NOTE: I will update this as I gain more information. If anyone has data they would like to add then please put a note and I can edit the post to reflect that info.

OK so I have spent the last 2 days in game breaking this down. TO say that the grind form DFO is gone is a gross misrepresentation. However the new system is far better than what it was previously there is still a big grind.

It works like this.

EVERY SKILL and ATTRIBUTE now raises on a sliding scale individually.

This means...

Each Attribute
Roles
Role abilities
Weapon Skills
Crafting
Harvesting

We will use PPP for Prowess Per point in this.

Attribute scales are as thus:

01-27 = 30 PPP
28-?? = 45 PPP
??-?? = ?? PPP

Roles and Role Skills are as thus:

Roles:
01-14 = 01 PPP
15-25 = 02 PPP
26-33 = 03 PPP
34-38 = 04 PPP
39-43 = 05 PPP
44-47 = 06 PPP
48-50 = 07 PPP
51-54 = 08 PPP
55-56 = 09 PPP
57-59 = 10 PPP
60-61 = 11 PPP
62-64 = 12 PPP
65 = 13 PPP
66-67 = 14 PPP
68-69 = 15 PPP
70- (TBC until later this evening I ran out of points)

Also upon further investigation all Roles and Role Abilities and Skills all seem to use the same scale. (If someone finds otherwise please say so in order that we can adjust this information.

Now let us take a look at some prowess gaining.
While typing this up I moved both my logging and bush harvesting skills to 50 so that I could test average Prowess gains for a starting character per node.

NOTE: This is an average taken between 10 nodes. 5 being trees and 5 being bushes. It is also worth noting that the more rares you pull from said node the more Prowess is gained so I am guessing that these numbers would rise once you max the harvesting skills respectively. Also note these are nodes outside of safezones and in very low population areas.

Trees
1:46
2:63 + Feat Bonus
3:39
4:41
5:27
This comes to an average of 43 prowess / node

Bush
1:51
2:72 + Feat Bonus
3:38
4:39
5:43
This comes to an average of 48 prowess / node

At 50 skill level I am knocking out a node every 8-10 minutes while writing this up and alt tabbing back in to move to a new node.

So at roughly 6 nodes an hour MIND YOU THIS IS FOR AFK HARVESTING I am making roughly 280 Prowess/ hour.

Longshanks went and farmed the troll camp with me last night and we were getting 2 prowess / kill at a fairly quick spawn rate. The only problem with farming mobs for prowess is that currently the only person in a party that gets prowess is the one that scores the killing blow.

I would love to see more data on prowess / kill / mob type so feel free to add to this list as it could be a really big help in assisting people to streamline the grinding process.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]