Originally Posted By: Lenny
I dont know if i am right or not, but here is my opinion.

I do believe that building our city is very important, but also we need to have some fun. There are some of us that don’t mind farming for resources, but there are others that hate it. I don’t want people to get burnt out and feel that the game is not fun anymore. I think that we need to take one or two days off of farming for resources to do what you want to do. I know that primetime, some would probably like to go out and pvp, and we should encourage people to have fun sometimes, and not just farm for gold, lumber, stone or iron.


Sorry I had to wait till my lunch break before I could reply to this one. I understand where you are coming from Lenny but simply put I would disagree.

I applied to KGB. I read through the list of rules and regulations, filled out an app and was honored that I was accepted. This isn’t a guild that says hey come join us to just anyone. They have a very strict policy of who they recruit and when. I feel by being accepted into KGB this is a privilege and not a right.

When I took that oath to become a member of KGB I swore to do what is best for the guild because in turn what is best for the guild is also best for me. That being said:

If one isn’t willing to keep the guilds better interest in mind, why would they apply to KGB in the first place? I do not think our leadership is asking too much of us. We have been at this what 10 days? Look how far we have come? Look how much further we would be if people did not have their own agendas. If people do not want to contribute at all and just want to do their own thing then there are plenty of people without guild tags running around out there lost with no purpose that will be quitting soon.

That may sound harsh and by all means people should have fun when they are playing. But isn’t a little bit of sacrifice in the beginning of this games launch worth the frustration when a couple weeks down the road we will have a fully fortified city and all can enjoy hunting together. We work together – we reap the rewards together. We fight together, we die together. That is why I joined KGB. A tight unit of people working together to be the best. Sounds like a commercial but I mean it.

Those who have contributed already are tired but seeing results, those who haven’t I would encourage to drop what you are doing and put in an hour or 2 of resource gathering for your guild. No one is going to crack a whip and make you do something but then you have to ask do you really want to be a part of KGB or are you just in a guild because it makes life easier on you?

Lenny you have put an ass load of time making arrows for the guild – it doesn’t go unnoticed – you have put thousands of arrows in there. Jet has farmed his ass off since day one. Many others as well. The only reason I can see farming being frustrating, is for those farming resources look around and seeing all the people “having fun “ around them. It’s not fair but we deal with it and farm away. I am guilty of this myself the last 2 days I spent running around because I wanted to figure out why the hell I am so god awful at fighting. Then out of frustration I mine some more and watch my strength increase, my damage begins to rise and then I smile because all of a sudden I can kill mobs and realize this grind is very beneficial.

In the EU release I think it has been reasonably lenient as far as people not gathering. In the NA launch I am 100% for the whip coming out. Look how far we have come so fast – think about how far and fast we can come with everyone focused on the same goals.



Okay so this is a long winded way of saying. Everyone suck it up and gather resources a bit. Do your part for the guild and we will all enjoy playing together when that time comes. We have come a long way in the first few days. I will be heading up tool box runs when I am on all are welcome to come along – on those runs we can kill what’s in our way (5 kobalds, 2 minatours and a centour or 2) – then we recall back and harvest more smile

Pickaxe in one hand, beer in the other....let’s get er done.