KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
is there at KGB pal pay account?

(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Use to be instrument but our TS license required to remove it. Best bet is probably to gift SOTA store credit chips in the ad don store to jets KGB account, if we're set on grabbing a town.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I just don't trust Richard anymore. He is even more batty then he was in the 90's. After Star Citizen, I put my foot down about "Pre-Funding" titles before they even have anything to show. One of the things that worries me about both SC and SotA is that both of these Game Studios heads have shown an amazing talent of enriching there own lives through there projects. Right now, CR is living the dream with our money and is so deep in the hole on promises he will have to deliver the best Space Sim MMO ever to even come close to meeting the promises he made. At least with SotA, Richard has learned that over promising will lead to significant let down over time and SotA doesn't have the raw number of people backing it to afford people walking away from the project.

The "Twitch Effect" isn't helping either of these games. The short term ADHD effect of current main stream gamers who flutter from new title to new title and grind through the content in the first week to two weeks and then move on is at a frenzy. This reality is further enforced with the over popularization of streaming and those streamers continually only playing the newest games in order to generate viewer ship and the whoring of those titles in give aways as product placement by the companies making said title.

The only real saving grace anymore for longevity of a title is a pseudo e-sport functionality and something that placates to short attention spans and limited in-game time. The reality is no one cares about killing rabbits and turning them in. The "Level Grind" is a significant deterrent anymore to even playing a game. The reality is, developers are learning that no one wants to level to get to the PvP or end content. Make your game about PvP or the End Content and get rid of all the pre-leveling to get to that point.

In short, I am on the fence about SotA until I have any degree of confidence that this project isn't going to crash and burn or just truly suck balls and be another grinder.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I just don't trust Richard anymore. He is even more batty then he was in the 90's. After Star Citizen, I put my foot down about "Pre-Funding" titles before they even have anything to show. One of the things that worries me about both SC and SotA is that both of these Game Studios heads have shown an amazing talent of enriching there own lives through there projects. Right now, CR is living the dream with our money and is so deep in the hole on promises he will have to deliver the best Space Sim MMO ever to even come close to meeting the promises he made. At least with SotA, Richard has learned that over promising will lead to significant let down over time and SotA doesn't have the raw number of people backing it to afford people walking away from the project.

The "Twitch Effect" isn't helping either of these games. The short term ADHD effect of current main stream gamers who flutter from new title to new title and grind through the content in the first week to two weeks and then move on is at a frenzy. This reality is further enforced with the over popularization of streaming and those streamers continually only playing the newest games in order to generate viewer ship and the whoring of those titles in give aways as product placement by the companies making said title.

The only real saving grace anymore for longevity of a title is a pseudo e-sport functionality and something that placates to short attention spans and limited in-game time. The reality is no one cares about killing rabbits and turning them in. The "Level Grind" is a significant deterrent anymore to even playing a game. The reality is, developers are learning that no one wants to level to get to the PvP or end content. Make your game about PvP or the End Content and get rid of all the pre-leveling to get to that point.

In short, I am on the fence about SotA until I have any degree of confidence that this project isn't going to crash and burn or just truly suck balls and be another grinder.

This.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Instrument
is there at KGB pal pay account?

http://w3.the-kgb.com/index/donate.htm

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Same

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
For those still on the fence or just wanting to see the progress of the game production I stream the events they usually do.

Zhou takes me around and shows everything and then I spend time engineering builds.

I'll try to give advance notice of the next time.

Now back to attempting to whore myself out to local refineries.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
For those still on the fence or just wanting to see the progress of the game production I stream the events they usually do.

Zhou takes me around and shows everything and then I spend time engineering builds.

I'll try to give advance notice of the next time.

Now back to attempting to whore myself out to local refineries.

End of July Release 8 advance notice Donk, PVP will start.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
$$ UPDATE

We are up to $1000 donated with mine included. I am waiting to hear if the other contributor wants it public.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Nice! I'll send my share shortly.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/01/14 02:04 PM.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard