Sorry, but from the perspective of someone who loves RP and PVP, I'd have to say that in a MMO environment, RP will take a dive where PVP is concerned every time. NOT because there aren't those who don't immerse themselves into the game environment while also being good at PVP. It's because there are entirely too many Focused Power Gamers out there who could give a shit less about RP. They'll simply do whatever it takes to get to the top, by number crunching and throwing any idea that the environment they're in is another world, to the wayside. Hell, the whole "L33t speak" bullshit says it all...So in order to beat those people, those who RP while also PVPing eventually sacrifice playing characters they like for whatever character types can own in battle. Machiavellian principles 4tw in today's gaming...

I'd say that a better environment for RP + PVP is a Multiplayer game, where there are no more than 100 players on a server and they'd have to go through a short interview process to figure out if they fit the bill for keeping the lore of the world intact without exploiting everything in sight.

I think the best bet for KGB to maintain a real Role Playing environment with PVP and enemies to host their own game server of emulated games out there. Anything else would require a lot of sacrifice.

I hope I'm wrong about all of the above, but I doubt it. Just ask DCengr. He's about as much Power gamer as you get...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]