KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Former Member
Former Member
<KGB> is an amazing guild. With a great collection of players.

This is our guild. My guild.

There are people in this guild that I get excited just thinking about playing with.

The Open Faction status in BDO meant that <KGB> members are explicitly allowed to join other guilds. But only if they remain anonymous and not in conflict with the KGB faction.

But that's not even the situation we have now.

As Senator Owain said in his post, there is no longer even an official BDO "open" faction. Or in the words of JetStar in his forum post on the topic, KGB in BDO has been "mothballed".

And now, I would no longer have the option to remain anonymous anyway. Even a name change would allow someone to identify the new player that suddenly showed up on all the same leader boards out of nowhere.

Prior to the start, some <KGB> members openly expressed that they would be playing in other guilds, some on Edan server. They no longer met the anonymous requirement. It didn't seem to be an issue with anyone. No one seemed to care.

Various <KGB> members went to different guilds. Some, prior to the closing of the faction. This was documented by Taxman in an update post.

KGB members are in at least 4 different guilds on Edan, not counting those who never joined the official <KGB> faction.

I asked Taxman and DarkCaesar if they had any contact with them, but it didn't seem like contact had been maintained.

Many then moved to <Lethality>.

After a couple weeks and some Node Wars with <Lethality>, I wasn't feeling great about the guild.

Then they told me that it was forbidden for <Lethality> members to play on certain channels (only after I had been in the guild for over 2 weeks) because they were afraid of being bullied by other guilds.

I decided it wasn't the right guild for me.

When I left <Lethality>, no one from the KGB Leadership Team took the initiative to reach out to me. No one cared.

When I joined <Kyoukai>, I was seen by multiple KGB and Lethality members, I was in the leader boards, it wasn't a secret. No one from KGB said anything to me. No one cared.

I was there for 2 weeks. No one reached out to me. No one cared.

When we were gathering for the fight, both sides were in Velia together. They knew they were going against <Kyoukai>. Silence.

After the fight, no one reached out to me.

The Leadership Team of KGB BDO remained silent.

With <KGB> members spread out among 4+ guilds, it is obvious and inevitable that, in a Guild v. Guild game, players will come into competition with one another.

I never heard that issue raised in the several weeks after the dispersal.

I can understand how it might bother some members to be in competition with other members.

Those other members fought against me and did not hold their fire. I wouldn't expect them to. They fought a good fight and played hard, and had fun.

It is unfortunate that there is an issue. Had <Lethality> won, I wonder if it would have still been a problem?

Or would it have been Good Game, Nice Fight? More likely, it would have been more silence.

Of the <KGB> members spread out among guilds in BDO, is it only the members who are in the guild with the most <KGB> that get to be the aggrieved party?

Or can I be the aggrieved party? After all, they attacked me. They are in a different guild than I am.

If I can recruit other <KGB> members into my guild, is the situation suddenly reversed? Are we now the aggrieved party, and have we been wronged by those dis-honorable bad-doers in <Lethality>?

I certainly don't think so. That's silly.

However, it seems that the ones who are most upset about a single person, in a single guild, in a single fight, are thinking along these lines.

That creates an unhealthy mentality and manufactures completely unnecessary hard feelings.

Even if we still had an Open Faction in BDO, the Bill of Rights and Conduct describes:

Quote:
This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared OPEN, subject to the following restrictions:

You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.

Since everyone involved went intentionally into a PvP event knowing it was a PvP event, "nonconsentual" would be a stretch, to say the least.

And that would be for when we had previously had an Open Faction.

In summary
1.unless there is some serious back-peddling on what has been documented, there is no longer a BDO KGB faction.
2. KGB members are dispersed among multiple guilds in a game based largely around Guild v. Guild conflict.
3. If I violated any rule, so did anyone else in that competition.
4. Let's be friends.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Once we decided that we couldn't proceed with the guild in a game that favors numbers we joined another guild.

The first time I knew Tamlin left was during the node war.

The people who left before and are with other guilds as far as I know are not KGB members and were conscripts.

Tamlin is free to chose who he wants to play with now that we are not active in KGB tags.

This is my opinion. I would prefer to have him with us.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Goriom,, your hypothetical example does not apply. The KGB situation on BDO is recent and well announced. Even if in another guild, intentionally attacking Lethality where known KGB members are active could have easily been avoided. There were many other guilds active in the battle, and one of their bases could have been attacked instead. But instead, the Lethality base was attacked, and KGB Knights killed.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Again, from the KGB Oath...

I will, to the best of my power, uphold and defend the KGB Constitution while preventing all offences against the persons and properties of the KGB Nation.

Since BDO is an Open Faction, yes, there is no restriction against joining a rival guild, but that does not absolve one from the obligation to never commit an offense against a member of the KGB Nation.

Our obligation under our Oath transcends any individual game. When one joins the KGB, one does not join a mere guild in a single game. One joins the community that is the Great KGB Nation.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Emperor Offline OP
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
Tamlin, communication goes both ways. I'm sure most of us didn't know or weren't observant enough to follow where you went to, let alone the reason why you left. I found out after last night's node war personally, after I got killed by your AoE. Did you talk to Taxman, etc. about why you wanted to leave?

Truthfully I'm not disagreeing with the reason why you left (now that I know), but the way you left Lethality brought forth a lot of confusion to us. Also, one of the main reasons I started this thread was to clarify the exact status of KGB in BDO.

EDIT: The guild history page doesn't show you leaving the guild....weird.

-Emp

Last edited by Emperor; 07/24/16 08:20 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The question has been brought before the KGB Senate. Once the matter has been debated and deliberated, no doubt an official announcement will be made. If necessary, the KGB Supreme Court may be brought into the matter. It seems to me that this is a matter that requires clarification.

