Guys, also, as Jet said, a critical factor in future battles will be what skills each side has:


  • At level 99 (at least for magic) skills get a HUGE boost, problem is it's obviously incredibly boring to say, beat someone with a sword over and over for 99 levels, or to cast 75000 (a ROUGH approximation I calculated) Mana Missles into the air.
  • Some of the more powerful weapon/magic skills (both passive and active) require stats such as 50 strength, or 75 int, or whatever. The most efficient way to raise these values are by gathering resources


So what I did last night is this:
While I was home and "active" I chose to work on some homework I had due today. While I did this, I was macro-harvesting until my tools would break. I went through one mining pick, and one axe, all in all I got around 40 iron, 75 stone, and 180 wood or so. I donated all the stone, and I believe kept some wood and iron to try my hand at crafting later today. Once I convert the timber into logs or logs into timber or whatever, and the iron into ingots, I'll dump it into the guild bank.

When I was out, I AFK macroed into a wall.

All in all, although I haven't checked the stats since I went to sleep (server is down) my Strength and Vitality went up by about 1.5, Intelligence and Wisdom went up by about 1, I took Mana Missile, Self Heal, and Lesser Magic from level 15 to level 31 or so, my Sprint went up from about 20 to 30, and rest went from about 25 to 40.

Helping the guild out doesn't have to be a burden. If your wife is making you do chores at the moment, you're not going to be playing the game anyway, leave a harvest macro going on, and come back every 5-10 minutes to switch to a new rock or tree. Maybe watch TV with your kid or something as you do this. Do homework, or a pending project for work.

When you actually have time to play it: I made about 600 gold yesterday, and as Jet said, just gave 50% of it to the guild because since I just started out I have a lot of skills and tools I need to buy soon.

When you wouldn't be playing the game for extended time though, be it because of sleep, work, whatever, do yourself a favor and run a weapon skill macro.

When you can't be right at your keyboard all the time, but will still be sort of active, be it because of chores, TV, a movie at home, (sex*? wink ), do the guild a favor and run a harvesting macro.

*Don't set up a macro before getting your lady to bed. There is nothing that kills the mood like thinking of a video game as she's laying naked in bed :P


BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]