Originally Posted By: Hare
We roll in groups on day 1. You can't be at your best by NOT rolling with your military group. And we have ZERO blood wall skills.

When I fight with Donk or Dunlop or Kay (whoever) I know what they are going to do given the number of enemies, terrain, etc, because I have fought with them for 3 months.

By contrast Spool was asking for some help with a pvper the other day and when I ran in to engage this gal, who had apparently taken out Spools pve group, I expected Spoool to start attacking while I engaged the enemy. Instead he ran over the hill toward town away from the fight.

I am not bagging on Spool but it's an example of 2 (or could be more) people never having fought together in battle. When he called for help I assumed he wanted help fighting the player and I engaged them on sight but he was alerting the clan and looking for more backup than just me I suppose.

Duo's are great but you really need to get into a larger raiding party. It doesn't have to be a full group of 10 but 6-7 in a group out raiding is going to get some good experience and most importantly start to mesh as a fighting unit.

Having an objective and knowing when to press and when to tactically retreat are also key elements of a successful raid.

Good luck everyone keep after it.

Again I didn’t want to change the topic of the post which was just to address the ‘problem of the blood wall’ and to suggest that the blood wall/skills helps kgb not hurts. Skills do matter.

I agree with you, without training we do what is natural and what is natural for an individual is most likely not what should be the goal for a group. There is a reason the military trains and has minimum skill requirements. A large part of training is teaching people to do what isn’t natural. An intelligent person pauses to think before shooting a person, that’s why you spend hours and hours pulling the trigger at a target that looks like a human. I think pretty much everybody agrees we need to learn to fight as a group and need to train as a group. That is a different subject. But my point was the blood wall and learning skills does not harm kgb. Yes we do need to learn to fight as a group and just not the lower ranks. But we are lacking group training/experiences and it is going to be bad for awhile as we lost more experienced leaders.

Skills are JUST ONE aspect of training. In fact you need experience/knowledge to utilize those skills effectively and you can’t get them at the blood wall or on a message board. But the blood wall is not what prevents us from group fighting or hanging out. The blood wall isn’t what prevents members from organizing training sessions, hunting parties, etc. The blood wall isn’t what causes dead silence when somebody shouts out “is anything going on, anybody out hunting” (even if you run into a group farming). [I have been on both ends of this, not just pointing fingers at others] The blood wall isn’t what causes sane people from logging in and participating in a GROUP. Our blood wall isn’t what causes us lose to enemies. Our blood wall isn’t what causes our enemies to drop AOE and wipe huge amounts of us out over and over until they take our home or boat. Our blood wall isn’t what causes a group ½ our size roll in and wipe is out.

From past experience I learned KGB was not beaten because we spent too much time training or had too many skills, we did well against enemies until members for whatever reason start spending more time in Vent chatting, on message boards, or running around alone, etc. than fighting with kgb, or just not logging in. When you see a pattern of more red around you than green in hostile situations the problem isn’t too much training/skills.

Just my opinion, take it for what it’s worth, not meant to attack any one.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 07/16/09 01:44 PM.