KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Kaotic #122137 10/20/13 09:46 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Hows that hope and change workin out for ya?

Shrinking federal deficit

Conservative Romanticism

Quote:
I wonder where these champions of government shrinkage were during George W. Bush's eight years of federal-government expansion, and why their calls to repeal Medicare Part D and defund the Transportation Security Administration are so much quieter than their calls to repeal and defund the Affordable Care Act.

Long Term Problems Ignored

Quote:
One reason the country keeps finding itself in this position is that legislators have adopted a style of government by torture. Once again, accepting something previously considered appalling proved preferable to compromise.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122140 10/20/13 10:46 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I think its funny that Sini chooses to take my drunken ramblings and pounce on them as though he has just won some sort of victory while actually ignoring the point I was making.

You posted something about Bush as though I was a champion of his and am now blaming Obama. The reality is that I was saying the same things under Bush, and when I point out to you that Obama is basically Bush 2.0 you start screaming about how terrible Bush was. Congratulations, your blinders are firmly in place and not likely to move any time soon.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini #122144 10/20/13 12:21 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
It isn't about specifically you. You say you opposed Bush policies and I chose to trust you on this. My point isn't about what you did or did not during Bush years, rather what conservative movement did or did not.

You can't deny that conservatives discovered fiscal responsibility and shrinking government the moment Obama got elected. In other words, it is _all_, including recent shutdown, a political theater.

It turned tragedy when Libertarians chose to side with Tea Party over recent shutdown. It showed that there isn't anyone that could be trusted to govern on the right.

Does it mean that left can be trusted? Not necessary, but we _know_ that currently there is no alternative to them.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122146 10/20/13 01:59 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I have been arguing that the Dems and Reps are the same thing for a long time now. The flip flopping you're pointing out is indicative of exactly that. They only oppose certain policies when its the other side carrying them out.

We fundamentally disagree about what responsible governance is though, so your choice to believe the Dems are your only recourse is just that, your choice. I think, as did our founders, that limited government is the way to go, and the libertarians and the tea party are the folks taking us there.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini #122148 10/20/13 04:19 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Sini thats a load of crap. The Left has been continuing the greatest looting and destruction of civil liberties in the history of the country. A completely intentional and cynical destruction of the middle class.

You have it backward.

We know the Left can no longer be trusted.

Yeah of course libertarian leaning people supported the shutdown. They were after all sent to Washington to oppose the mayhem being committed by the Establishment. These issues come down to the citizens vs the Establishment. You just happened to buy into the Establishment presstitutes' accounts of how the entire Big Govt apparatus is needed, and we need even more debt, etc.

Left and Right has nothing to do with it. Obama is no more liberal than Boehner is conservative. Its entirely a false narrative based around meaningless bullshit like abortion and gays.

Tea Party was born, from grassroots, due to fundamental acknowledgement that leadership of both parties was engineering the biggest wealth transfer from them, as ordinary folk, to the elites in history. After all it was originally a reaction to Bush. Too bad noone on the liberal side of the political spectrum is interested in the slightest in taking on the Establishment. If there was, they would be joining with the Tea Part and libertarians in using govt budget as a tool to force major reform.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #122149 10/20/13 04:23 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
No, they are not talking us there. Limited government is still expected to pragmatically govern. If you show ideological unwillingness to govern then you are an anarchist. Even the most limited government imagined would still expect to honor its financial debts (no matter how small they are) and keep the light on in its very limited government offices.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122151 10/20/13 04:32 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The "shutdown" was just a partial slim-down, the whole "shutdown" crap is all hyperbole.

Debts and previously projected spending are different things.

USA has plenty of income to pay actual debts from revenue. Not raising ceiling would have been a less-than-catastrophic forcing of reduction of Fedgov not anarchy by any stretch. Without raising ceiling, FedGov still has a couple Trillion a year (forget exact number off top of head its over 2T though) of revenue to play with. Which is in no way shape or form arguable as a state of no-govt anarchy.

Tea Party however was willing to acquiesce to raising debt limit and full govt for a 1 year delay in the enforcement of the most regressive tax ever passed.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #122155 10/21/13 06:40 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Random Internet Dude
""I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable""

--------------------------------------------------------

If there is any truth to this or numerous other similar reports flying about.... Obamas zero sum game over Pelosicare is going to backfire so big there might not be a Democrat party in 3 years.

Derid #122157 10/21/13 07:53 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Here is another one:

Originally Posted By: "Out of Sini's Gettin' Place"
"Today we had all-hands meeting at work and were told by the boss and owner that they no longer can afford keeping us on the insurance plan. All 10 of us were told to go on the exchange. Thanks Obama!

Despite technical glitches I made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. My wife has a preexisting condition (she is the body snatcher survivor) and our single-earner household income base is 45K-55K annually. I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $1234.00 with $12,345 yearly deductible!!! There is NO WAY that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that death panels determined that my wife will lose control of RonPal.com domain and get deported to Somalia unless I pay $5,432 fine that would be attached to my yearly income tax return. This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable"!!!

Derid, argument via hoax chain letters is failing below your already low standards.

I know you don't want to hear anything that contradicts your position, but please at least take time to read Politifact.

[Linked Image]
Sini #122160 10/21/13 08:40 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I have read politifact. However, politifact has been getting many things wrong lately. Its credibility has taken a huge hit the past 6 months.

Its also been exposing itself as a political hack job with an agenda.

No longer any type of respectable standard in reporting.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard