Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
Hey you dipshit politicisations, leave education, healthcare, & SSI/disability/retirement alone & tax the rich fairly!!!

If you want a fair tax, then you need to write you congressman telling them that's you want one. We need a NEW tax system PERIOD! Whether it's totally a consumer based Tax or a flat tax. Either way, the system we have now is seriously flawed. I think if we had a national flat tax of 2% along with a consumer based tax at 15% and NO federal income tax, getting rid of the I.R.S. that would be as close to fair as you can get. If you have a flat tax of 15% for everyone, the more money you make the more taxes you would pay. Lets face it, taxing 15% on $50,000 is chump change when you tax %5 million at 15%. That's $7,500 tax on (50K) compared to $750,000 ($5millon). But the biggest issue isn't really the revenue of taxes, it's the SPENDING that is the problem. If you have to rob peter to pay paul, then you have some serious financial issues. In which SPENDING is the problem. Sure it would be a DREAM to have everyone make $100K a year, and have healthcare, free education and all the entitlements you want. But, this is nothing but a dream. You can have programs that help people for a limited time, but not for a goddamn lifetime. Like Welfare, there are a lot of people on welfare that are able to work, but they are just to fucking lazy.

I think SSI/Disability is something that is needed for the people that are truely disabled and cannot work in a regular work enviroment. There are flaws in that system as well. People say they are disabled and have fooled the system in labeling them as disabled when they really are not. I have a worthless piece of shit cousin that fits this mold. He's as abled bodied as anyone I've ever met, Yet he's drawing SSI. I have no idea how he convinced them to give him SSI. I don't think being a dumbass qualifies you for SSI. I think you need to have some issues, his issues are that he is simply being a lazy fucker, that is a dumbass. People like him should just take a walk into oncoming traffic.

Ok back on track... You want to know why companies are going overseas? Because it's cheaper labor, cheaper taxes which leads to more profit. In turn leads to making the company bigger, hiring more people. Since it's cheaper to do it overseas, guess who gets hired? YES, the people overseas. I know this stuff is rocket science. And it takes a lot of critical thinking figuring out why we have over 9% unemployment and has been that way much of the last 3 years. Bottom line, if you keep taking more and more profit away from companies, they will simply go somewhere and make their product where they can profit from it. When you have a company, you don't say, well I've made a million dollars this year. I think I'll just stay just the way it is because I don't want to make anymore money than that. You can never stand pat as a company, the way you grow is to innovate and create better more efficient processes for your product to work at the cheapest cost. If companies didn't do that and always strive for that, then NONE of them would last very long.
Here is a breakdown of who pays the indivdual income tax, within a year.
The top 1% of earners in the U.S. paid nearly 39% of the taxes in 2010. At a tax rate of a little over 23%.
Top 5% paid 58% tax
Top 10% paid 69% tax
Top 25% paid 83% tax
Top 50% paid 97% bottom of the top 50% was a little over $33,000/year.
Bottom 50% paid 3% If you make less than $33k/year you would pay virtually no taxes.
http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/250.html#Data

Last edited by Wolfgang; 08/20/11 11:23 AM.