KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: From General Order 2:

"You may never intentionally attack or assist in any non-consensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.

Why is this statement part of GO#2? It was designed to avoid griefing or unfair PVP vs other KGB guild members. The key word here is "non-consensual".

KGB's definition of harassment should be part of the discussion,

Originally Posted By: General Order #1
What is harassment? It is repeated, intrusive or unwanted acts, words or gestures that are intended to adversely affect the safety, security or privacy of another, regardless of the relationship between the actor and the intended target. Harassment is further defined as "engag(ing) in intentional conduct which the actor [harasser] knows or has reason to know would cause the victim, under the circumstances, to feel frightened, threatened, oppressed, persecuted, or intimidated; and causes this reaction on the part of the victim.

Humor and joking are ok, and you should be sure to let someone know if you are not comfortable. It is no longer considered joking if you are made to feel frightened, threatened, oppressed, persecuted, or intimidated. Make sure you always respect your fellow citizens.

If you feel you have been the victim of harassment, first send a private message to the actor and let them know you were offended. If the behavior continues, file a KGB Supreme Court Conduct report and allow the system to protect you. Retaliation for submitting a Conduct Report will never be tolerated, and may result in dismissal from KGB.

I am reading all threads and will make a fast ruling here as there are a few members on the edge of leaving KGB over this. I have at least 1 resignation pending now. I will rule by EOD today.

Where am I going with this? I am trying to determine consent. Stay tuned.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Tamlin, the decision was made by the High King himself. I merely relayed his will in the matter.

There should be no further debate on the matter now that the High King has made his will known, unless it is debate on amending the Code of Conduct itself.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
@Evy-

These are the requirements copied directly from Lethality's website:

Level & AP/DP
1. Level 55+
2. 280 AP/DP Combined
3. If you're Under 55 you have 1 week to hit 55 when invited.​
Player Activity
We are looking for players who are Semi Hardcore, and play 20+ hours a week.​
Play Times
Our Main Playtime hours are 7:00 pm EST too 1:00 am EST​
Guild Goals
1. Node Wars
2. Castle Sieges​
Anti PK Guild
We don't PK randomly, If you're caught causing trouble with other guilds, by randomly PK'ing players than you will be removed. The only time you should forcefully slaughter anyone is after you ask them to leave your farming spot.​
Guild Quests
We have Guild Quest Divisions, you are required to do the Guild Quests on your day. If you're a floater you need to do them when you are on, and they are up. If you miss your day, you should do the next days. During the Weekend We will do Crafting/Gathering Quests that anyone can do. These are easy to do with alts.​
Weekly Contribution
Goal = 5,000 a Week​
Call To Arms
If a Call to Arms is called, if you are not currently in a Grind or Scroll Group, you should help out with the Call to Arms, and defend Lethality in PvP. Only The Officers and PvP Officers may call a Call to Arms.

Their "casual" friendly guild, while more lenient, still has pretty strict rules:
At least 12 hours a week + 3000 contribution weekly.

When I played, contribution was very hard for me to get- because of my akward play schedule, makes that guild pretty much a no go off the get go.

Furthermore, when we started BDO (was roughly 45 people at the start) it became very clear that most of the guild, 2/3's or more even wanted to approach the game in a very casual, "second game" fashion. At the same time, there was a smaller minority who wanted a strong hardcore, more pvp centralized game. That minority ended up being more vocal, and really drove several people away (plus typical game burn).

Like I said, alot of miscommuntication all around, not trying to pick fights here- but there are two sides of any arguments here.

I fully back Jet's stance there should be no tolerance to non-consensual pvp, but at the same time- there needs to be a little more understanding for those who aren't in Lethality.

Right now it is very one sided, and there are several questions that should be answered and looked at going forward, not only to resolve this issue- but to prevent it from happening again in the future. Some questions like: how many kgb knights are currently in Lethality? How many knights are still active overall in BDO? What constitutes a faction after mass exodus? Should there be a minimum number of knights required to keep an official faction?

That last question is something I'd really like to see the senate explore, and intend make a formal proposal to the senate in the near future.
​

Former Member
Former Member
Thanks for the reminder to not lose our cool.

[img]http://imgur.com/a/lmFlG[/img]

Former Member
Former Member
JetStar,

Even though other members of KGB attacked me in a PvP contest, I don't wish to hold that against them.

I wouldn't feel right if they were removed from the KGB due to attacking a fellow KGB member in a game without a faction.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB BDO is an Open Faction, as noted above. Restrictions apply. No charges are being considered for PvP, but future violations will be prosecuted.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I rethought this post (which has now been deleted) and although it would be funny to see what the result of my request would be, I am going to retract it as I think it would only cause more drama.

-Nick

Last edited by Goriom; 07/25/16 11:21 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have seen this show before, hell I think I was in it at one time.

Games are different today than when the laws were written. (yes I know they have been updated but not really)

There is no tactical advantage to be gained from access to the same forums.

KGB is now and has been for many years to spread out across to many games, with too short an attention span.

The way games are played now it’s like call of duty, die, get up, die, no real loss = no real grief.

The days of real commitment and unity of purpose may be gone forever....too many want the best new thing....the holy grail....the perfect game!

....but sooner or later no matter how good of friends you started as… killing each other will results in hard feelings and those feelings will spread to the KGB body and cause fractures that may never be healed or may need to be amputated LOL

That’s it from the peanut gallery

P.S. I still play BDO....I just play unguilded because I can't put in the time like years ago....if you see me don't kill me or I will cry and wet my pants...wait they may already be wet....damn getting old!

Last edited by Banshee; 07/25/16 10:41 AM.
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
This situation uncovers some problems with out system, but I think the "consent" issue is key here.

Please everyone give me the day to get to the bottom of this. There is misunderstanding and frustration from both sides here, and there is a respectful resolution just under the covers in my opinion.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Mug Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Any member of any guild that competes in Nodes Wars is consenting to Pvp. No matter who dies there should be no hard feelings or injustice felt. Its a big part of the games goal to have Node and Regional wars.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard