Originally Posted By: Owain
Originally Posted By: Instrument
new update on player group setups in SC
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13418-All-About-Organizations

which leads to the question what will the 6 ranks of KGB be called?
the default is

Rank 0 – Recruit
Rank 1 – Lieutenant
Rank 2 – Captain
Rank 3 – Lieutenant Colonel
Rank 4 – Colonel
Rank 5 – General

If we are going Air Force/Marine aviation ranks, you are missing
2.5 Major

If we are thinking Naval, it would be
1 Ensign
2 Lieutenant
3 Lieutenant Commander
4 Commander
5 Captain
6 Admiral

If there is any place for Fleet Marines, both would be appropriate, although both are odd with no enlisted grades. Too much accuracy, I suppose.

Typically Sea (Space) and Land (Close Quarters Combat, Marines) would run parallel to each other, however normally marine ranks consist of majority enlisted ranks with few officers. Typically a captain (O-3) would be in charge of a company while anything lower than that would be taken care of by a lieutenant or higher ranking enlisted member. Unless we grow to be quite large in Star Citizen I can't see our Marine ranks growing to be any larger than the Company level which would allow for maybe one or two individuals above the rank of Captain to oversee all Marine operations.

The naval side of things seems to be where the bread and butter of this game will be from my limited involvement in watching videos and reading about it. I think we'd be able to have a full range of Naval ranks to include officers and enlisted support and operational chains of command. The dynamic of some of the larger ships requiring multiple crew members to operate means that people would be able to specialize and thus progress in their particular area of expertise while still serving as combat troops whenever needed.

But with the in-game ranks limited to only 6, I would just hope they allow for a comments / note section so at least we could define specialties or KGB specific ranks.

Last edited by Exey; 12/13/15 11:29 PM.