I don't have any more love for Bush than I have for Obama. They are, or were, the president of the country I am proud to be a citizen of, and as such they deserve and receive my respect, period. But thanks for the character assasination against all of us who disagree with you politically. Congratulations, you've graduated from "Liberalism 101: Name calling and insult slinging."

As for Glenn Beck, I don't guess I understand why he gets under your skin so much. He's just a talking head. Why is this such a big deal, and who cares anyway?

Iraq:
First, I understand that the war there was primarily a misguided effort to take advantage of the situation and attempt to bring stability to the middle east so that oil prices would stay low. Obviously that didn't work.
Second, whether they found any this time around or not you cannot deny that Sadam had WMDs. He used them on his own people, slaughtering tens of thousands of them. But that's cool, they're just dirty arabs anyway, right? I don't see anyone other than Cindy Sheehan jumping up and down screaming about Libya, where's your recriminations for Obama's attack on a sovereign nation?

I'm torn on Libya just like I was on Iraq. But, I do have respect for my president, both of them, for making decisions that I think are particularly difficult. Since I'm not privvy to all of the information they have available to them, sometimes I have to accept the decisions they make and assume they know something that I don't that makes their decision the right one. You will not often hear me make disparaging remarks about a particular presidential decision. I will however, from time to time, make comments about my perception of their general policies based on my observation of their individual decisions. That, I believe, is the necessary duty of every citizen who would remain a citizen of a free country. Too many people not paying attention to these things leads to tyranny.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither and will certainly lose both" -Benjamin Franklin

Libery isn't cheap, free or easy, but it's worth every ounce of blood, sweat and tears to keep it.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]