Originally Posted by Taxman
A LOT has been done since Kickstarter - just not according to "someones" paper-charting and feature-checklist spreadsheet. They have zero idea what has been ACCOMPLISHED, they are just checking off what they cannot "see" currently.

I find it IRONIC that people love to call CIG out on things when most AAA games give people nothing until just before release; or snapshots at E3/etc for something coming out "next year". I can't name a single game that has come to market that started at the same time that they did from Kickstart; in fact MANY that I have been tracking are still much farther out than CIG's Star Citizen / Squadron 42 is looking. I can log into the Alpha of Star Citizen RIGHT NOW and actually fly ships around, do things in-game - not just watch a pre-rendered clip on YouTube.

As a software engineer and a developer myself - I understand things come in stages and take time; MANY hours, with iteration of design/code. So far I have seen from KickStart: Player Hangar(s) (several iterations), the space combat simulator/racing, multi-player environment (non-persistent), multi-player environment - semi-persistent, and now Star Marine (FPS). Is it a WHOLE MMO/UNIVERSE yet? - NO, but they never promised it would be a this point. People keep saying we'll see when 3.0 comes out - once again, we are talking "ALPHA" 3.0! So what will be in there should expand greatly upon what is currently available for test play, but it will NOT be a universe - or an MMO at that point either. What they do release in 3.0 will continue to be built upon with more features and systems/planets/moons, but Squadron 42 will release BEFORE Star Citizen, there will be several episodes (parts) of that prior to Star Citizen release.

This is exactly what is wrong with the game industry and the "go fund me" mentality that has taken over. You can spin it with your own experience all you wish Tax, at the end of the day, these guys have received a fuckton of money and have not produced a viable, full on release game from it. Oh sure, they have teaser stuff, and in some cases, it's slightly fun, but it pales compared to the full on world we have all been expecting for a very long time. As I said in another post, they could have colonized Mars in real life with the amount of money they have received (I know, not really, but is sounds sarcastically good). Frankly, I am pretty sure the three ships I purchased in the wayback are probably obsolete by now, since they have goner on to design and release many newer, faster, blah, blah, blah models, for a game that has never been finalized. So, I don't know that this guy is "butthurt", perhaps just more willing to hold them to the fire. I mean, seriously, how many more years?

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]