethality brought forth a lot of confusion to us. Also, one of the main reasons I started this thread was to clarify the exact status of KGB in BDO.

EDIT: The guild history page doesn't show you leaving the guild....weird.

-Emp

Last edited by Emperor; 07/24/16 08:20 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The question has been brought before the KGB Senate. Once the matter has been debated and deliberated, no doubt an official announcement will be made. If necessary, the KGB Supreme Court may be brought into the matter. It seems to me that this is a matter that requires clarification.

In service to the High King, long live the KGB.

Last edited by Owain; 07/24/16 08:22 PM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Once we decided that we couldn't proceed with the guild in a game that favors numbers we joined another guild.

The people who left before and are with other guilds as far as I know are not KGB members and were conscripts.

Same here - I had no idea that Tamlin had left, until I was killed by him during the node war.

Out of the folks that left KGB in-game before we moved over to Lethality to bolster our numbers and continue participating in-game, only two were sworn in Knights: Vendrett and Xavious (Alira). Both of which may be leaving KGB entirely, but no confirmation as of yet.

Tamlin is free to chose who he wants to play with now that we are not active in KGB tags.

This is my opinion. I would prefer to have him with us

I agree - totally his choice but I would rather have him with us.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Not one of the KGB members playing BDO was informed he left. KGB members were in shock and didn't understand what was going on during a siege when we kept getting spawned camped by a player with his name repeatedly. After all was said and done we quickly asked and looked for our KGB brothers name in the Lethality guild list and at that time we were informed by other members within Lithality he had left the guild.
Reason we were given by members within Lethality: He was grinding XP/drops on a channel, another guild attacked him, he was asked to switch channels because the channel he was in belonged to a guild that controlled it, he evidently didn't like the reply and dropped guild shortly after.

Tam_Lin sorry I didn't contact you, but to be honest as far as I knew you were still in the guild during the siege,because you tend to keep to yourself, rarely ever communicate with me or others as far as I know and your often out doing your own personal things.
Which is perfectly fine. The least you could have done was informed one of the KGB members of your departure.
Its not fair to say we don't care when we are unaware. As far as I know I had not seen your name during the node war until I was killed by you which left me very confused.

Last edited by Evy; 07/25/16 04:17 AM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member

Helemoto there are several full fledged knights across multiple guilds, there has been since the game launched, more so since the faction started to crumble.

I haven't played this game in along time, so I don't have much in this arguement anyways, but I'd really rather not see some friends leave KGB over something stupid like this. ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!! Just reading over this Lethality guilds requirement- sounds more like a part time job, I can easily understand why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild. Add on top of that the carousel of leadership drama and poor communications since the onset- just a few things I truly hope the senate and supreme court take into serious consideration.

Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight

Helemoto there are several full fledged knights across multiple guilds, there has been since the game launched, more so since the faction started to crumble.

I haven't played this game in along time, so I don't have much in this arguement anyways, but I'd really rather not see some friends leave KGB over something stupid like this. ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!! Just reading over this Lethality guilds requirement- sounds more like a part time job, I can easily understand why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild. Add on top of that the carousel of leadership drama and poor communications since the onset- just a few things I truly hope the senate and supreme court take into serious consideration.

What requirements are you referring to? Personally I haven't encountered any problems within Lethality since joining. I stay actively on TS and bounce around to greet /communicate with everyone in any channel. When we have the majority of the KBG family playing we tend to group up within one of the TS lobbys to chat, socialize and help where its needed.
Lethality has been kind, helpful and social with me so far and has not given me any reason to question how they chose to run their guild.
They have even offered us the opportunity to become officers within their guild. At no time have they made me feel like an outsider, all the opposite. So I don't really understand:

Just reading over this Lethality guilds requirement- sounds more like a part time job, I can easily understand why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild.

They have a main guild for those wanting to take part in pvp /node wars and a sister guild that offers a more relaxed environment for those still lvling/ gearing up. So please explain /clarify what you meant by:

why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild.

They openly gave us the choice of which guild we felt more comfortable joining. Some players are Pvp minded and others are not, this is why they have 2 guilds. Once players within the sister guild feel comfortable with their lvl and gear they can choose to move into the main pvp /node war guild or if they would rather stay in a more relaxed environment which offers less war conflict since they can not be flag /declared war upon until that sister guild acquires a node or opts to declare war against other guilds.

As for the rest:
Add on top of that the carousel of leadership drama and poor communications since the onset- just a few things I truly hope the senate and supreme court take into serious consideration.

I have to agree, the poor communication within KGB has me very concerned.

I decided to join this community because I felt it was a family with out-going / like minded people that wanted to enjoy playing games together when I was playing Archeage.
I can't honestly say its felt that way since we started playing BDO.
There has been a lack of communication among the few that chose to play BDO.
Personally I have as far as I know attempted to keep all lines of communication open, do my best to socialize with all KGB actively playing BDO, but I will not invade their space if they choose to isolate themselves or play however they feel is more enjoyable.
The only thing I would have preferred was being made aware of any choices/decisions they had opted to make instead of it becoming a surprise when it was least expected.

Communication needs to go both ways, we need to be made aware of any changes without expecting others to be held responsible for keeping tabs on what each member chooses to do within BDO.
If someone chooses to do something on their own without informing the rest of the KGB community that is playing BDO, its unfair to say we don't care when their has been a lack of communication, the least Tam-Lin could have done was informed someone of his departure, so that the rest of the KGB family could have been more aware of the situation.
By no means am I against Tam-lins choices, agree he is free to play however he feels is more enjoyable, but a heads up in advance would have been nice and I would rather play with him not against him.

I have sent Tam-Lin an in game message letting him know it doesn't matter what guild he has chosen to join, that I would not directly attack a KGB family member.
I would have preferred for the few KGB members that are playing BDO to have stayed together and would prefer if any other KGB members choose to make changes in the future to make others aware in advance so that we can avoid all this confusion.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The Senate has not yet met concerning this matter, but instead, the High King has contacted me, and this is his will.

According to The KGB Bill of Rights and Code of conduct.

Quote:
General Order 2: "Thou shalt swear faith to no other nation but KGB”

OPEN FACTION

In worlds where the KGB does not have an OFFICIAL FACTION presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB (for instance, you are a member of the XXX organization in a game called Kill Everyone Online, and the KGB is a foe of XXX in another world). If KGB leadership determines there is a conflict of interest, then you would be asked to either leave the other organization, or renounce your KGB citizenship. In worlds that KGB has or had an OFFICIAL FACTION or had a presence, the (GM10) High King / High Queen or (GM5) King / Queen may declare a OFFICIAL FACTION to be OPEN. This releases KGB citizens from the normal requirements of General Order 2 in that game / server, even though there is a KGB presence in that territory. This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared OPEN, subject to the following restrictions:
  • You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.
  • You may never use KGB resources (Web, Voice Communications, etc) against the KGB or any KGB member at any time. Such actions will be considered treason and dealt with per the KGB constitution.
  • KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight. You must forfeit any leadership achieved at the time you join another organization. At any time, you may decide to give up those affiliations and become eligible for leadership and military advancement.

Participation in a BDO node war does NOT mean that the combat is consensual. If you take the field in opposition to another KGB Knight, and engage in combat, you are in violation of the Law.

Given the confusion concerning the Law, no charges will be brought, but future violations WILL BE PROSECUTED.

To avoid future violations, all KGB Knights should strongly consider uniting under a single banner. In this instance, that order is the banner of Lethality until such time High Chancellor Taxman orders differently. If you cannot, you should never take the field against that banner, or you risk violating the Law.

In this instance, I would consider General Order 3.

Quote:
General Order 3: "I will obey the lawful orders of those in leadership positions."

To Tamlin and any other KGB Knight on Black Desert Online currently not under Lethality banner, where do your priorities lie? Is your standing in the Leader Boards more important than your obligation and Oath to the KGB Nation?

Does your standing in the Leader Board have to be made over the bodies of KGB Knights?

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
What gives another person the right to pledge my fealty to a third party? I do not even give my husband of 27 years that right.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Anisa
What gives another person the right to pledge my fealty to a third party? I do not even give my husband of 27 years that right.

Your fealty remains to the KGB, under the command of High Chancellor Taxman. At this time, the KGB under his command operate under the Lethality banner due to the nature of BDO Node Warfare.

I consider the relationship akin to that of the United States Navy and the United States Marines. The Marines operate in association with the Navy, but have their own rank structure, mission, training, and so forth.

In the future, should KGB participation justify the change, KGB forces will operate under the KGB banner, and no doubt will remain allied with Lethality. Until that time, KGB forces should consolidate under the command of Taxman operating under the Lethality banner.

Since BDO is an Open Faction, it is not required, but what IS required is that KGB Knights uphold their obligation under the Law. KGB forces operating under the command of Taxman will follow their orders in accordance with General Order 3. Those in other organizations risk violating the Law if they engage KGB Knights under his command in combat.

The easiest way to avoid violations is to be under the command of High Chancellor Taxman. Otherwise, should you see the Lethality banner on the field, you should immediately disengage.

Last edited by Owain; 07/25/16 07:27 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
but the BDO faction has been mothballed, how has taxman retained his High Chancellorship being in another guild?

3. KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight.

Furthermore since we are applying the rules so black and white, what is the punishment for all the KGB members in lethality going to be?

"In worlds where the KGB does not have an OFFICIAL FACTION presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB"

Last edited by Goriom; 07/25/16 07:35 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Goriom
but the BDO faction has been mothballed, how has taxman retained his High Chancellorship?

That is a misnomer, and an unfortunate misnomer. KGB BDO is an Open Faction. I have posted the rules regarding an Open Faction above.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Owain
but the BDO faction has been mothballed, how has taxman retained his High Chancellorship?

That is a misnomer, and an unfortunate misnomer. KGB BDO is an Open Faction. I have posted the rules regarding an Open Faction above.

regardless, he cannot be a high chancellor

3. KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I suggest you take it up with the High King. Jetstar still considers Taxman to be High Chancellor of the the KGB BDO Open Faction.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Then I shall because this means that leadership is not held to the same set of rules everyone else is. If I need to, I will bring it to the senate, the supreme court, and the High King and Queen.

Or... we can just realize that these rules shouldn't be applied so black and white and I will drop the whole thing.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Again, the relationship with Lethality is one of convenience. They have graciously extended their hospitality to the KGB so that we may remain allied and participate in BDO Node Wars. Regardless, KGB BDO is an Open Faction under the command of High Chancellor Taxman in accordance with the will of the High King, Jetstar deKGB.

As a member of the KGB Senate, I think I can speak with confidence that this is the case.

Last edited by Owain; 07/25/16 07:48 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Mug Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I am with Tamlin here. If the KGB BDO faction has mothballed and members chose to go to other guilds he should have the same right to go to the guild he is comfortable with. Its not like he is PKing anyone out grinding or farming mobs to level. I dint read any reports of him boasting about killing any members or conscripts. Node wars flags every guild red against each other and thats the object of the battle. Thats why we play a Pvp game for the Pvp. Dont get so caught up in Pixel death its not real. Also with people wearing Guile suits concealing their names and guild tags along with Aoe spells you dont even know who your killing at times. I will also guess that no one in Lithality said hold your fire thats Tamlin. Please people enjoy the game and the time and money you have invested.

King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
and as a member of the senate who is actively involved with this issue and cannot be impartial, you will be excluding yourself from any of the senate hearings on these issues, right?

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
and as a member of the senate who is actively involved with this issue and cannot be impartial, you will be excluding yourself from any of the senate hearings on these issues, right?

There is no requirement under KGB law that I do so. I will operate in accordance with my Oath, the KGB Code of Conduct, and the under the provisions of the KGB Constitution, as should all citizens of the KGB.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Mug
I am with Tamlin here. If the KGB BDO faction has mothballed and members chose to go to other guilds he should have the same right to go to the guild he is comfortable with.

KGB BDO has not been mothballed. KGB BDO is an Open Faction, but as posted above, it is still unlawful to attack KGB citizens in an Open Faction.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I believe the best course of action is to recuse yourself from these hearings. It will give people more faith in the system.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I believe the best course of action is to recuse yourself from these hearings. It will give people more faith in the system.

If you believe that any action I take is contrary to either my Oath, the KGB Code of Conduct, or the KGB Constitution, you are free to file a complaint against me. Until then, I will act in accordance with my Oath, the KGB Code of Conduct, and the KGB Constitution, as should all citizens of the KGB.

Last edited by Owain; 07/25/16 08:14 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Being involved in the issue and then getting to rule on it looks pretty bad. I don't care if you can or cannot do your duties, you should recuse yourself simply because you have a vested interest in the outcome and are involved in the issue.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I will not recuse myself because to do so would be a violation of my duties as a KGB Senator.

I have been a KGB Knight for over 15 years, since the early days of UO Siege Perilous. Much of the Law you now see was written with my assistance, much during my tenure as Chief Justice of the KGB Supreme Court. In matters of the Law, I defer to the High King, the KGB Supreme Court, but to few others.

My duty is clear, and I will carry out my duty to the best of my abilities.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former Member
Former Member

Even though BDO is no longer an official KGB faction at this time, being a KGB Knight is not a part time job.

JetStar has communicated in two threads that the BDO faction has been mothballed. One post is right below this one.

http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/137211/1

Inactivating the forum category for BDO is a pretty clear indication.

All of the communication from BDO Leadership to the membership has previously used language that indicates that BDO is no longer a KGB Faction.

I'm sure it will be a lot of "I mispoke".

I'm very sad about these attacks on me. I'm sad about the unfair spin some members are putting in their posts here.

I realize, of course, that I am completely unequipped to combat Owain's backroom politicking. He has found a cause, however unjust, and has doubled-down.

I am not a forum warrior.

I have no experience with playing politics.

I don't expect to win this fight that Owain has manufactured.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Lets all stay calm. We are discussing this, and noone wins. I am reading all threads involved.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I will not recuse myself because to do so would be a violation of my duties as a KGB Senator.

I disagree. I believe recusing yourself is doing your rightful duty as a member of the KGB senate. I am not just picking on you, I would ask that of any senator that has been directly involved in an issue.

I have been a KGB Knight for over 15 years, since the early days of UO Siege Perilous. Much of the Law you now see was written with my assistance, much during my tenure as Chief Justice of the KGB Supreme Court. In matters of the Law, I defer to the High King, the KGB Supreme Court, but to few others.

My duty is clear, and I will carry out my duty to the best of my abilities.

I am grateful that you have helped write the laws in which we follow and I really don't want to get into this whole Living document vs original intent debate but I think its time we update some rules and not be so uncompromising,

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: From General Order 2:

"You may never intentionally attack or assist in any non-consensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.

Why is this statement part of GO#2? It was designed to avoid griefing or unfair PVP vs other KGB guild members. The key word here is "non-consensual".

KGB's definition of harassment should be part of the discussion,

Originally Posted By: General Order #1
What is harassment? It is repeated, intrusive or unwanted acts, words or gestures that are intended to adversely affect the safety, security or privacy of another, regardless of the relationship between the actor and the intended target. Harassment is further defined as "engag(ing) in intentional conduct which the actor [harasser] knows or has reason to know would cause the victim, under the circumstances, to feel frightened, threatened, oppressed, persecuted, or intimidated; and causes this reaction on the part of the victim.

Humor and joking are ok, and you should be sure to let someone know if you are not comfortable. It is no longer considered joking if you are made to feel frightened, threatened, oppressed, persecuted, or intimidated. Make sure you always respect your fellow citizens.

If you feel you have been the victim of harassment, first send a private message to the actor and let them know you were offended. If the behavior continues, file a KGB Supreme Court Conduct report and allow the system to protect you. Retaliation for submitting a Conduct Report will never be tolerated, and may result in dismissal from KGB.

I am reading all threads and will make a fast ruling here as there are a few members on the edge of leaving KGB over this. I have at least 1 resignation pending now. I will rule by EOD today.

Where am I going with this? I am trying to determine consent. Stay tuned.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Tamlin, the decision was made by the High King himself. I merely relayed his will in the matter.

There should be no further debate on the matter now that the High King has made his will known, unless it is debate on amending the Code of Conduct itself.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
@Evy-

These are the requirements copied directly from Lethality's website:

Level & AP/DP
1. Level 55+
2. 280 AP/DP Combined
3. If you're Under 55 you have 1 week to hit 55 when invited.&#8203;
Player Activity
We are looking for players who are Semi Hardcore, and play 20+ hours a week.&#8203;
Play Times
Our Main Playtime hours are 7:00 pm EST too 1:00 am EST&#8203;
Guild Goals
1. Node Wars
2. Castle Sieges&#8203;
Anti PK Guild
We don't PK randomly, If you're caught causing trouble with other guilds, by randomly PK'ing players than you will be removed. The only time you should forcefully slaughter anyone is after you ask them to leave your farming spot.&#8203;
Guild Quests
We have Guild Quest Divisions, you are required to do the Guild Quests on your day. If you're a floater you need to do them when you are on, and they are up. If you miss your day, you should do the next days. During the Weekend We will do Crafting/Gathering Quests that anyone can do. These are easy to do with alts.&#8203;
Weekly Contribution
Goal = 5,000 a Week&#8203;
Call To Arms
If a Call to Arms is called, if you are not currently in a Grind or Scroll Group, you should help out with the Call to Arms, and defend Lethality in PvP. Only The Officers and PvP Officers may call a Call to Arms.

Their "casual" friendly guild, while more lenient, still has pretty strict rules:
At least 12 hours a week + 3000 contribution weekly.

When I played, contribution was very hard for me to get- because of my akward play schedule, makes that guild pretty much a no go off the get go.

Furthermore, when we started BDO (was roughly 45 people at the start) it became very clear that most of the guild, 2/3's or more even wanted to approach the game in a very casual, "second game" fashion. At the same time, there was a smaller minority who wanted a strong hardcore, more pvp centralized game. That minority ended up being more vocal, and really drove several people away (plus typical game burn).

Like I said, alot of miscommuntication all around, not trying to pick fights here- but there are two sides of any arguments here.

I fully back Jet's stance there should be no tolerance to non-consensual pvp, but at the same time- there needs to be a little more understanding for those who aren't in Lethality.

Right now it is very one sided, and there are several questions that should be answered and looked at going forward, not only to resolve this issue- but to prevent it from happening again in the future. Some questions like: how many kgb knights are currently in Lethality? How many knights are still active overall in BDO? What constitutes a faction after mass exodus? Should there be a minimum number of knights required to keep an official faction?

That last question is something I'd really like to see the senate explore, and intend make a formal proposal to the senate in the near future.
&#8203;

Former Member
Former Member
Thanks for the reminder to not lose our cool.

[img]http://imgur.com/a/lmFlG[/img]

Former Member
Former Member
JetStar,

Even though other members of KGB attacked me in a PvP contest, I don't wish to hold that against them.

I wouldn't feel right if they were removed from the KGB due to attacking a fellow KGB member in a game without a faction.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB BDO is an Open Faction, as noted above. Restrictions apply. No charges are being considered for PvP, but future violations will be prosecuted.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I rethought this post (which has now been deleted) and although it would be funny to see what the result of my request would be, I am going to retract it as I think it would only cause more drama.

-Nick

Last edited by Goriom; 07/25/16 11:21 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have seen this show before, hell I think I was in it at one time.

Games are different today than when the laws were written. (yes I know they have been updated but not really)

There is no tactical advantage to be gained from access to the same forums.

KGB is now and has been for many years to spread out across to many games, with too short an attention span.

The way games are played now it’s like call of duty, die, get up, die, no real loss = no real grief.

The days of real commitment and unity of purpose may be gone forever....too many want the best new thing....the holy grail....the perfect game!

....but sooner or later no matter how good of friends you started as… killing each other will results in hard feelings and those feelings will spread to the KGB body and cause fractures that may never be healed or may need to be amputated LOL

That’s it from the peanut gallery

P.S. I still play BDO....I just play unguilded because I can't put in the time like years ago....if you see me don't kill me or I will cry and wet my pants...wait they may already be wet....damn getting old!

Last edited by Banshee; 07/25/16 10:41 AM.
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
This situation uncovers some problems with out system, but I think the "consent" issue is key here.

Please everyone give me the day to get to the bottom of this. There is misunderstanding and frustration from both sides here, and there is a respectful resolution just under the covers in my opinion.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Mug Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Any member of any guild that competes in Nodes Wars is consenting to Pvp. No matter who dies there should be no hard feelings or injustice felt. Its a big part of the games goal to have Node and Regional wars.

Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
@Evy-

These are the requirements copied directly from Lethality's website:

Level & AP/DP
1. Level 55+
2. 280 AP/DP Combined
3. If you're Under 55 you have 1 week to hit 55 when invited.&#8203;
Player Activity
We are looking for players who are Semi Hardcore, and play 20+ hours a week.&#8203;
Play Times
Our Main Playtime hours are 7:00 pm EST too 1:00 am EST&#8203;
Guild Goals
1. Node Wars
2. Castle Sieges&#8203;
Anti PK Guild
We don't PK randomly, If you're caught causing trouble with other guilds, by randomly PK'ing players than you will be removed. The only time you should forcefully slaughter anyone is after you ask them to leave your farming spot.&#8203;
Guild Quests
We have Guild Quest Divisions, you are required to do the Guild Quests on your day. If you're a floater you need to do them when you are on, and they are up. If you miss your day, you should do the next days. During the Weekend We will do Crafting/Gathering Quests that anyone can do. These are easy to do with alts.&#8203;
Weekly Contribution
Goal = 5,000 a Week&#8203;
Call To Arms
If a Call to Arms is called, if you are not currently in a Grind or Scroll Group, you should help out with the Call to Arms, and defend Lethality in PvP. Only The Officers and PvP Officers may call a Call to Arms.

Their "casual" friendly guild, while more lenient, still has pretty strict rules:
At least 12 hours a week + 3000 contribution weekly.

When I played, contribution was very hard for me to get- because of my akward play schedule, makes that guild pretty much a no go off the get go.

Furthermore, when we started BDO (was roughly 45 people at the start) it became very clear that most of the guild, 2/3's or more even wanted to approach the game in a very casual, "second game" fashion. At the same time, there was a smaller minority who wanted a strong hardcore, more pvp centralized game. That minority ended up being more vocal, and really drove several people away (plus typical game burn).

Like I said, alot of miscommuntication all around, not trying to pick fights here- but there are two sides of any arguments here.

I fully back Jet's stance there should be no tolerance to non-consensual pvp, but at the same time- there needs to be a little more understanding for those who aren't in Lethality.

Right now it is very one sided, and there are several questions that should be answered and looked at going forward, not only to resolve this issue- but to prevent it from happening again in the future. Some questions like: how many kgb knights are currently in Lethality? How many knights are still active overall in BDO? What constitutes a faction after mass exodus? Should there be a minimum number of knights required to keep an official faction?

That last question is something I'd really like to see the senate explore, and intend make a formal proposal to the senate in the near future.
&#8203;

Agree those are the main guilds rules for joining, but they were also lenient towards the KBG members that wanted to join the main guild. Plus it really isn't difficult to reach a 250 GS. Most guilds require 350GS or higher, 12000 weekly guild activity, PK/flagging required, some also require you farm specific drops that can take hours/days to drop, because they want every member with jewelry that is at least a Tri or better, add in x5 or more Ancient scrolls daily and everything else that's involved in the game in order to join their guild.
So if you think Lethalitys requirements for a main guild are unreasonable, you might have a heart attack with the requirements main hardcore guilds have in place.

As a matter a fact Lethality just allowed a new member that recently moved to Edans server and he meets none of the guild requirements, but they still allowed him in. So they might have the rules for recruiting purposes, but they are also lenient and give players the opportunity to take part within the main guild too.

They put up guild missions daily, everyone online has the option to partake in whatever guild activity. 5000 activity is basically partaking of 1 or 2 guild missions per week.

The sister guild does not have those requirements in place as of yet. They do however toss up guild activities for any member that wishes to partake.

They have 2 guilds set up for this reason, so that each player can choose where they feel most comfortable.

Compared to some of the other guilds playing on Edan, the requirements set by the main guild aren't unreasonable and it would not surprise me if their requirements went up with all the new content/loot that was recently added.

But enough of what Lethality or any other guild on BDO requires.

The main reason all the active members within KGB decided to join Lethality was because they knew we could not offer content with the few numbers we had representing under the KGB flag.
Everyone actively playing was asked what they wanted , everyone was helped with joining the guild they felt best suited their play time.

As a matter a fact Tam-Lin took part in the officer meeting with Lethality before we decided to join, because he had questions of his own which got answered by the Lethality officers.

Again this is besides the point.

My only concern here is that I was not aware of Tam-Lins decision to leave the guild we all agreed to join, without making any of the active BDO members aware of his decision.

I'm not saying he should have stayed in a guild he isn't happy in, but it would have been nice to know he had left, since he hasn't really chatted or communicated with any of us since we joined.

I'm not mad or out to get Tam-Lin, he seems like a nice guy with the few times I got to hear him speaking on TS. But I can't say I know him personally, because he pretty much stayed to himself.
And I as I said in an earlier post, I won't interfere with how anyone decides to play. I took it he was the quiet type and preferred to do things on his own.
Not saying there is anything wrong with soloing.
I tend to have days where I prefer to just stay quiet and do my own thing too.
But if something upset me, I would have let other KGB members know that I was leaving or the reasons why I left within a day or so. Again this is how I would have personally handled it.

At least now I know Tam-Lin isn't within the same guild and personally. I will not PvP a KGB member no matter what guild they are in.

Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Tamlin
JetStar,

Even though other members of KGB attacked me in a PvP contest, I don't wish to hold that against them.

I wouldn't feel right if they were removed from the KGB due to attacking a fellow KGB member in a game without a faction.

To be honest I had no idea you had left Lethality prior to the node war happening and as far as I know, I never attacked you, but I was repeatedly killed by you as soon as I spawned at our base. Which completely had me confused since I couldn't understand how it was possible for a member to kill another member within the same guild.
As soon as the war was over , I quickly went to check the guild roster and asked the Lethality officers if Tam-Lin had left and they replied with : He left a few days ago when we asked him to change channels because he was getting attacked.

Lethality had an agreement with PRX , that they would stay off said channel in order to avoid conflicts between the guilds.

I never had a chance to attack, since our base was completely flooded with opposing players. I would rezz at our base, cast heals and die in that order, so getting killed and having your name show up most of the time really tossed me for a loop.

That said I don't hold it against you, it was a node war you were on the opposing side. Just wish you would have said something to any of the KBG members that play BDO so we could have opted to remove ourselves from the war to avoid all this drama.

Either way at least now I am aware of the status and I will not PVP against a KGB member in any game.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Okay folks, I am going to put a lock on this discussion.

Way too much negative going on here – I truly respect everyone’s opinion, but if you have issues regarding KGB policy – take it up with the Senate.

Taxman

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard