KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
donk

if you played or had any clue what your talking about it would be one thing but from your post you absolutely do not do either

your posts here always negative , always treats us like fools who dont know any better or how you could do much better
its insulting man last i checked a lot of us played the original a hell of a lot longer than you
to talk to us like ignorant fools that dont know what the games about is a straight up insult.

play the beta learn something you might like it and you deffinitly wont look like an ass when you post and dont know wtf your talking about

last i checked i remember what df is all about thanks tho

casters atm by far the easiest class to kill cuz armor is so radically imbalanced without a defence skill.

we knew they would attack thru the water way noone has the stuff to make hammers or battlespikes in sufficient numbers anyhow

we did not take a hamlet to give a care or keep it we took it cuz it was easy when they where wiping ever other day and i built it with duped stuff to test the towers ect
the entire hamlet was built i honestly expected to get sieged

if you want to play thats one thing but wtf come on already
whos side are you on?
come play with us!

KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
Only kill I got was a Mage. Couldn't get the gank though. Did basically no damage to plate though. If they didn't heal or have regain might only take 50 swings.

Last edited by Bandit; 01/03/13 06:19 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Ubers lesson learned: Roll a warrior and wear plate.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
u do know the people sieging u duped everything they used i mean they had everything they could make and duped it multiple times for the siege. anyways i was trying to get in the rock prior to the siege the one that was by the zombie camp i couldnt get in it. but i did manage to get into a few others including the mine we had at the hamlet. anyways heh same ole bugs in the game. but i agree with donk fuck a city/hamlet with the world being so small just focus on building ur toons. no one in kgb wants to build another city. lets try and get lucky and get a few houses hopefully the people who get them in the guild arent greedy and share with others. anyways we will see the game runs much better on my desktop and from what ive seen the physics behind a mage/ jump shooter might be the way to go on in pvp i need to test the mechanics on one of our better pvpers to see how it works out.

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
not taking a holding on launch had been decided
we are in beta hence why i choose to test cities and it went very well
built the entire thing and hosted the 1st siege of the game which showed a lot about how sieging works now as well as that the siege system actually works
noone intended to build anything from the get go
we assumed they would wip the next day but it went a week next wipe i will test other things but i deffinitly got a good test out of this run with the holding it was absolutely not a waste of time in any way shape or form

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Is it frustrating playing BETA? YES! But that's the thing with any BETA it's going to be screwed up. If you go into a BETA expecting it to be running as a normal game then you are setting unrealistic expectations. We submit suggestions in the forum, they also have a submission form when you crash that basically asks what you were doing at the time of the crash that will hopefully help making a stable game when it does go live.

There are many things they could put in & take out of the game that would make it better. Same could be said with just about every other game out there. If they added a few things from CRPG and the siege weapons from GW2 this would be a really good start. Trebuchets & Catapults would be awesome in darkfall.
Remember this is only...
BETA

P.S.
We didn't take the Hamlet because we were going to cry over losing it. We took it to see how the mechanics worked, if PAX wants to gloat over beating us well bravo for him. Some of us have a job and don't live in our mom's basement playing games 24/7. This is beta, it's about testing things out. We had a good Idea we would have to fight for it, though it was more about seeing what we had to do to take one since they've added dominion and prowess to the mix. Honestly I figured the server would be wiped before anyone had the ability to siege.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 01/03/13 05:33 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I don’t really care about losing things in beta, but admit two things discouraged me is that the casters have always been the weaker play style (I know there are individual exceptions) and the fps. If I had an insta one shot kill staff I doubt I could have killed anybody. The last time I died I was dead before I could see their names or was able to run, don’t think I got one spell off. It’s frustrating when I have a high end machine and get 28 mg down/1.5 up and I don’t have lag problems with other games.

As far as losing the hamlet, meh, it could be expected. Same old play book… There may have been more scrouchers than we had combatants. Our only hope was scrouchers interfering with the attackers long enough for us to magically take out their stone. This is why I was preaching we needed friends, I think the mob mentally ruins mmo’s but here we are. Field 75 peeps or live in safe zones.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood
I don’t really care about losing things in beta, but admit two things discouraged me is that the casters have always been the weaker play style (I know there are individual exceptions) and the fps. If I had an insta one shot kill staff I doubt I could have killed anybody. The last time I died I was dead before I could see their names or was able to run, don’t think I got one spell off. It’s frustrating when I have a high end machine and get 28 mg down/1.5 up and I don’t have lag problems with other games.

As far as losing the hamlet, meh, it could be expected. Same old play book… There may have been more scrouchers than we had combatants. Our only hope was scrouchers interfering with the attackers long enough for us to magically take out their stone. This is why I was preaching we needed friends, I think the mob mentally ruins mmo’s but here we are. Field 75 peeps or live in safe zones.

High end machines help, but in BETA even good machines can't escape lag and performance issues. Before my GTX680 died I was getting over 100 FPS most days, then there would be a day that I wouldn't get over 60-70, and a couple times I was in the 20's for FPS.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
anyone who is not PLAYING in the beta should keep their CRITCISMS to themselves. Donk you have crossed the line on this board. I am in total agreement with all of your points- i have made the same myself. Morlander has weighted all the input and guess what- thats the plan!

we are testing shit in beta. we learned more from that siege than we coukd have learned by reading about it. everyone on the server is sieging all they can to test the mechanics. its beta.

i would love to see lots of KGB in the game, in vent because i know people have good ideas. im not convinced we have fully tested ranged, especially with skirmishers, but a warrior in plate has ridiculous damage mitigation. people with r0 weapons can beat on his back and he will take almost no damage. its not like df1 at all in this respect. mages at high skill levels have not been developed yet anywhere on the server tmk. if they have no one is posting. knockups for mages are gone. bubbles and come hither are gone. mages alone do not have a sprint, their reflect spell does not mitigate damage, and their hp pool is HALF that of a warrior.

i also want to point out that there were 3 KGB in the hamlet during the push on the stones. i dont know what was said, but the attempt on the stone was a push from a safezone, not from a hamlet; ie from the opposite direction.

what the enemy did was secure the stone, then summon in a guy with the boats. done.

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
its beta the problem with the game is IT DONT HAVE ANY FUCKING CONTENT. heh thats all i can say i love pvp but if i wanna kill people all day ill play halo or something.

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard