Originally Posted by Drakiis
Hmm, WTC I honestly do not see the reason for this. If the duties do not change and the responsibilities remain the same, how is simply changing the name supposed to make things better? The Senate was always confrontational, and that was always part of the responsibilities and the importance of the job, a heavy full time weight sure but worthy of ones time and energy if taken seriously as the honor it was. What's to stop infighting in this new iteration? There will always be differing opnions, I think the real crux of the problem was that some had thin skin and others just liked confrontation too much yet lacked valid arguments to support their opinions. As a former senator I can honestly say that while a lot of my policy went unsupported and completely disregarded, what policy did go forward I was damned proud of, the fight it took always worthy, and ultimately worth the effort when it finally did. That sense of satisfation can't be described. I will always love KGB and what it stands for, and I will (and did) respect everyone I interacted with both as a Knight and as a Senator. Did I have some epic arguments on the Senate floor? Yes but I never hated my fellow Senators. This new development seems to simply change the name and try and dumb down the process of the Senate doing little to change the processes or responsibilities, unless I am simply not seeing the logic and/or the new changes. However after reading this twice now I really don't know what's changed except the name and apparently the importance or priorities of this once august branch of government. Did the senate suggest this change, sign off on it, or was it mandated by the crown authority? Did Owain support this? Especially after his most recent appointment? Talk about getting the shaft. Here I'm going to take your crown awarded posting and dump it in the flaming dumpster and give you a safe space instead, therapy pet optional. Please explain as I have a small toaster for a brain. You can kick violators of the principles of this High Council but you could do that when the Senate was active too, and quite honestly if you go around kicking people for causing a disagreement everytime someone simply farts in someone elses general direction you'll find yourself with not much of a counsil. having little more then two loose marbles rolling around in the chamber hardly able to do you any real good.

Oh and BTW it's my 50th brithday today....God help me.

I misjudged how it would go to make the Senate autonomous. I removed myself from oversight thinking that the heated debates of the past would be just that. The situation devolved because of a lack of clarity on all the roles, responsibilities, conduct code, etc. I blame myself for not be absolutely clear before we started this autonomous endeavor. I attempted to correct it, but by then it was too late. In the end, the only way I could think to resolve the issues was to push the reset button. Start fresh with very clear rules and conduct code and act immediately if it goes off track.

Thou shalt treat all persons with respect in all forms of communication at all times. King's High Council Members will strive to present themselves as honorable, respectable, and chivalrous at all times. Problems will occur and tempers will flare. Help solve the problems with calm discussion and be respectful. Take the time to review your posts and statements. Don’t post angry!
-King’s High Council will be held to a higher standard.
-This code will be strictly enforced.
-Violations will result in removal from the council and extreme violations of the conduct code or KGB general orders will be prosecuted.

1. The rules were there but have not historically been enforced, and it was not fair to start enforcing when others had a free pass. The reset was necessary for a fresh start.

2. The Senate was working to create role call and participation requirements. This alienates members that had real-life issues or limited time. As you know, folks come and go, and can take part when they are here and don't lose their position when they are not. I had promised to remove myself and my only option was to veto these proposals as they came through. Several folks put a lot of time into this and I felt it was just not fair to them. I should have never removed myself so I would be able to notify folks if they were working on something that I would never be able to approve.

3. Owain was given an impossible task. He was to run the Senate without clearly defined rules, code, processes, and procedures. It was left to the Senate to create theses when they were actually needed to create them. It was a no-win scenario and an impossible task. Without an enforced conduct code, divisions deepened and the environment became toxic. I have apologized to him personally for carelessly signing him up for this impossible task.

4. The "Senate" name implies an equal branch of government like the US constitution. In the constitutional monarchy we currently have, it is an advisory body and not an independent legislative body. Continuing to use the name "Senate" would never be able to shed that implication. A new name was necessary.

All in all, the new organization will be under federal oversight as it was before the recent hasty changes. Rules will be taken seriously and enforced fairly. The KHC will have the same ability the Senate did to change KGB, but with a clearly defined code, process, and procedure.

I hope this brings clarity to what I did and why I did it. I did not do this in a vacuum. I worked with Romeo, Derid, and other long time members that were online at the time.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter