I too would rather go alliance free, but unfortunately that is unrealistic in today’s gaming environment, I will spare you the rant of how that in my opinion is in large part what destroys gaming, no more me and one other standing in destard waiting for reds to show up… you need the numbers or a ncp town to hide in shame in.

Keeping one comms is great and I am for that but it is unrealistic for us to think that our .001 percent of active members in vent will keep people in our vent. I have seen us with 60 people in vent/mumble and me the only KGB. History has proved that even when we could provide the service it is the people who fielded the numbers who's com programs the alliance went to.

I too was reluctant to go from vent to mumble… but the difference blew my mind. No more one guy getting on 2000% louder than the next…… in vent many people I had to adjust each time they logged in even if in the middle of battle. We have to adapt to the times.

OTG has expressed much interest in friendship with KGB in df2, even members of OTG that have given up on df1 have logged in just to reach out to KGB to see our intent in df2. (Who we have been allied with for years? now for those of you that have not around) I expressed our desire to remain friends. There are others like S&D that we have meaning to too. Living alone out of a chaos city didn't seem to work out too well for us in the past. OTG has passed up alliance invites because KGB refused to be adsorbed when we didn't have the numbers (even though OTG could field between 30-50 peeps). I think they have already proved their friendship and have earned mine if not KGB's respect. I think we would be foolish and it would reflect badly upon us if we did not offer our hand to OTG at least. It was in no small part that KGB was able to fly our flag to the end because if their love.

KGB strength in an alliance directly comes from the value we provide be it the number of people we can field in battle or whatever, KGB’s strength. IMHO that is what we need to focus on.. whose/what com program… meh… Let’s focus on getting our shit together, if we do we can, we can call the shots, if not we don’t deserve to. Our goals have to be in line with our capabilities.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 11/21/12 11:50 PM.