hey I am old school what can I say, I still enjoy playing in and running 1st and 2nd Edition D&D. All I was seeing were players fascinated with the dice roller, the stat blocks, and imaging which is why I got bent, if you can't picture something using your imagination then your a fucking retard, and while I agree it will make all of this easier;

Quote:
having to keep up with character sheets and dice bags. Most of the folks I've gamed with recently are all dragging around laptops to do all of the stuff this thing does anyway. But best of all it looks like this thing keeps up with what your scores are and with what actions you can take. I bet it cuts down on rules lawyering and lies about die rolls too.

I worry that any time you present your players with distractions, and/or situations where they don't need to ask questions to understand their environment it creates a situation where they are not thinking, or concentrating because they are too busy admiring or tinkering around with those things instead of listening and participating. I have seen it happen so many times with so many different role playing groups. If the technology is handled responsibly by the whole group, or the GM controls how its used and when then there may be a way to use it and still maintain the focus and participation levels of your group, otherwise the guys/girls will just sit back eat Doritos, drink coke, and let the technology do the thinking for them.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]