Just to make sure no one is getting me wrong here, I'm certainly not the true roleplayer type and never will be nor would I want KGB to be. At best we could make a branch of KGB to be it's RPing side like Vydor made during Shadowbane.

However, examples of what I am referring to would be like the political meetings Jet and Herog had in person in game. They could have simply meet up in Vent and it would be forgotten as soon as it was over. However since they RP'd it, it became an event and remembered years after... and something we could have actually put in our now inactive KGB Herald. And this was in Shadowbane, a game as Derid put it- and I agree- was just all about powergaming. So I see it possible to have some great RP type events even while we powergame as long as Darkfall has the complexity and immersion needed.

Things I'd like to see in DF and maybe in AoC as well:
* Reactivation of the KGB herald
* Political roleplaying - (townhall meetings and each guild presenting their numbers by getting them to all show up in uniform colors.)
* Regaining the image as the "good guys" so we're asked to come to fluff roleplaying events like marriages - as gay as they may be at times - someone has to protect those sheep in a game like DF that will be full of wolves/powergamers. In fact it would be a reflection of how well of a job KGB is doing based on the number of "innocents", crafers and RP types that lived around our kingdom. In a cruel brutal world only the wolves survive but if within the realm of the KGB empire little crafter towns thrive and semi-gay role playing events like in game marriages and flea-markets actually occur then it shows that our army is so mighty that we can make our lands so safe that even sheep can stroll around in.

Something that really helps this be possible is that in DF you take control of a clan stone which is like a Tree of Life from Shadowbane. This clan stone protects all of your "kingdom" from random destruction unlike a Tree of Life which only protected a few buildings. A kingdom in DF will be a large area of land and the devs have said more than one town can be built inside a kingdom. So KGB may have it's city built directly around the clan stone but since the stone protects the whole kingdom, others could build small towns outside of our city, say a mile away by a mountain side in our kingdom that has ore in it. These towns could be made up of purely non-KGB people if we wanted to allow it... they'd simply craft and sell their goods and then pay us a monthly rent. Innocents that we'd protect and also we'd enforce rules on them, like that we'll kick them out if they try to start wars with neighbors. If one of these little towns grows enough to form it's own sub guild and create its own army we could let them in as a true part of the KGB empire with military rights then as well.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record