In service to the High King, long live the KGB.

Last edited by Owain; 07/24/16 08:22 PM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Once we decided that we couldn't proceed with the guild in a game that favors numbers we joined another guild.

The people who left before and are with other guilds as far as I know are not KGB members and were conscripts.

Same here - I had no idea that Tamlin had left, until I was killed by him during the node war.

Out of the folks that left KGB in-game before we moved over to Lethality to bolster our numbers and continue participating in-game, only two were sworn in Knights: Vendrett and Xavious (Alira). Both of which may be leaving KGB entirely, but no confirmation as of yet.

Tamlin is free to chose who he wants to play with now that we are not active in KGB tags.

This is my opinion. I would prefer to have him with us

I agree - totally his choice but I would rather have him with us.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Not one of the KGB members playing BDO was informed he left. KGB members were in shock and didn't understand what was going on during a siege when we kept getting spawned camped by a player with his name repeatedly. After all was said and done we quickly asked and looked for our KGB brothers name in the Lethality guild list and at that time we were informed by other members within Lithality he had left the guild.
Reason we were given by members within Lethality: He was grinding XP/drops on a channel, another guild attacked him, he was asked to switch channels because the channel he was in belonged to a guild that controlled it, he evidently didn't like the reply and dropped guild shortly after.

Tam_Lin sorry I didn't contact you, but to be honest as far as I knew you were still in the guild during the siege,because you tend to keep to yourself, rarely ever communicate with me or others as far as I know and your often out doing your own personal things.
Which is perfectly fine. The least you could have done was informed one of the KGB members of your departure.
Its not fair to say we don't care when we are unaware. As far as I know I had not seen your name during the node war until I was killed by you which left me very confused.

Last edited by Evy; 07/25/16 04:17 AM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member

Helemoto there are several full fledged knights across multiple guilds, there has been since the game launched, more so since the faction started to crumble.

I haven't played this game in along time, so I don't have much in this arguement anyways, but I'd really rather not see some friends leave KGB over something stupid like this. ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!! Just reading over this Lethality guilds requirement- sounds more like a part time job, I can easily understand why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild. Add on top of that the carousel of leadership drama and poor communications since the onset- just a few things I truly hope the senate and supreme court take into serious consideration.

Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Selenian

Helemoto there are several full fledged knights across multiple guilds, there has been since the game launched, more so since the faction started to crumble.

I haven't played this game in along time, so I don't have much in this arguement anyways, but I'd really rather not see some friends leave KGB over something stupid like this. ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!! Just reading over this Lethality guilds requirement- sounds more like a part time job, I can easily understand why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild. Add on top of that the carousel of leadership drama and poor communications since the onset- just a few things I truly hope the senate and supreme court take into serious consideration.

What requirements are you referring to? Personally I haven't encountered any problems within Lethality since joining. I stay actively on TS and bounce around to greet /communicate with everyone in any channel. When we have the majority of the KBG family playing we tend to group up within one of the TS lobbys to chat, socialize and help where its needed.
Lethality has been kind, helpful and social with me so far and has not given me any reason to question how they chose to run their guild.
They have even offered us the opportunity to become officers within their guild. At no time have they made me feel like an outsider, all the opposite. So I don't really understand:

Just reading over this Lethality guilds requirement- sounds more like a part time job, I can easily understand why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild.

They have a main guild for those wanting to take part in pvp /node wars and a sister guild that offers a more relaxed environment for those still lvling/ gearing up. So please explain /clarify what you meant by:

why alot of people would not want to be a part of that guild.

They openly gave us the choice of which guild we felt more comfortable joining. Some players are Pvp minded and others are not, this is why they have 2 guilds. Once players within the sister guild feel comfortable with their lvl and gear they can choose to move into the main pvp /node war guild or if they would rather stay in a more relaxed environment which offers less war conflict since they can not be flag /declared war upon until that sister guild acquires a node or opts to declare war against other guilds.

As for the rest:
Add on top of that the carousel of leadership drama and poor communications since the onset- just a few things I truly hope the senate and supreme court take into serious consideration.

I have to agree, the poor communication within KGB has me very concerned.

I decided to join this community because I felt it was a family with out-going / like minded people that wanted to enjoy playing games together when I was playing Archeage.
I can't honestly say its felt that way since we started playing BDO.
There has been a lack of communication among the few that chose to play BDO.
Personally I have as far as I know attempted to keep all lines of communication open, do my best to socialize with all KGB actively playing BDO, but I will not invade their space if they choose to isolate themselves or play however they feel is more enjoyable.
The only thing I would have preferred was being made aware of any choices/decisions they had opted to make instead of it becoming a surprise when it was least expected.

Communication needs to go both ways, we need to be made aware of any changes without expecting others to be held responsible for keeping tabs on what each member chooses to do within BDO.
If someone chooses to do something on their own without informing the rest of the KGB community that is playing BDO, its unfair to say we don't care when their has been a lack of communication, the least Tam-Lin could have done was informed someone of his departure, so that the rest of the KGB family could have been more aware of the situation.
By no means am I against Tam-lins choices, agree he is free to play however he feels is more enjoyable, but a heads up in advance would have been nice and I would rather play with him not against him.

I have sent Tam-Lin an in game message letting him know it doesn't matter what guild he has chosen to join, that I would not directly attack a KGB family member.
I would have preferred for the few KGB members that are playing BDO to have stayed together and would prefer if any other KGB members choose to make changes in the future to make others aware in advance so that we can avoid all this confusion.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard