I consider that age-related more than anything. Of course a lot of people here eat too much of it. But its not like drinking a soda immediately makes you sick. The problem is some people make an entire lifestyle out of poor foods, by choice, and of course it catches up with them when they are older. So I suppose technically speaking, it is not the sugar I consider bad in of itself per se - its the overall diet over a long period of time. Humans seem to be designed for a balanced diet, and diets that focus too much on many things - including fats, proteins, sugars... over a long period of time seem to be unhealthy.

Though I would say its worth noting that I would end Govt subsidy of corn/corn sugar in a heartbeat. First because its silly to subsidize it, and secondly said subsidies almost certainly help drive the over consumption of sugar to a significant degree.

Artificially making less healthy food less costly than other foods seems to me to be completely silly.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)