KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i think jets right honestly
in a perfect world id prefer to go in alliance free and do nothing but skill up and recruit and attempt to bring our other long time kgb members back into the game preferaly ammasing a nice and skilled force and then choose a alliance to get ourselves the property of our choice(andruk ftw) but thats not likely to be how things play out
fact is we will probl need to get out away from npc cities to make any kinds of strides forward and without chaos cities that implies a city or hamlet to live in and possibly allies to help defend against invaders.
THE POST BELOW MINE KICKS ASS

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I too would rather go alliance free, but unfortunately that is unrealistic in today’s gaming environment, I will spare you the rant of how that in my opinion is in large part what destroys gaming, no more me and one other standing in destard waiting for reds to show up… you need the numbers or a ncp town to hide in shame in.

Keeping one comms is great and I am for that but it is unrealistic for us to think that our .001 percent of active members in vent will keep people in our vent. I have seen us with 60 people in vent/mumble and me the only KGB. History has proved that even when we could provide the service it is the people who fielded the numbers who's com programs the alliance went to.

I too was reluctant to go from vent to mumble… but the difference blew my mind. No more one guy getting on 2000% louder than the next…… in vent many people I had to adjust each time they logged in even if in the middle of battle. We have to adapt to the times.

OTG has expressed much interest in friendship with KGB in df2, even members of OTG that have given up on df1 have logged in just to reach out to KGB to see our intent in df2. (Who we have been allied with for years? now for those of you that have not around) I expressed our desire to remain friends. There are others like S&D that we have meaning to too. Living alone out of a chaos city didn't seem to work out too well for us in the past. OTG has passed up alliance invites because KGB refused to be adsorbed when we didn't have the numbers (even though OTG could field between 30-50 peeps). I think they have already proved their friendship and have earned mine if not KGB's respect. I think we would be foolish and it would reflect badly upon us if we did not offer our hand to OTG at least. It was in no small part that KGB was able to fly our flag to the end because if their love.

KGB strength in an alliance directly comes from the value we provide be it the number of people we can field in battle or whatever, KGB’s strength. IMHO that is what we need to focus on.. whose/what com program… meh… Let’s focus on getting our shit together, if we do we can, we can call the shots, if not we don’t deserve to. Our goals have to be in line with our capabilities.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 11/21/12 11:50 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Ismash is all righ, you guys need to read the last blog post about the new gui and new points and etc.. DF will favour large clans by what I had read on this new blog post.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
If i understand it right Chaos cities are no more so u wont have that as a option. But now every race can go to any npc city but loot and harvesting will be greatly reduced in protected areas. So i think we will def need to be getting in a alliance or something to give us access to a city.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
When the new DF starts you should stay as far away from alliances as possible and DO NOTHING but work on your characters. The second you enter an alliance is the second you have "obligations".

Donk, I agree with this 100% conceptually- but what happened to/for me in df1 was there were clans that farmed the people outside ncp cities in attempt to get members... it actually works. Outside a ncp city alone is the worse place to try and develop a character. Clans can give the appearance of power/control to new people when they are seen 'dominating'. I actually think this could be pulled off effectively but would require organisation (and maybe behind the scene alliances).

Originally Posted By: Donkleaps

It is easier to build toons at launch then later ..... Play smart not hard....

If we take a wait and lets see approach expect to start behind the leaders... and fail. We all get discouraged at entering a race we are already losing...

As many of us that may be interested should start asap and not take a lets wait and see attitude. Without all our participation there can be only one outcome.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
just read ismash's post and stfu.

he knows what hes talking about. over the last year or more, we actives have cultivated personal relationships with many otg. if it wasnt for them, we would have been living out of chaos cities and houses.
many of us have had the experience if being the only kgb on a boat or siege. we were respected by the alliance nonetheless.

so get mumble and use it, or play alone.

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight "The Talker"
KGB Knight "The Talker"
At the whole thing Donk said about Character Progression:
There are now player points. So character progression can happen easily while being in a clan.
(There are Clan Points along with that and special achivs that give you points from being in a Clan)
The game is no longer the old Darkfall but everyone here is treating it like it is.
You guys need to stop thinking that this is the old Darkfall, because yes i know Unholy Wars info is hard to find, but as somebody that has been keeping up with it.
The game is diffrent, it is NOT going to play like the OG Darkfall, stop talking like it is.
I didnt believe that concept until i really found out even deeper info about Unholy Wars. This game is seriously diffrent.

In example, people are Comparing WoW to GW2, and asking about questing and such things.
WoW to GW2, looks alike but plays differently.
Unholy Wars will not play like Darkfall.

Last edited by Atomsk; 12/02/12 11:27 AM.

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

*Former Name: Saint Bloodcrest
*Current used gaming name: Atomsk
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard