NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

As a purist I have to say this is fucking so wrong I don't even know where to start. First off role playing is about developing a character, like a actor portrays a role, your building the persona and interacting with other persona or characters. Character concepts being key here people. If your just boiling role playing down to stat crunching your a "min-maxer" and missing the point of role playings fundamental purpose. There are several types of role players but imho only one that matters

Harlequin Romancers - People (usually couples) who play for the deep passions, steamy sexual innuendos, and erotic fetishes of being someone else, usually these misguided people play Vampire role playing games, and do what I like to call "pulling a New Moon"

Min-Maxers - These are the stat crunchers, the fantasy football guys who transitioned into a new realm of gaming from their old one, and while it is true they usually understand the rules and have the game dialed in to a fine point so much so that they are able to build a character template that is uber bad ass, they also quite ironically are the dumbest players, because when it comes to playing using their imagination they fail epically, a lot of video gamers fit in this bracket too.

Shakespearean - These are your thee and thou art types, who fail to grasp that some concessions need to be made to play a game in the 20th century, not everything can be period, otherwise the enjoyment of the game fails.

Realist - These guys are worse then Shakespearean types due to the fact that they put too much of a healthy dose of realism in their game, so real in fact that a players character won't live past level one, if he in fact allows his players to even start at level one, a realist wants his players characters to live and experience things as they should be or were in the medieval times, in a historical context.

Mickey Mouse - These campaigns are child's play literally, your a super hero for all intents and purposes, and you can kill a hundred guys 7 levels higher then you.

Monty Haulers - Everything you do under a GM or in a game with these guys yields wealth and riches and magic items and all the goodies you could ever want.

I classify myself as a Thespian/Purist. I believe in making the game fun, accessible, and welcoming, however you play it as it stands, use your gray matter, figure out things for yourself, use your imagination dammit, that's what God gave it to you for, be creative, learn problem solving skills and leadership within a team environment, envision your character concept,and play that part as a real actor might. When you dumb a game like this down all your really doing is inviting people to be lazier.

For MMORPG's that's fine but for table top role playing it will kill off our last great means for true story telling, and socialization, with the advent of miniatures, maps, laptops, dice rollers, and various other things this game gets killed off more and more each year. While some things are nice to use to expedite a game, over use hurts it, that's why it's called ROLE playing not ROLL playing. I watched that video and I kept asking myself, where is the story, and why are they fighting in the first place? However nowhere in the video is anything mentioned about story which is a principle aspect to role playing.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]