Originally Posted By: Drakiis
well I know the attention span of ADD gamers, and I can tell you that from my experience when I tell someone they were just confronted by a rather large and hungry Ogre named Bob, and they look up from their cell phone, or laptop with a blank look in their eye and ask how that got by them, and why is it happening, then I get called for being exsessively unfair, it pisses me off because had they been paying attention they'd have known why and how, and it certainly shows a great deal of disrespect to me and those who are playing, technology has it's place I am not saying it doesn't, I wouldn't be here if I thought that way, I just feel that it needs to be tightly controlled for some aspects of D&D. If guys are fondling their miniatures or checking football scores then their fucking with the program and should have just stayed home.

Which is precisely why this thing is GOOD. Notice how the players are all clustered around the table (like we all were when we first found D&D when we were 12) instead of spread out all over the room and playing with their laptops and cell phones.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]