The blood wall/skilling up is neither Evil nor a bad thing. A lot of people complain about people being at the blood wall and not out in groups and doing things, but make sure you consider the math. When I am (and I assume I am average) at the blood wall 98% of the time I am at work/in bed/doing house work, so the time spent there is not in place of playing the game, and the 2% of my blood wall time I am there, it is because I am training and not willing to donate 100’s of regs to reds and it is most efficient for my mace. I actually spend a lot more time gathering than I do at the blood wall (non-afk).

When I played my first mmo I had the attitude that macroing was cheating, I believed the only way you should gain skills was from fighting mobs/players. In a year playing A LOT I had 90 maces. I really didn’t care if I was 100 or 50, than I discovered PvP. I found my self facing skilled people with a lot more experience PvPing. In the end I decided I either had to get competitive or abandon PvP. Even in this game I have noticed I did poorly when I was doing 9 points of damage and taking 34.

Intentionally training to gain skills is nothing new or KGB would not have been able to stand up to OPP/etc. I think I still have screen shots from 10 years ago giving resist party’s to help newer KGBers gain Magic Resist. In mmo’s until your skills are maxed 90% of the time is gathering/training and preparing for the other 10% of the time PvP. I think this is the difference between shooters and mmo imho.

People are not willing to spend the time to naturally develop skills, listen to the complaints about the ‘grind’. Those are people who are not willing to gain skill naturally or it wouldn’t be a grind, it would be playing the game.

Many things contribute to success in battle but skills DO matter, TheMercs and many others have been kind enough to show us that. That is why we are homeless. All other things being equal, the most skilled person is going to win, it’s a math thing. Skills are one of the things I can control to help influence the outcome of combat in my favor that I will develop as much and as fast as I can.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 07/14/09 03:56 PM.