KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Emperor Offline OP
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
IS KGB-BDO still considered an Open faction or not even so?

If so, what happens to KGB members who deliberately join enemy guilds that attack our current home and allies? I'm not a fan of turncoats.

-Emp

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Maybe it's just me, but I also consider it poor form for KGB Knights to join rival guilds in BDO and then attack the guild that has been announced as the guild used by most KGB members who are remaining in BDO.

Consider our Oath:

As a Citizen of the KGB Nation, my personal integrity is irreproachable. I will never degrade myself by the lying to, cheating of, stealing from, or harming my fellow Citizens or declared Allies. I hold myself personally and unequivocally responsible to ensure the preservation of the honor of the Citizenship and good name of the KGB at all times. I will, to the best of my power, uphold and defend the KGB Constitution while preventing all offences against the persons and properties of the KGB Nation.

Even though BDO is no longer an official KGB faction at this time, being a KGB Knight is not a part time job. I am Owain ab Arawn, forever and always a KGB Knight whether I am in a sanctioned KGB game or not, and I hold with my oath where ever I may be.

I expect the same from my battle brothers and sisters, and I consider it to be a grave breach of individual honor when that oath is not strictly upheld.

I will be bringing this matter before the KGB Senate.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
From General Order 2:

OPEN FACTION

In worlds where the KGB does not have an OFFICIAL FACTION presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB (for instance, you are a member of the XXX organization in a game called Kill Everyone Online, and the KGB is a foe of XXX in another world). If KGB leadership determines there is a conflict of interest, then you would be asked to either leave the other organization, or renounce your KGB citizenship. In worlds that KGB has or had an OFFICIAL FACTION or had a presence, the (GM10) High King / High Queen or (GM5) King / Queen may declare a OFFICIAL FACTION to be OPEN. This releases KGB citizens from the normal requirements of General Order 2 in that game / server, even though there is a KGB presence in that territory. This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared OPEN, subject to the following restrictions:

You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.
You may never use KGB resources (Web, Voice Communications, etc) against the KGB or any KGB member at any time. Such actions will be considered treason and dealt with per the KGB constitution.
KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight. You must forfeit any leadership achieved at the time you join another organization. At any time, you may decide to give up those affiliations and become eligible for leadership and military advancement.

A similiar instance happened In Elder Scrolls online, although it was never intentional- it was just one megaserver that a few others decided to play a different faction on than most of us did, but we ended up bumping into each on opposing sides in the PVP part of the game, which lead to us to end up calling for a closed faction. HOWEVER, guilds work alot differently in ESO, guilds are crossfaction and you can be in up to 5 guilds at once, so we called for a closed faction so we could all at least be under one tag and coordinate where we were pvp'ing essentially, and so we couldn't hinder each others objectives.

My advise would be to nip this in the bud quickly before feeling get hurt.

KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
And the rules for mothballed games where kgb is no longer a guild?

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Anisa,

Don't intentionally or knowingly attack, cause harm, or grief a fellow KGB knight, don't use KGB infrastructure against other knights, don't join other organizations that are odds with KGB in any faction- IE- if KGB is fighting Lotd in Archeage, but you join Lotd in Albion Online for example- thats a conflict of interest.

Pretty simple really- kgb is a family and a community, don't do something to harm the family or anyone in the family.

Last edited by Selenian; 07/24/16 01:27 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
We do not have an official faction active on Black Desert Online. Be that as it may, by our Oath, intentionally attacking other KGB members where they are known to operate, even in a non sanctioned game, seems to me to be a violation of our oath.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Seems pretty straight forward to me - this situation has happened in Darkfall and other games in the past.

Incidently, BDO has not been "mothballed" - it is an "Open Faction", meaning KGB is no longer requiring guild members to be in KGB. That being said we moved over to Lethalty for consistency sake (and due to membership vote). Obviously, this becomes a problem when people leave Lethality (where most of us are at right now) and then join a guild that is actively fighting for the same property. If it were me - I would have "excused" myself from the fight - I will not kill my KGB brothers/sisters regardless if they have a KGB guild or not.

Definitely need to find out how this is being handled by the Senate - thanks Owain.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Why did some of the KGB members leave lethality and join up with another guild? I feel like we are missing some key info here.

King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Selenian
Anisa,

Don't intentionally or knowingly attack, cause harm, or grief a fellow KGB knight, don't use KGB infrastructure against other knights, don't join other organizations that are odds with KGB in any faction- IE- if KGB is fighting Lotd in Archeage, but you join Lotd in Albion Online for example- thats a conflict of interest.

Pretty simple really- kgb is a family and a community, don't do something to harm the family or anyone in the family.

I understand why this rule was created but don't necessarily agree with the black and white way its being applied, especially in a game where we had an official faction that couldn't get off its feet.

For example lets say 8 KGB members ended up joining Lethality and overtime about 4 of them were kicked out of the guild for various reasons. This would mean they have no choice but to seek out other guilds to continue having fun in the game and as long as they dont join rival guilds all should be fine. In a siege / pvp game, there are going to be times when you have no choice but to come into conflict with other guilds. Those other guilds don't know that you are bound to another guilds code so opting out of PVP is going to seem very weird to them. Excluding yourself from critical PVP moments such as node wars and sieges with your guild is going to look bad. Why should they be punished? Why is it that KGB members can't compete against one another but keep it civil? I mean we are family right? sibling rivalries happen all the time.

I think this should be brought up with the senate and this should be an open discussion because this is going to set precedence in the future and its important to let everyone have a chance to speak.

Last edited by Goriom; 07/24/16 02:48 PM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
A situation like this hashappened several times before though. I'm sure those who need to investigate the situation are already involved, as they have been doing this for a while- and have always done excellent job. Competing has always been fine, but non-consensual pvp? I don't think that's ever good, that only leads to infighting, and judging from the OP- it was either confusion on the "offendee's" part or non-consensual.

Last edited by Selenian; 07/24/16 04:19 PM.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard