KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 42 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,046,595 Trump card
1,345,763 Picture Thread
482,027 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#121993 10/09/13 07:23 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Thats actually pretty funny.

Ofc its backward, Obama the one who wont sign anything that doesn't give him exactly what he demands.. but still funny.

Blaming Obama on the current government shutdown is ... defies logic. Justify your position.

[Linked Image]
Sini #121994 10/09/13 08:05 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Its self evident.

House GOP passes budget. Dems wont pass/sign budget.

Dems openly say that they will not until and unless they get exactly and everything they want. They will not even negotiate.

Objectively speaking, there is absolutely no question. The whole "GOP TEA PARTY " whatever is just silliness. All Obama has to do is bend some, even delaying the obviously flawed/glitched/unready rollout by a single year which would give them time to fix all the technical issues... and budget impasse would end.

Obama has not a single leg to stand on.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #121996 10/09/13 08:29 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Sini
Thats actually pretty funny.

Ofc its backward, Obama the one who wont sign anything that doesn't give him exactly what he demands.. but still funny.

Blaming Obama on the current government shutdown is ... defies logic. Justify your position.

The things you say defies logic.

foil

Derid #122000 10/10/13 06:02 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

Its self evident.

Only in epistemic closure infested delirious right groupthink.

Current shutdown is 100% manufactured crisis where a radicalized minority attempts to dictate its agenda to the majority by creating on-going crises by taking both government and creditworthiness of the country as a hostage.

Quote:
House GOP passes budget. Dems wont pass/sign budget.

First, it isn't even a budget fight. Budget never happened, this is continuing resolution. Remember whole super committee that did not reach a compromise and triggered sequester that took a chunk out of GDP? Yes, we still following that budget and now we are on continuing resolution because nothing happened since then.

Quote:
Dems openly say that they will not until and unless they get exactly and everything they want. They will not even negotiate.

You are off your rocker Derid. GOP is attempting to repeal law of the land that was affirmed by Supreme Court without control of the presidency or senate. This is not a budget measure, this is legislative agenda. Not only that, but GOP is only making demands - there is nothing offered in exchange (give us this or else government shut down), so you can't even call that negotiation.

So lets call things proper names - Democrats are standing their ground and refusing demands by GOP.

If GOP doesn't like ACA - they should win more elections and get control of the Senate and Presidency and pass the bill repealing it. This is how our founding fathers intended system to work. Having minority dictate to majority is subversion of the democratic process.

Imagine if during Reagan times Tip O'Neill demanded Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 or they would shut down government and let US default on its loans. This is what happening now.

Quote:
Objectively speaking, there is absolutely no question. The whole "GOP TEA PARTY " whatever is just silliness. All Obama has to do is bend some, even delaying

GOP can manufacture crisis like that pretty much on demand, every couple months to a year there could be threats of default and government shutdown. Are you suggesting that MAJORITY completely give up governing and let MINORITY dictate because said minority is willing to be reckless and hold the country as a hostage?

Quote:
Obama has not a single leg to stand on.

Your slide into Hele-Red delirium is now complete. Listening to you I can with 100% certainty state that your news sources are poisoned.

For emergency detox read this:

False equivalences
Enough with the extortion
BBC shutdown Q&A

[Linked Image]
Helemoto #122003 10/10/13 06:18 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
The things you say defies logic.

Hele, you wouldn't know what happened even if you busted logic in your kitchen in the middle of the night robbing your house.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122011 10/10/13 07:14 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think your are having some issues with facts. House is under no obligation to fund anything. Its not a repeal, its simply not funding.

Your talk about budget vs continuing res is splitting syntactic hairs, and meaningless in this context.

You incorrectly invoked epistemic closure. Rather, the only way you can possibly think House should be under any obligation to fund anything... is if you simply believe that the Word of Obama is the only thing that matters. You make defying Obamas wishes sound akin to defying God, which is silly.

Your claiming what the Founders wanted.. honestly makes me sick to my stomach. Madison himself wrote inn the Federalist Papers that the purse strings were the ultimate recourse for reigning in gov't action. I recommend not trying to pass of BS about Founders or Constitution to someone who actually knows something about either. Just looks silly.

GOP has a MAJORITY of the House, which is closest to the people. Again, all this talk about "majority governance blah blah" is ridiculous. Dems unilaterally pushed through this monstrosity despite GOP and a bit more than half the country saying they would continue to fight tooth and nail. Well, Dems lost the House and... surprise... the opposition continues to oppose.

Pass something that doesnt lose you control of Congress and earn the animosity of half the country next time. Boo hoo.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #122016 10/10/13 08:44 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
House is under no obligation to fund anything.
House is under obligation to keep government working, it their main function. Your view is anarchism.

Quote:
Its not a repeal, its simply not funding.

The same thing.

Quote:
Your talk about budget vs continuing res is splitting syntactic hairs, and meaningless in this context.

It isn't. You are acting like GOP proposed new budget and Dems shot it down. In reality GOP stapled "repeal Obamacare" (the same one they tried 40-something times on its own) to cont. resolution and sent it out that way. If ACA could be repealed through democratic process, then GOP would have done it by now. They tried, and tried, and tried.... and failed. So now they decided to bypass legislative process.

Have you considered that defunding ACA (remember, it designed to be revenue-neutral) is a tax hike?

Also, have you considered in what this will mean for legislative process if GOP succeeds? GOP one day will be in this position, if minority with nothing to lose can abuse budget and debt ceiling process in this way it will be abused every time. Are you ready to default unless government also funds abortions at all stages, have no working government unless gun control implemented?

Also if congress can dictate in this way, what is the point of having Presidential Veto or Senate? Abolish them already, clearly anything they do pales in comparison to NOT DEFAULTING and NOT SHUTTING GOVERNMENT DOWN.

Quote:
You incorrectly invoked epistemic closure.

What do you call self-referential system of believes that makes no coherent sense when rationally analyzed against objective reference points and measurable goals? I suppose we can call it Catholicism. Of wait, that name is already taken.

Quote:
Madison himself wrote inn the Federalist Papers that the purse strings were the ultimate recourse for reigning in gov't action.

Purse strings were never meant to be used to hang the nation. "The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned." Now show me where Madison wrote that it is acceptable to not to pay for lawful government activities that are authorized, no mandated, by law of the land?

Quote:
Your claiming what the Founders wanted.. honestly makes me sick to my stomach.

Your stubborn defense of indefensible GOP conduct makes me think that you are ether take me for a fool or are a fool. Now, I know you are not a fool.

Last edited by Sini; 10/10/13 09:18 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122017 10/10/13 09:45 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
House is under obligation to keep government working, it their main function. Your view is anarchism.
If all they are supposed to do is rubber stamp government spending, why do we even need them?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #122020 10/10/13 10:41 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Originally Posted By: Kaotic
If all they are supposed to do is rubber stamp government spending, why do we even need them?

Exactly.

Now Sini, it was fun to play along but if your going to keep flying out to the extremities by creative leaps of logic and syntactical abuse we need to get a few things straight.

First: Its not a shutdown its a slim down. I also just looked out my window... no riots, anarchy, or anything else. Guess what - if this status quo continues there still wont be anarchy.

Second: Its not about repealing Obamacare(Pelosicare) , as has already been established a compromise of delaying the mandate portion kicking in for a year was offered and rejected by Obama. Honestly how can you forget important details like that so easily, and expect to put up an argument?

Since all your arguments stem from your assertion that a repeal is what the GOP has demanded, when the fact is that a 1 year delay has in fact been on the table you have managed to invalidate yourself.

Im going to do a lazy eval here and not address statements made subsequent to a failed logic check.

I will note in passing however, that the system for Obamacare is obviously not in technical working order and even MSM left wing shills like Blitzer have started suggesting that a delay isnt such a bad idea.

I will also note in passing that default is impossible unless deliberate - revenues are greater than debt service payments. Without raising the debt ceiling, there will be no default.. spending will just be reduced to income, which is still considerable.

This whole "situation" can be over simply by Obama giving in on a one year mandate delay for Obamacare. Both parties can then return to their regularly scheduled looting.

Sini #122037 10/11/13 05:52 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Please, saying ACA is "not in technical working order" is like saying that KGB is crashing and burning because in 96 our web application was down. It didn't even started. You do understand that ACA is currently in early enrollment stages, right? Sure website got swamped and crashed under load couple times. This must be because nobody wants ACA, right?

Now, before you start with $634 mil shtick read this .

If it isn't about repealing ACA what is it about? Oh wait, not even GOP know. It is about: "We’re not going to be disrespected,” Rep. Marlin Stutzman. Maybe if GOP stopped acting like clowns and Cruzing around people would start taking them serious. Oh, and Bush years still happened, that too.

I can tell you with certainty, that we don't need current house for anything, but that what we got. What we don't need is for them to get in the way while adults trying to work - we still have recovery to work on, wars to wind down, and banks to regulate.

Quote:
This whole "situation" can be over simply by Obama giving in on a one year mandate delay for Obamacare.

GOP want something. What do they have to offer in exchange? Minority doesn't get to dictate, win both houses and presidency and then you get to tell how things going to be.

Hey Derid, lets negotiate. You give me 100$. What, no? Why not, why won't you negotiate with me? Fine, I will take 80$. See, I am willing to compromise.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122042 10/12/13 11:29 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Last I looked GOP had the majority, hence a GOP speaker. Not sure where you get off talking about minority. In any case a bare majority screwing over the lives of the minority is not justice, its tyranny. Its just wrong. You will never get anywhere with that line of argument for both reasons.

You are so set on Obamacare ASAP you want to put everyone through Shadowbane launch. GG. Please tell how that makes a lick of sense.

Oh and I wasnt going to talk about cost.

I may however talk about THIS They hadnt even finished the site a bare month before launch. Yes, that is a Obamacare contractor looking for help on Java forums.

Sini #122043 10/12/13 11:33 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

GOP want something. What do they have to offer in exchange? Minority doesn't get to dictate, win both houses and presidency and then you get to tell how things going to be.

Hey Derid, lets negotiate. You give me 100$. What, no? Why not, why won't you negotiate with me? Fine, I will take 80$. See, I am willing to compromise.

You really have no conception of how a Republic is supposed to work do you?

Derid #122044 10/12/13 12:07 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Please, after you continuously pushing argument that GOP that controls ONE out of TWO legislative chambers and not even by popular vote and has a democratic president is perfectly fine to DICTATE LEGISLATURE by threatening function of the government AND credit and faith of US... you are not the one to talk about "how a Republic is suppose to work".

In your tra-la-la land anything is possible. Meanwhile in US GOP is grossly abusing the process and attempting to expand power of congress by declaration. Remember all these rants you wrote about Obama expanding power of The Oval Office? Well, now you exposed yourself for a hypocritical partisan hack by unquestionably supporting these shenanigans.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122045 10/12/13 12:11 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
How the GOP's Kamikaze Club Hijacked John Boehner

Quote:
After Obama won reelection and the Democrats picked up 11 seats in the House last November, Boehner appeared ready to accept political reality. He observed,

"It's pretty clear that the president was re-elected. Obamacare is the law of the land. If we were to put Obamacare into the CR [the bill funding the government, known as a continuing resolution] and send it over to the Senate, we were risking shutting down the government. That is not our goal."

In January, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the GOP's top budget guy, also took a moderate stance:

"We have to deal with the fact that President Obama has a second term…A second term will present new challenges to our side—and new opportunities. To take advantage of them, we will need something we occasionally overlook. We will need prudence… We have to make decisions anchored in reality—and take responsibility for the consequences. The prudent man is like a captain at sea. He doesn't curse the wind. He uses it—to reach his destination."

[Linked Image]
Sini #122047 10/12/13 12:48 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Please, after you continuously pushing argument that GOP that controls ONE out of TWO legislative chambers and not even by popular vote and has a democratic president is perfectly fine to DICTATE LEGISLATURE by threatening function of the government AND credit and faith of US... you are not the one to talk about "how a Republic is suppose to work".

In your tra-la-la land anything is possible. Meanwhile in US GOP is grossly abusing the process and attempting to expand power of congress by declaration. Remember all these rants you wrote about Obama expanding power of The Oval Office? Well, now you exposed yourself for a hypocritical partisan hack by unquestionably supporting these shenanigans.

Huh? Too many great leaps there. Does not follow at all. Congress is supposed to set spending. Its not an expanded power, its what they are supposed to do.

Modern political optics make it seem as though a President should dictate.. but thats not the case. So Obama beat a guy who made some unrelated unpopular comments who wanted to quadruple military spending and maintain the police state. So what?

You keep going on about Obama being re-elected. As if thats some kind of mandate. Its not. There is a lot more that goes into a Presidential election than any one issue. Saying that a President should get whatever he wants because he was elected... thats like how Banana Republics and African countries' politics work. Ones that are ruled by strongmen, not strong institutions.

Obama may want to be a strongman, and I am constantly flabbergasted by your support of such.

The reason the House initiates spending was quite intentional, and meant as a check on govt. The House being closest to the people holding the purse strings was quite deliberate. As I noted before, when you try to make Constitutional or structural govt arguments against someone like myself who is well versed in these topics you just end up looking foolish.

Heres another news flash... Obamacare isnt popular. Its deeply unpopular. The fact is people were so busy reacting against Bush that Dems had a window to railroad the country. The Dems didnt have a majority of three branches at the time because people wanted Obamacare. People were just reacting to the mistakes of the GOP. After Obamacare the Dems lost the House. They still lost the House in the last election.

Despite Obama being favored over Romney, the country still does not want Obama and the Dems to have a blank check to do whatever the hell they want unopposed. The country also does not want Obamacare. There is only one partisan hack here, and its the guy who wants Shadowbane Launch health care system at all costs, based on really poorly constructed arguments.

Sini #122055 10/12/13 06:38 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

You don't even know how the system works, why the hell is anyone even responding to you???????

Derid #122056 10/13/13 08:11 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Huh? Too many great leaps there. Does not follow at all.

You are projecting.

Quote:
Congress is supposed to set spending. Its not an expanded power, its what they are supposed to do.

Only if you define spending as EVERYTHING. Spending is, given Priority A or B and X$, what share of money do I allocate? This is also called budgeting. Spending isn't - we chose to effectively repeal law of the land by setting spending to zero. Defund ACA first, then EPA, then Food Stamps, then we have Congress with absolute power.

Quote:
So Obama beat a guy who made some unrelated unpopular comments who wanted to quadruple military spending and maintain the police state. So what? You keep going on about Obama being re-elected. As if thats some kind of mandate.

If you don't like democratic process and consequences of thereof, you are very welcome to move to Somalia.

Quote:
Saying that a President should get whatever he wants because he was elected...

False equivalence and red herring. President doesn't get whatever he wants, and has negotiated a lot of concessions with GOP. Exactly opposite is true - Congress majority decided that they are entitled to get whatever they want (repeal law of the land) despite not having the votes for it.

Quote:
Obama may want to be a strongman, and I am constantly flabbergasted by your support of such.

Above is a tin-foiled idiocy and hyperbola. Turn off your FOX NEWS.

Quote:
The reason the House initiates spending was quite intentional, and meant as a check on govt.

Correct. This never meant to be backseat driving on legislative agenda AND retroactive veto for all existing legislature. It could be ACA, it could be Civil Rights Act of 1964 - doesn't matter. Congress doesn't get to decide what is law of the land is going to be outside of passing legislature by both chambers and getting it signed by president process.

Quote:
The House being closest to the people holding the purse strings was quite deliberate.

"Closest to the people" is shallow argument in this case.

More Popular Than Congress
Quote:

Hemorrhoids
The DMV
Hipsters
Jury Duty
Zombies
Wall Street
Toenail Fungus

Quote:
As I noted before, when you try to make Constitutional or structural govt arguments against someone who went off the deep end after inhaling too many toxic fumes at the right wing fever swamp and lost all pretense to objectivity and tenuous grasp on reality you just end up talking to a wall.

Indeed.

Quote:
Heres another news flash... Obamacare isnt popular. Its deeply unpopular.

With conservatives that funneled SuperPAC sized money into FUDing the issue? Obviously, preaching to the choir worked, but rest of the country... not so much.

How unpopular or popular is Obamacare?

Quote:
CNN, CNBC in separate polling show 59 — the same number in both polls — 59 percent of the American people support Obamacare, and even a larger number of people think the government shutdown is the worst idea that ever came along

[Linked Image]
Sini #122059 10/13/13 04:20 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think thats about the most silliness I have ever seen in one post. Your thinking just does not follow any acknowledged train of logic.

I mean really, I point out that there are many factors that go into a Presidential election and Obamas reelection does not equate to an Obamacare popular mandate... and you cry "Somalia" again.

That 59 percent quote about Obamacare was 59 percent of that particular push poll (also check the wording) would have preferred not to shut govt down to kill Obamacare. But also note that the poll itself is not mentioned in the article. Only the QUOTE FROM HARRY REID was mentioned. Again, THE QUOTE FROM HARRY REID.

You just TOOK A QUOTE FROM HARRY REID AS FACT.

See actual polls... like the USA Today poll actually linked in article:

"OK, but most unpopular law in the history of the United States? A recent USA Today poll shows that 42 percent of Americans approve of the law, while 53 percent disapprove of it."

You should really take your blinders off. I know siding with Dems against "Tea Party" really fits into your social and self image. But it is extremely counter productive from any objective angle.

Sini #122063 10/13/13 06:13 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Please, you are still fighting yesteryear battles. Your side lost ACA fight years ago, quit crying over spilled milk already.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122069 10/14/13 03:02 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Please, you are still fighting yesteryear battles. Your side lost ACA fight years ago, quit crying over spilled milk already.

Please get back on your meds, we like it when you at least have a possible sense of logic.

foil

Sini #122079 10/16/13 07:17 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini #122080 10/16/13 11:08 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
A eulogy for libertarian-tea party-christian right movement known as GOP in US politics.

Recently irrelevant conservative right did a number of positive things for the country. For one, they managed to push deficit reduction into mainstream politics. Not since before Reagan started deficit spending spree did the public understood that this process has severe downsides. As a result, we might be nearing the end of bubble-burst cycles. They also managed to sideline neocon chickenhawks, but sadly not in time to stop Bush disasters. With luck from now on we will see a lot less wars. Just for these two great achievements they will be missed dearly.

The departed also demonstrated that politicians still have to consider will of the people. By crashing GOP party going full speed into ideological wall they will restore much needed pragmatism and spirit of cooperation (right after next election cycle). They also demonstrated that you can only delay reality, but not entirely rewrite it; and that the dark power of epistemic closure demands constant blood sacrifices, and eventually you run out of offerings.

Last but not least, they demonstrated that the culture wars are finally over (and they lost and there is no turning back the clock), we can all go home to progressive society that is more accepting that ever before of individual differences.

For all of these we should be grateful. So lets lift a drink and talk only well of politically irrelevant permanent minority GOP.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122088 10/16/13 08:45 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Boehner taps Dems to push budget deal across finish line

Boehner had to ask Nancy for help. It will probably cost him speakership, but he likely saved US from default. Until January.

62 percent of House Republicans oppose deal

Majority of House Republicans are unfit to govern.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122091 10/16/13 10:00 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
but he likely saved US from default. Until January.
Your ignorance of the constitution knows no bounds. The United States of American is constitutionally bound to pay its debts. Other things may not get paid for, and I'm sure this administration will make them as painful as possible (as they've shown they are want to do), but the simple fact is we cannot default until our debt gets so high that our tax income can no longer keep up.

Boehner had to ask Nancy for help.
That's so cute, you think Boehner and Pelosi don't regularly work together with Obama behind the scenes.

Sini #122094 10/17/13 12:38 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The fact that despite all the information I have seen you absorb here, your worldview still revolves around the false left-right dichotomy explains why your views on this issue are so off-kilter.

Derid #122102 10/17/13 01:59 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
No it isn't left-right, it is US vs. biblethumpers and anarchist that want to tear fabric of society.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122107 10/17/13 02:58 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
No it isn't left-right, it is US vs. biblethumpers and anarchist that want to tear fabric of society.
You're still making arguments (since this is what passes for an argument on your side) that have been refuted without rebutting the refutation. Who's the ideologue now?

Sini #122109 10/17/13 05:53 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I can visualize you on a street corner, foaming at the mouth ranting and raving, yelling this over and over and over...

foil

Sini #122110 10/17/13 05:55 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

I can visualize you on a street corner yelling this non-stop over and over, foaming at the mouth.

foil

Sini #122113 10/17/13 09:17 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I think attitude Sini shares is why zombies are such a staple of popular culture these days. Billionaires pop a a few million in the media machine when their agenda for the rest of us gets challenged, DailyKosers respond by going vapid , extending their arms and howling to eat the brains of the Establishment enemies.

On a subconscious level, most people get it.

Kaotic #122116 10/17/13 11:43 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The United States of American is constitutionally bound to pay its debts.

Try explaining this to GOP. They only seems to care for 2nd and nothing else.

Quote:
Other things may not get paid for...

You assume that there is ability to prioritize payments. That is big MAYBE.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122121 10/18/13 10:38 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Special thanks to Orange John, and Ted for furthering my political agenda farther that anything I could have ever imagined!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-party-favorability-sinks-record-low.aspx

I love you guys, and thanks!!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Sini #122125 10/19/13 10:58 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Special thanks to Orange John, and Ted for furthering my political agenda farther that anything I could have ever imagined!
You misunderstand what that means. Dems are also dropping. It is no longer a two party dichotomy, but keep ignoring the majority of the country. Its working to our advantage.

Other things may not get paid for...

You assume that there is ability to prioritize payments. That is big MAYBE.
Once again, you misunderstand. If the constitution is followed (that's your maybe) and we don't devolve into dictatorship, then our debts must be prioritized over literally everything else. But with the current administration's track record of ignoring and/or rewriting laws to suit their fancy, and congress's unwillingness to do anything about it, that is not an unlikely scenario.

JetStar #122127 10/19/13 02:36 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-party-favorability-sinks-record-low.aspx

I love you guys, and thanks!!

I assume your agenda is to bankrupt the country???????

Kaotic #122129 10/19/13 03:26 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
But with the current administration's track record of ignoring and/or rewriting laws

Really? You blaming "current administration" for bringing us to the brink of default?

[Linked Image]
Helemoto #122130 10/19/13 03:28 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
I assume your agenda is to bankrupt the country???????

If so, he would be cheering GOP, because there is no more sure and faster way to bankrupt the country than force unnecessary default.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122131 10/19/13 09:45 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
But with the current administration's track record of ignoring and/or rewriting laws

Really? You blaming "current administration" for bringing us to the brink of default?

How long do we have to wait before you stop blaming other admins for the problems of today. This admin is in its second term, please stop passing the blame.
If roles were reversed you would still blame the republicans.

Sini #122133 10/19/13 11:56 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You are such a disingenuous ass. You know good and damn well we are no where near "default" but keep playing thst record. It has served you wo well over the pastcouple months. Perhaps the folks who give you this barbage to regurgitate will pat you on the back for your steadfast adherence to their agenda.

*but since your brought it up, fucking yes this administration is responsible for the mess we arein. They promised to change things and yet they are following the same progressive agenda of the Bush admin. Congrats. Hows that hope and change workin out for ya?

Last edited by Kaotic; 10/19/13 11:58 PM. Reason: Cause fuck you that's why

Kaotic #122135 10/20/13 09:27 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
fucking yes this administration is responsible for the mess we are in.

Kaotic's weak grip on reality finally slipped and he got sucked past the event horizon of epistemic closure - where no information can reach him.

For anyone else, who just arrived from an alternative political reality here how things went here:

GOP pressured by Tea Party 2010 members of congress decided to manufacture government shutdown and threatened to cause US default in an attempt to force their political agenda. On the very last day before the deadline sane-er heads prevailed and default was averted with mostly democratic votes. After 16 days of government shutdown and hours before US debt default deadline 'clean' legislature was passed and disaster averted. For all of this political theater GOP was rewarded by nothing but plummeting polls due to ever-increasing percentage of general public came to late realization that GOP could not be trusted with governing.

[Linked Image]
Kaotic #122136 10/20/13 09:35 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

I fully support your constitutionally-protected right to engage in civil and political ignorance.

[Linked Image]
Kaotic #122137 10/20/13 09:46 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Hows that hope and change workin out for ya?

Shrinking federal deficit

Conservative Romanticism

Quote:
I wonder where these champions of government shrinkage were during George W. Bush's eight years of federal-government expansion, and why their calls to repeal Medicare Part D and defund the Transportation Security Administration are so much quieter than their calls to repeal and defund the Affordable Care Act.

Long Term Problems Ignored

Quote:
One reason the country keeps finding itself in this position is that legislators have adopted a style of government by torture. Once again, accepting something previously considered appalling proved preferable to compromise.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122140 10/20/13 10:46 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I think its funny that Sini chooses to take my drunken ramblings and pounce on them as though he has just won some sort of victory while actually ignoring the point I was making.

You posted something about Bush as though I was a champion of his and am now blaming Obama. The reality is that I was saying the same things under Bush, and when I point out to you that Obama is basically Bush 2.0 you start screaming about how terrible Bush was. Congratulations, your blinders are firmly in place and not likely to move any time soon.

Sini #122144 10/20/13 12:21 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
It isn't about specifically you. You say you opposed Bush policies and I chose to trust you on this. My point isn't about what you did or did not during Bush years, rather what conservative movement did or did not.

You can't deny that conservatives discovered fiscal responsibility and shrinking government the moment Obama got elected. In other words, it is _all_, including recent shutdown, a political theater.

It turned tragedy when Libertarians chose to side with Tea Party over recent shutdown. It showed that there isn't anyone that could be trusted to govern on the right.

Does it mean that left can be trusted? Not necessary, but we _know_ that currently there is no alternative to them.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122146 10/20/13 01:59 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I have been arguing that the Dems and Reps are the same thing for a long time now. The flip flopping you're pointing out is indicative of exactly that. They only oppose certain policies when its the other side carrying them out.

We fundamentally disagree about what responsible governance is though, so your choice to believe the Dems are your only recourse is just that, your choice. I think, as did our founders, that limited government is the way to go, and the libertarians and the tea party are the folks taking us there.

Sini #122148 10/20/13 04:19 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Sini thats a load of crap. The Left has been continuing the greatest looting and destruction of civil liberties in the history of the country. A completely intentional and cynical destruction of the middle class.

You have it backward.

We know the Left can no longer be trusted.

Yeah of course libertarian leaning people supported the shutdown. They were after all sent to Washington to oppose the mayhem being committed by the Establishment. These issues come down to the citizens vs the Establishment. You just happened to buy into the Establishment presstitutes' accounts of how the entire Big Govt apparatus is needed, and we need even more debt, etc.

Left and Right has nothing to do with it. Obama is no more liberal than Boehner is conservative. Its entirely a false narrative based around meaningless bullshit like abortion and gays.

Tea Party was born, from grassroots, due to fundamental acknowledgement that leadership of both parties was engineering the biggest wealth transfer from them, as ordinary folk, to the elites in history. After all it was originally a reaction to Bush. Too bad noone on the liberal side of the political spectrum is interested in the slightest in taking on the Establishment. If there was, they would be joining with the Tea Part and libertarians in using govt budget as a tool to force major reform.

Sini #122149 10/20/13 04:23 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
No, they are not talking us there. Limited government is still expected to pragmatically govern. If you show ideological unwillingness to govern then you are an anarchist. Even the most limited government imagined would still expect to honor its financial debts (no matter how small they are) and keep the light on in its very limited government offices.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122151 10/20/13 04:32 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The "shutdown" was just a partial slim-down, the whole "shutdown" crap is all hyperbole.

Debts and previously projected spending are different things.

USA has plenty of income to pay actual debts from revenue. Not raising ceiling would have been a less-than-catastrophic forcing of reduction of Fedgov not anarchy by any stretch. Without raising ceiling, FedGov still has a couple Trillion a year (forget exact number off top of head its over 2T though) of revenue to play with. Which is in no way shape or form arguable as a state of no-govt anarchy.

Tea Party however was willing to acquiesce to raising debt limit and full govt for a 1 year delay in the enforcement of the most regressive tax ever passed.

Sini #122155 10/21/13 06:40 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Random Internet Dude
""I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable""

--------------------------------------------------------

If there is any truth to this or numerous other similar reports flying about.... Obamas zero sum game over Pelosicare is going to backfire so big there might not be a Democrat party in 3 years.

Derid #122157 10/21/13 07:53 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Here is another one:

Originally Posted By: "Out of Sini's Gettin' Place"
"Today we had all-hands meeting at work and were told by the boss and owner that they no longer can afford keeping us on the insurance plan. All 10 of us were told to go on the exchange. Thanks Obama!

Despite technical glitches I made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. My wife has a preexisting condition (she is the body snatcher survivor) and our single-earner household income base is 45K-55K annually. I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $1234.00 with $12,345 yearly deductible!!! There is NO WAY that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that death panels determined that my wife will lose control of RonPal.com domain and get deported to Somalia unless I pay $5,432 fine that would be attached to my yearly income tax return. This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable"!!!

Derid, argument via hoax chain letters is failing below your already low standards.

I know you don't want to hear anything that contradicts your position, but please at least take time to read Politifact.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122160 10/21/13 08:40 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I have read politifact. However, politifact has been getting many things wrong lately. Its credibility has taken a huge hit the past 6 months.

Its also been exposing itself as a political hack job with an agenda.

No longer any type of respectable standard in reporting.

Derid #122162 10/21/13 08:48 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Its credibility has taken a huge hit the past 6 months.

No, your connection to reality took a huge hit in the past 6 months. Politifact is doing just fine.

public service/

To my surprise I watched you descend into Red-like level of disconnect. At least you are still civil. I am being honest when stating that I am concerned how badly poisoned your sources of information are. This is not our usual disagreement over intentions or interpretation, we moved over arguing (and denying in your case) factual and well-documented events. Re-evaluate where you get your information before you wake up at the birther rally and wonder where it all went wrong.

/public service

[Linked Image]
Sini #122164 10/21/13 09:00 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

This coming from someone who openly advocates closed, secretive govt with no standards of accountability as long as his "team" are the corrupt fools pulling shenanigans?

In any case, you should check your reading comprehension - I did not state it was true.. but simply if it was, the Dems are in for a lot of blowback. I have no objective way of knowing as of yet. (be damned if I send my personal info to Obamacare site, one of the things Politifact got wrong is they endorsed the idea that Obamacare site has strong privacy protections when the opposite itself is true. They think that just not storing the info on the site itself constitutes such protection which is bunk)

Politifact has made about 10 egregious errors/misdirections in recent memory. Enough that I dont take what they have to say at face value.

Sini #122166 10/21/13 09:45 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
They are actually technically 100% correct with privacy protection, website-privacy-protection and actually protecting your privacy are two different things. Website privacy protection usually means secure channel plus following privacy and disclosure policy they state. Nothing more nothing less.
----------
As to rest of your reply - be careful not to break your paddle with all this backpedaling you are doing. Yes, you have no objective way of knowing as of yet, so it is all empty demagoguery.

If you feel like just trolling with chain letters "Ron Pal thread is -----> way".

[Linked Image]
Derid #122167 10/21/13 10:42 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: "Random Internet Dude"
"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable""

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...gle-obamacare-/

Originally Posted By: "Politifact for the lazy"
Many readers sent us a Facebook post that went viral and has since been circulated by chain-email.

• "There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I ‘opt-out’ and chose to continue along with no insurance."

According to a spokesman for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the agency that runs the marketplace, this is not how the system works: "There's no way for people to complete the online application and then affirmatively ‘opt out’ at the end. They would simply close the website or not enroll in a plan."

• "I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me" about the fines I would face.

This is wrong on several levels. First, the system would not send any user an email if they failed to complete an application. Second, any fines would be calculated as part of the user’s overall income tax form 1040 -- they wouldn’t be sent as a bill. And third, any taxes would be owed by April 15, 2015 -- a year and a half from now. Someone being assessed a tax penalty by the Internal Revenue Service in early October doesn’t even make any sense, since the applicant has many weeks to find another insurance plan and avoid a penalty.

• "My fine would be $4,037."

This number is way out of line. Under the law, the penalty fee in 2014 is 1 percent of your yearly income or $95 per person for the year, whichever is higher. The fee increases every year. In 2016 it is 2.5 percent of income or $695 per person, whichever is higher.

If we are to take this Facebook user’s claims at face value -- that his "income base was 45K-55K annually"-- and if he has no dependents, he would not have to pay any more than $550, by 2015. To pay a penalty of $4,037 in 2014, you would need to be making making more than $403,700 a year.

• "Your drivers license will be suspended until paid."

CMS told PolitiFact that nobody’s driver's license will be suspended as a noncompliance penalty under the Affordable Care Act. Nothing in the law mentions that as a penalty, and driver’s licenses are administered by state governments.

• "If you go 24 consecutive months with ‘Non-Payment’ and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home."

A Treasury Department spokesperson confirmed that the law specifically bars the IRS from using their normal means of collecting unpaid taxes, including the use of liens and levy.

According to the law, the government "shall not (i) file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section, or (ii) levy on any such property with respect to such failure.’’

Instead, the only thing the IRS can do to collect fines is to subtract it from any tax refund you qualify for. If you aren’t due a refund, all the IRS can do is send you a letter.

Another section of the health care law protects citizens from any other form of punishment. "In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty (…) such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty," it says.

• "You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy ‘Automatically withdraw’ your ‘penalties’ weekly, bi-weekly or monthly!"

Don’t take online banking advice from a Facebook post. The Treasury Department warns citizens not to hand out bank information online.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122169 10/21/13 11:32 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I had read that, who knows how it will play out.

/shrug , not backpedaling to point out your typical lack of reading comprehension. You tend to read what you want to read , not what is actually written which is about half the reason you lose almost all the debates.

The point of the post was that many people are reporting major sticker shock. Whether its all made-up or whether the theme holds true for the general public remains to be seen. Time will tell, and I wouldnt put all my eggs in the politifact basket were I you.

As for the privacy issue, you made my point. Politifact taglines sell the idea that there are privacy protections. Simply based on the fact that the connection is (presumably) encrypted and data isnt stored long term on the site. The big leaks are in who it goes to, and to some degree how it goes. And how it is processed by said receiving entities. Your info goes to too many entities. The way politifact danced around this issue and used specious quotes to sell the idea that your privacy is protected is disingenuous at best.

Kaotic #122170 10/21/13 11:36 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
You are such a disingenuous ass. You know good and damn well we are no where near "default" but keep playing thst record. It has served you wo well over the pastcouple months. Perhaps the folks who give you this barbage to regurgitate will pat you on the back for your steadfast adherence to their agenda.

*but since your brought it up, fucking yes this administration is responsible for the mess we arein. They promised to change things and yet they are following the same progressive agenda of the Bush admin. Congrats. Hows that hope and change workin out for ya?

I love it!

I hope you didnt wake up with a horrible hang over and find out you got gay married in Vegas :-)

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Sini #122171 10/21/13 12:00 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Some more sticker shock. Since Sinij didnt seem to appreciate the random anecdotal example that fits the profile of something he himself would post.

Chico Tribune:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-...health-coverage

It should be noted that Chicago Tribune is of course extremely pro Obama.

California San Jose Mercury News

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_24248486/obamacares-winners-and-losers-bay-area

Another pro-Obama paper

Sn Fran Gate

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Health-insurance-shoppers-suffer-sticker-shock-4872701.php

Another extremely pro Obama paper on sticker shock

----------------------

Of course there are tons of other articles floating about , but since you only accept info from extremely proven pro-Obama sources I stuck with those.

Derid #122172 10/21/13 12:31 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The point of the post was that many people are reporting major sticker shock. Whether its all made-up or whether the theme holds true for the general public remains to be seen.

This is better way to state this issue, and I actually agree. ACA is not as affordable as many would like it to be. I suspect that subsidies will be expanded to compensate (and that would be a very bad thing for containing government spending) and taxed raised to generate revenue.

Quote:
The way politifact danced around this issue and used specious quotes to sell the idea that your privacy is protected is disingenuous at best.

It isn't "dancing" but rather going with technical definition. You could argue that technical definition is misunderstood and should be explained, but instead your point was that they lied. They did not lie.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122173 10/21/13 01:17 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I did not say they were lying as in telling a direct falsehood. Disingenuous used as here would be synonymous with not being candid, and not fully going into the topic of privacy. If a lie, one by omission.

Politifact often does more fully examine an issue to give an overall rating. Quite often they have a "yes this is technically true/false in this regard.... BUT"

Not in this case. They simply had a tagline of "there is privacy protection" or something along those lines, while carefully addressing the issue almost entirely along lines of web-security procedure in relation to some ecommerce sites.

They are now cherry picking when and where to go into more detail and a broader examination of issues, and as a result utilizing their reputation as assembling most of the *relevant* facts to a discussion to give a false impression.

Thus, I have been giving them large black marks.

They also appear to be heavy on the support-wagon for Obamacare and Common Core.

They have also been outright wrong a few times on some issues, but I will only bother to examine that here if it becomes relevant.

Derid #122178 10/21/13 04:49 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You do realize that your furious backpedaling on another issue in the single thread set a new kind of record? You are not winning any prizes in this thread, so I guess it is time for you declare yet another victory over reason and proceed to rest on laurels of your flawless record.

"They are now cherry picking when and where to go into more detail" reads a lot like "I don't like when they disagree with my side".

[Linked Image]
JetStar #122180 10/21/13 05:14 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I hope you didnt wake up with a horrible hang over and find out you got gay married in Vegas :-)
Why would you not want me to get gay married? What's wrong with gay marriage? :D

I don't have hangovers. Never have. Yes, its glorious to be me. :)

Sini #122181 10/21/13 08:51 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
You do realize that your furious backpedaling on another issue in the single thread set a new kind of record? You are not winning any prizes in this thread, so I guess it is time for you declare yet another victory over reason and proceed to rest on laurels of your flawless record.

"They are now cherry picking when and where to go into more detail" reads a lot like "I don't like when they disagree with my side".

Trollololol

I love how you go straight to full-tilt trolling whenever you get called out on putting words in peoples mouth.

Its so cute <3 <3

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard