A LOT has been done since Kickstarter - just not according to "someones" paper-charting and feature-checklist spreadsheet. They have zero idea what has been ACCOMPLISHED, they are just checking off what they cannot "see" currently.

I find it IRONIC that people love to call CIG out on things when most AAA games give people nothing until just before release; or snapshots at E3/etc for something coming out "next year". I can't name a single game that has come to market that started at the same time that they did from Kickstart; in fact MANY that I have been tracking are still much farther out than CIG's Star Citizen / Squadron 42 is looking. I can log into the Alpha of Star Citizen RIGHT NOW and actually fly ships around, do things in-game - not just watch a pre-rendered clip on YouTube.

As a software engineer and a developer myself - I understand things come in stages and take time; MANY hours, with iteration of design/code. So far I have seen from KickStart: Player Hangar(s) (several iterations), the space combat simulator/racing, multi-player environment (non-persistent), multi-player environment - semi-persistent, and now Star Marine (FPS). Is it a WHOLE MMO/UNIVERSE yet? - NO, but they never promised it would be a this point. People keep saying we'll see when 3.0 comes out - once again, we are talking "ALPHA" 3.0! So what will be in there should expand greatly upon what is currently available for test play, but it will NOT be a universe - or an MMO at that point either. What they do release in 3.0 will continue to be built upon with more features and systems/planets/moons, but Squadron 42 will release BEFORE Star Citizen, there will be several episodes (parts) of that prior to Star Citizen release.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers