KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,015,008 Trump card
1,338,501 Picture Thread
477,581 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#98344 02/09/12 12:49 PM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I have had several direct communications with Higby over the last several months now about putting together an option for Clan level invites into Beta. After much discussion and having an open dialogue about his concerns and Beta limitations I think I may have finally brokered some middle ground that Higgles thinks he maybe able to push. The end of GDC (Game Developers Conf.) which is the next major engagement for PS2 should bare some new information for KGB.

The premise would be that those who are tagged as a "Clan" Beta invite would have to log an average of 10 hours a week in game testing. Additionally those in this program would have to participate in the stress testing of the "Unit" functionality of that game mechanic. Higby went on to say that based on some simple SQL querries they would monitor activity and then revoke beta access for Clans who were not living up to the arrangement. There were several other moving parts to this discussion, and I am not going to get into them right now.

So, here is the deal at a high level, with no commitment on SOE's part.

SOE Requirements
1) You have to have an active SOE Station Account
2) You have to have applied to the PS2 Beta with the email account on file for said active SOE Station Account.
3) Your Station Account has to be in good standing.
4) Your play time in PS2 must exceed "X" amount of hours per week.
5) You must participate in active feedback of a quantitative and qualitative basis that is value added (See: No whining)
6) You must participate in a majority of dedicated stress tests.

KGB Requirements
1) There will be a prime time engagement every night of the week.
2) You must participate in 2 out of 7 prime time engagements a week.
3) You will group up in a squad and you will work on squad mechanics. While not all of your play time will be dedicated to this, at fair percentage will.
4) Anyone who goes inactive (see: MIA) will be removed from the "Clan" beta invite.

This is a work in progress and subject to change without notice as we are at the whim of SOE and a squirrel begging for a nut in their world.

If you are interested in PS2 Beta access I highly suggest that you go to SOE - Station Account and either ensure your Account is active and you have access to it or register a new account.

Then you need to take note of the email address of your Active Station Account and then go to PS2 Official Site and on the bottom right hand corner submit your request for Beta Access and ensure the email you enter is the same email as your Active Station Account.

That is all.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Titties and Beer!

Well done and you know I'm game.. I spend that time and more in PS1 now each week.. Planned business trip to Brazil has been cancelled so I should be around for several months if not until Oct of this year.

One question.. This "clan" status.. Lets say we have 10 people opting in and we get accepted/etc. As time progresses 5 of those people are not holding up to the time requirement, nor the ability to value add; does the entire clan suffer or just those in the clan invite? In simple terms, if 5 of 10 stop testing do we all get shafted or just the 5 not playing?

Cheers,
~Icky

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
beep beep bop beep boop...

:query unknown:

bop beep boop...

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
That is in the minutia right now Itchy. I had provided that scenario to Higgles about would you boot the entire 10 accounts out of Clan Beta, or would you just nuke the 5 accounts that had gone inactive. He really didn't have a response and provided input that the scenario was to far down the road to comment on so I provided an option.

We would retain the 5 MIA accounts as the accounts themselves are managed with access info as part of the requirement to participate as a KGB member. That account info would only be privy to the one trusted man here, His Royal Highness, HIGH KING JETSTAR. When an individual goes MIA we would then request that the account be provided for the next individual who can commit to the requirements and fulfill them.

It's a big "What if" right now anyways, but at least the discussion has started and Higgles had good things to say about the behind the scenes conversation KGB is driving.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Pick pick me I've had a station account since 99

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Great info Tas and thank you for the time and contribution..

It's time to kick KGB up on the front lines for titles like this and I'm all ready to contribute what's needed to try and achieve it! :)

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Rotating accounts is win. Worked in DF and Rift.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Nice work Tas! I hope you all are able to participate and hate that I won't have time. Do us proud!

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Posting from my phone.

I am out there working it as hard as I can.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Have completed all the listed items above and received the confirmation of beta registration. Begining next week can provide 15 hours a week for beta testing. If not picked, as I have not played PS1 it is understandable. Looking forward to it, let me know!!

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard