KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,252 Trump card
1,339,188 Picture Thread
478,020 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#98344 02/09/12 12:49 PM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I have had several direct communications with Higby over the last several months now about putting together an option for Clan level invites into Beta. After much discussion and having an open dialogue about his concerns and Beta limitations I think I may have finally brokered some middle ground that Higgles thinks he maybe able to push. The end of GDC (Game Developers Conf.) which is the next major engagement for PS2 should bare some new information for KGB.

The premise would be that those who are tagged as a "Clan" Beta invite would have to log an average of 10 hours a week in game testing. Additionally those in this program would have to participate in the stress testing of the "Unit" functionality of that game mechanic. Higby went on to say that based on some simple SQL querries they would monitor activity and then revoke beta access for Clans who were not living up to the arrangement. There were several other moving parts to this discussion, and I am not going to get into them right now.

So, here is the deal at a high level, with no commitment on SOE's part.

SOE Requirements
1) You have to have an active SOE Station Account
2) You have to have applied to the PS2 Beta with the email account on file for said active SOE Station Account.
3) Your Station Account has to be in good standing.
4) Your play time in PS2 must exceed "X" amount of hours per week.
5) You must participate in active feedback of a quantitative and qualitative basis that is value added (See: No whining)
6) You must participate in a majority of dedicated stress tests.

KGB Requirements
1) There will be a prime time engagement every night of the week.
2) You must participate in 2 out of 7 prime time engagements a week.
3) You will group up in a squad and you will work on squad mechanics. While not all of your play time will be dedicated to this, at fair percentage will.
4) Anyone who goes inactive (see: MIA) will be removed from the "Clan" beta invite.

This is a work in progress and subject to change without notice as we are at the whim of SOE and a squirrel begging for a nut in their world.

If you are interested in PS2 Beta access I highly suggest that you go to SOE - Station Account and either ensure your Account is active and you have access to it or register a new account.

Then you need to take note of the email address of your Active Station Account and then go to PS2 Official Site and on the bottom right hand corner submit your request for Beta Access and ensure the email you enter is the same email as your Active Station Account.

That is all.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Titties and Beer!

Well done and you know I'm game.. I spend that time and more in PS1 now each week.. Planned business trip to Brazil has been cancelled so I should be around for several months if not until Oct of this year.

One question.. This "clan" status.. Lets say we have 10 people opting in and we get accepted/etc. As time progresses 5 of those people are not holding up to the time requirement, nor the ability to value add; does the entire clan suffer or just those in the clan invite? In simple terms, if 5 of 10 stop testing do we all get shafted or just the 5 not playing?

Cheers,
~Icky

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
beep beep bop beep boop...

:query unknown:

bop beep boop...

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
That is in the minutia right now Itchy. I had provided that scenario to Higgles about would you boot the entire 10 accounts out of Clan Beta, or would you just nuke the 5 accounts that had gone inactive. He really didn't have a response and provided input that the scenario was to far down the road to comment on so I provided an option.

We would retain the 5 MIA accounts as the accounts themselves are managed with access info as part of the requirement to participate as a KGB member. That account info would only be privy to the one trusted man here, His Royal Highness, HIGH KING JETSTAR. When an individual goes MIA we would then request that the account be provided for the next individual who can commit to the requirements and fulfill them.

It's a big "What if" right now anyways, but at least the discussion has started and Higgles had good things to say about the behind the scenes conversation KGB is driving.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Pick pick me I've had a station account since 99

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Great info Tas and thank you for the time and contribution..

It's time to kick KGB up on the front lines for titles like this and I'm all ready to contribute what's needed to try and achieve it! :)

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Rotating accounts is win. Worked in DF and Rift.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Nice work Tas! I hope you all are able to participate and hate that I won't have time. Do us proud!

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Posting from my phone.

I am out there working it as hard as I can.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Have completed all the listed items above and received the confirmation of beta registration. Begining next week can provide 15 hours a week for beta testing. If not picked, as I have not played PS1 it is understandable. Looking forward to it, let me know!!

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I have been registered since 12/25.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Magusto
Have completed all the listed items above and received the confirmation of beta registration. Begining next week can provide 15 hours a week for beta testing. If not picked, as I have not played PS1 it is understandable. Looking forward to it, let me know!!

No one has been picked yet. No one has received any beta invites yet. No one knows when beta is going to be or how long beta will last.

Stay Tuned.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Originally Posted By: Magusto

No one has been picked yet. No one has received any beta invites yet. No one knows when beta is going to be or how long beta will last.

Stay Tuned.

Tas no biggie, just letting you know that you have a KGB knight ready to do whatever it takes to represent KGB. I will keep tuned!! [watching]

Last edited by Magusto; 02/11/12 12:57 AM.

[Linked Image from img401.imageshack.us]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
At first I was like "shit, my european hours prevent me from playing with the gang during the week".
Then I read about rotating accounts. And even alone during the week I'd blast those 10H/week of gameplay easily. So if some account can be shared with someone playing early morning for you, I'd go bonkers if picked.

Also: you rox Tas, but come get some action in BF3.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I put down the BF3 for tribes ascend. awwww skate skate skate skate

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
I put down the BF3 for tribes ascend. awwww skate skate skate skate

I was gonna write that BF3 is available unlinke Tribes. Until I checked and saw the fucker was already in closed beta. Guess it's time to play some faster paced FPS.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
im in as long as we got some night time battles that i can participate in.

i meet all the requirements baby ;)

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Arkh
At first I was like "shit, my european hours prevent me from playing with the gang during the week".
Then I read about rotating accounts. And even alone during the week I'd blast those 10H/week of gameplay easily. So if some account can be shared with someone playing early morning for you, I'd go bonkers if picked.

Also: you rox Tas, but come get some action in BF3.

No one will be excluded from the opportunity to participate. One we know more and can understand what is being asked of us we can then move forward. The only thing to this point that I ask that you actually participate on as much of as an active basis as you can or are willing to commit.

I just wanted to share that we (Drakiis, Donk, and Itchy have committed a lot of time and effort as well)have been working to gain the Clan as much access as we can. I even put the troll voodoo down and have sucked it up and played nice on the unofficial community website Planetside Universe.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I would be interested and could attend nightly, while choosing two nights to play from basically 7pm CST - whenever.

I have already applied for beta, do I need to do anything at this time further to extend my chances?

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Tobacco
I would be interested and could attend nightly, while choosing two nights to play from basically 7pm CST - whenever.

I have already applied for beta, do I need to do anything at this time further to extend my chances?

Nope you are golden.

I would like to point out as well, this Clan Beta Invite is a work in progress, and nothing has been agreed too by SOE or Higby.

As it stands right now we are on our own to get into Beta as individuals. Which is why it is so important that you sign up for the Beta with your Active Station Account.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
As of today it was confirmed by Matt Higby that all PS1 players whose Station Account shows they purchased PS1 at some point (Be the subscription active or inactive as of today) will gain first shot at Beta invites.

Let me stress this point yet again. It is imperative that you log into your Station Account and make sure it has your PS1 title in the list of "Games".

Then you must check and make sure that the Station Account Email assigned as your contact email is still active and valid. Then you MUST go to the Planetside 2 Official website and register that Station Account email as the email for your beta account.

Originally Posted By: Matt Higby

PS1 players, Fan Faire 2011 attendees and PC Gamer keys will have first access to beta once it begins.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
BIG BIG BIG BIG News!

That is right Ninja's. We have a way as well to get people in for sure, and not hope they get an invite through the pool.

PC Gamer Magazine's April issue will (Both news stand and subscription) will have a PS2 Beta Key. The expectation is that Closed beta will start in the very end of April or the start of May 2012.

If you don't want to take a chance on getting in via the open pool for Beta you can purchase the PC Gamer April magazine and get a key that way.

Check it out at PC Gamer Magazine

Magazine will be on news stands Feb 28th in the US.

With those Beta keys going out starting Feb 28th I sent Higby a PM and posed the question "So if 1 + 1 = 2, and PC Gamer is giving away keys, then those of us with a Station account and PS1 who registered should be getting our Beta emails at the same time, no?"

Higby responded with "I can promise you that the PS1 Vets won't get left out in the cold and will be the first ones with Beta access."

I would expect that by the end of April we should be in Beta going Pew Pew die Barney die!

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
For the record, I will be purchasing a couple of magazines for the beta keys and setting up KGB PS2 Beta gmail accounts so that we have a pool of rotational accounts.

I just want to say, anyone who gets access to a rotational account and goes in and changes the login and password for the account will draw out ire in me not seen since the last time someone hit my baby sister and I almost killed someone with my bare hands.

Yeah its like that. I trust all of you to do the right thing, don't let me down.

I am hoping we have a pool of 5-10 rotational accounts that are open access to KGB members who would like to check out the game in Beta, be it prime time or off hours. Just be ready that there may be a high demand during prime time for account access. Everyone who wants some stick time will get some stick time, just be patient about getting your chance.

I am thinking of using the "Library" process and having people check out the account.

/discuss

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
For the record, I will be purchasing a couple of magazines for the beta keys and setting up KGB PS2 Beta gmail accounts so that we have a pool of rotational accounts.

I just want to say, anyone who gets access to a rotational account and goes in and changes the login and password for the account will draw out ire in me not seen since the last time someone hit my baby sister and I almost killed someone with my bare hands.

Yeah its like that. I trust all of you to do the right thing, don't let me down.

I am hoping we have a pool of 5-10 rotational accounts that are open access to KGB members who would like to check out the game in Beta, be it prime time or off hours. Just be ready that there may be a high demand during prime time for account access. Everyone who wants some stick time will get some stick time, just be patient about getting your chance.

I am thinking of using the "Library" process and having people check out the account.

/discuss

As one who has setup KGB GMail accounts for MB:Warband in the past I can say there is a recovery portion you can have it email you, at the other account, to reset the password.

In fact, you can just use the 2 that I have already and add additional ones to fit the bill if you like. I can get you the 2-3 I have already tied to my personal acct for recovery.

As well you shouldn't need much after you personally activate the beta on the email in the way of others accessing the GMail account. Just keep it secure and let them use the login/pwd to the game. More to manage (if you can even say that) but you'll retain ownership.

/reply

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I was talking about changing the login and password for the Station Account. But that post was also me in a really pissy mood after getting reamed out by a Sr. Director about "Not getting him all his damn money from a crappy supplier." Never mind the fact we returned 12% performance and retired $42M in risk, enabling this Sr. Dir to go out and re contract the parts and services.

I love me some peter principal.

After re reading my post, the other thing you shouldn't do when mad....make posts.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Tas,

One other thing.. right now we are unsure as to how many characters you can have on a beta account. In thinking this anyone on the KGB Rotational Account #1 would have to play the same character if only 1 is allowed.

I would presume there would be easy respec of certs so people could easily test things instead of grinding up to fly a Mosquito only to re-roll and level up to drive a vanguard -or- waiting the arbitrary time of X mins/hours to respect only a portion of their certs but if not you will have people building a character that others will play and possibly build against not to the liking of the other users or Rotational Account #1; if you get my gist.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Here is the thing.

You can have every skill.

You can't be everything at once.

Rotational accounts will benefit from playtime and hours both online and offline skilling up whatever on whatever tree the previous person was working on. Instead of having to re-roll when the rotational account changes hands, you simple have to skill up what you would like to play that anyone else has played before you didn't skill up. Side benefit being, the rotational account still can choose from any of the previous skills in any of the other trees when choosing their load out.

No one knows what the cool down timer is going to be when switching in and out skills up to your toons skill cap. One would assume a 5 minuet cool down would be reasonable for changing skill load outs. I would surmise if there were a total of say 100 skills, and every skill was worth 1 skill point to your total skill points allowed before you cap, that 25 skill points would be a decent skill point cap.

That is the versatility of building custom classes that PS2 is suppose to provide. Now the question will be is can they really find that many viable options out the entire skill system with all the available combinations.

Then layer on the skill combinations the effect of a side grade by slots on every thing in the game. Armor, weapons, kits and vehicles.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Oh, it was said by Higby that once your account chose a faction on a server, you could not make another toon on that account on one of the other 2 factions on that same server.

You would have to roll another faction either on another server on the account with your first toon on your starter server, or have a second F2P account tied to a 2nd Station Account in order to play 2 factions on the same server.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: RadarX

I wanted to drop in and clarify Beta access for former PlanetSide 1 players. As stated players will receive priority access. This means they will receive access early in the Beta process. This does not mean every former PlanetSide 1 player will get in before anyone else. All we can do is ensure those folks will get in before most others.

Basically they are "clarifying" the position that you not get a guaranteed spot in beta just because you bought the PC Gamer mag or had a PS1 account. It just means that you have been flagged as "priority" over someone who applied who has none of the three priority access options on there account.

I asked Higby this morning if they were going to do a lottery drawing for Beta access and then give more lots to those with priority access, with more lots for each type of priority access you have. Ensuring that someone who bought the PC Magazine, has a PS1 account on there applied Station Account, and attended the 2011 Fan Faire would have the highest probability of being drawn in the lottery.

Basically he responded that there were going to be between 20-50k beta requests when the first stage opens up, and that not every one of those people were going to get into the first stage of beta. He did let leak that they already have in excess of 20k beta requests right now in the system.

Something to think about. We are not guaranteed a spot in Beta by having a PS1 account or by buying the PC mag, it just gives us supposedly "priority" over anyone who doesn't have those options checked in the data base.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
[yes] [clap] [thumbsup} [thumbsup} [thumbsup} [thumbsup}

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If a NA based knight with a paypal account can buy a magazine for me, it'd be awesome.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Arkh
If a NA based knight with a paypal account can buy a magazine for me, it'd be awesome.

Let me see what I can do Arkh.. It states it should be on shelves Feb 28th so there is a bit of time but I'm looking now at a digital subscription and wondering if a key would be in the digital edition.

If not I had planned to try and find a copy but honestly it's so hard to find PC Gamer in and around my area. If I can find a few copies I would be glad to buy one for you.

Keep you updated! :)

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I will be buying 5 Copies.

Getting a copy and a code does not ensure that you will be selected for the first stage of Beta. It does put you though on the priority list.

If you have a Station Account Arkh, I would be more then happy to PM you the code of one of the magazines so you can enter it on your Account.

No digital copies will have the code in it. People were asking about that as well. Only the hard copies will have the codes in them.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

No digital copies will have the code in it. People were asking about that as well. Only the hard copies will have the codes in them.

Good to know Tas and thanks.. I can pickup a copy for someone as well if Arkh grabs one of yours.. To whatever and whomever.. We'll get it done. :)

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am going to bet based on my active PS1 account and station account and being one of the original pioneers in PS1 way back in the day, that I will get one. I will prolly buy a copy at Safeway too :-)

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I asked about that as well Jet. Since a fair percentage of us have since lost either our Station Accounts that the original PS1 subscription was on, or have had our toons purged in the years on non-activity.

It was indicated that the original purchase date of the game will not matter. It is going to only be a check to see if you have purchased it or not. So those of us who bought the game when it was on sale for 10 bucks to replace our original PS1 accounts are not going to get screwed.

There were over 120k PS1 accounts during the last 9 years. Currently PlanetSide2 is "liked" or "followed" by some 23K+ people. Add to that an essentially 5 buck beta key with the mag, then approx 30k at Fan Faire last year, and you are talking about a pool of 200k+ people who could be flagged as "priority" for a first stage beta that will probably only be 10-15K invites.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
They should go off of active planetside subs that sounds more like soe:) but either way we all have a real good shot it sounds like. Btw is Romeo playing? I just sniped Romeo's in game so I'm curious.

Play To Crush!
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Did you snipe "Romeo" or "Romeos" ?

If it was "Romeos" than you got me!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Vent is your friend.

Use it.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Lol sorry Romeo:) I was fkin around with my fav medium assault weapon on team barney with my alr kegman and at that time my baby boy was awake which means no vent cause the boy is happy and loud. TAs how do you spell name in game yer not on friends.

Play To Crush!
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
PrimoVato

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I will be buying 5 Copies.

Getting a copy and a code does not ensure that you will be selected for the first stage of Beta. It does put you though on the priority list.

If you have a Station Account Arkh, I would be more then happy to PM you the code of one of the magazines so you can enter it on your Account.

I got myself a subscription last week to have better chances. I never got the possibility to play it when it launched (I was not at my parents during the week for school and the 56k connection they had was too bad) so I'm using it to learn how PS works.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Anyone pick up the PC Gamer and input the key?

I'm heading out tonight after hours and trying to find a copy at the local establishments.. Not sure if I'll find any but anyone in need let me know and I'll see if I can swing ya a copy. (up to a reasonable amount and # of copies (disclaimer) :D

What does a hard copy of PC Gamer cost these days?

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Not sure how that works. Thought all previous subscribers got keys?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Not sure how that works. Thought all previous subscribers got keys?

Not "got" keys but "got a better chance" to get a key.. For PS1 account..

The PC Gamer key (hard copy only) is the same and puts you in a higher running to get into the beta early on (as I understand it) We'll have to re-read Tas's explanation above but I don't' think even the PC Gamer is a guarantee.

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Hmmm that business sounds shady.

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Its a either / or scenario. Either you are or are not tagged as the "Priority" list. Having multiple keys assigned to an account does not add or move you up the priority list.

If you registered your station account to PS2 Beta, and that Station Account has PS1 (Active or Inactive) then you were automatically flagged as Priority and no key will be sent to you.

If you went to FF 2011 then they emailed you a key. If you bought a PC Gamer Mag then you now have a key. In both instances, the key only puts you on the Priority list, it does not admit you to Beta.

So in closing, if you have a Station Account that had PS1 on the games list marked either active or inactive then you are on the Priority list.

Entering a second key and assigning that key to your Station Account that has a PS1 game on its list will do you absolutely no good. You will be wasting that key that could have been used by someone who didn't play PS1 or has lost the Station Account that had PS1 on it.

Food for thought.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Right as I had thought it but maybe didn't explain well..

I'm getting the PC Gamer for the other Station Account that has my boy's EQ2 account/etc. Since we didn't purchase or sub on that account for PS2 I'm applying the key if I can find the mag to that account so I have 2 accounts, now flagged, to double up the chances I'll get either one into beta. If that makes sense.. Plus I want to read the articles and not just look at the pictures :D

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Riiiiiiiight.

Gadget Pron FTW!

Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
New GDC Interview.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
what's with the porno music in the background?

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have an extra BETA key if anyone wants to try out PS2. Just send me a PM.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
I think everyone just got 5 beta keys for PS2. If your not in game and want to be let us know in this channel.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As Hare said they just gave out 5 buddy keys to everyone and are show casing new enhancements such as;

All servers will come down at 1:15 AM PT for a game update. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:

This war is gearing up and every empire is ready to make a major push. First all the facilities are online and if you want the access to regeneration, tanks, and better turrets? Each facility will provide you one of those bonuses. Get in there and secure them otherwise you are stuck with general issue. Make your empire proud!

Taking bases just got a little tougher recruit and there is no more flip flop capturing. You want to hold a facility you are going to have to earn it with our new tug or war style system. A strong squad (or bring a platoon) will ensure success more easily and feel free to make use of the new cover around capture points if you get pinned down.

General:

The first phase of the new player experience has been added.
Base facility ownership bonuses have been added.
Tug of War capture mechanics have replaced the ticket system.
Infantry jump height has been reduced slightly.
Shields should now regenerate in a vehicle.
Pain fields have been reimplemented at spawn points.
Notable Bug Fixes:
The southwest Heyoka Tech Plant landing pad will now resupply friendly aircraft.
Ikanam Bio Lab terminals will now spawn MBTs.
Litchcorp Secure Mine now has AV and AA Phalanx turrets as intended.
Players should now receive resources while in Phalanx turrets.
Ikanam Bio Lab Teleporters and Forward Spawns should now change empire when captured.
Known Issue:
Adjustments have been made to stats which may provide unexpected behavior. We anticipate this to be completely resolved with the next character wipe.
Music may play unexpectedly and at inopportune times during base capture.
Weapons:

New weapons are now available for certifications.
Sniper Rifles now have additional attachments.
The grenade warning indicator radius has been increased slightly.
The Strong Arm and Pitcher certifications have been removed.
Explosives and mines will now be persistent even when a class is changed.
Grenades should now explode even after death.
The MANA Turret certifications are now available. Each rank will decrease overheat time.
Classes:

Resist Shield now has a movement penalty when active.
The MAX certifications trees have been renamed. Ammo storage Canisters is now under utilities.
MAX Kinetic Armor will now only resist small arms fire.
Heavy Assault AA weapons now do less damage.
World:
A number of facilities have additional defenses such as turrets, gates, cover, and more restrictive vehicle access added to them.
Ownership of certain facilities will provide bonuses to empires on each continent:
Biolab - Ownership of a biolab will provide health regeneration.
Tech Plant - A Tech Plant is now required to spawn the Main Battle Tank (Vanguard, Prowler, Magrider).
Amp Station - An Amp station reduces the time to overheat Phalanx turrets.
Capturing all contested territories in a continent will provide a temporary bonus to the controlling empire:
Indar - Reduction of cost for items purchased with Infantry resources.
Esamir - Reduction of cost for vehicles purchased with mechanized resources.
Amerish - Reduction of cost for aircraft purchased with aerospace resources.
Capture mechanics have changed. Please see this thread for specifics on Tug of War capture.
Vehicles:
Landing should be improved for aircraft with landing gear, it should be much easier to land and take no damage.
Skyguard magazine size has been increased from 40 to 50.
The recoil on the 120mm Prowler cannons has been reduced.
Tanks are now more resistant to aircraft machines guns.
Sunderer:
AMS terminals now work on the sides. Terminals have been removed from the back.
Visuals have been added for AMS and Ammo attachments.
Galaxy:
The Galaxy is now more resistant to Flak damage.
Liberator:
The resistance to most damage has been increased.
The cone of the fire on the Tank Buster Cannon has been improved.
The 105mm cannon has increased damage, projectile speed, and a lower reload time.
The projectile speed of the 150mm cannon has been increased.
The Shredder has increased damage.
Fighters
Air to Air missiles now have increased damage and lock on range.
Rotary cannons now do less damage.
Rocket Pods now have reduced damage and increased reload speed.

Hey all -

The dev team is continuing to sprint to the finish line here on Planetside 2. With last week's patch we released our final launch continent, enhanced players ability to stick with their squad, added our twitch integration, fixed a ton of bugs and put in some big ticket optimizations.

This week's patch is going to be another huge one, with a lot of big changes to metagame, core gameplay, new items to unlock, updates to lots of areas of Indar, and of course tons of bug fixes and more optimizations! Are you excited yet?!

First up, metagame additions I discussed a lot of these changes in the metagame thread I posted a couple weeks ago, but these are the areas that are coming online this week:

Continental Domination
With this week's patch we'll be adding continent domination benefits into the game. You'll get a global benefit that is acquired when your empire controls 100% of the contestable territory on a continent. This benefit will remain on every soldier in your empire until the continent is conquered by another empire.

In addition to bragging rights, the benefits are going to reduce your resource costs for Air vehicles (Amerish), Ground Vehicles (Esamir) and Infantry consumables (Indar)

Linked facility benefits:
Each facility type will provide a benefit to connected territories. Some of these benefits will be useful in all regions, some will be more useful when combined with other facilities or outpost types.

Tech Plants - Provide access to MBTs from connected towers and facilities. You will always be able to pull MBTs from the warpgate in addition if you don't own a tech plant on continent.
Biolab - Increased innate health regeneration (see below for more information)
Amp Station - Increased turret heat capacity, so turrets can be fired a lot faster.

Finding a fight:
One of the pieces of feedback we've heard over and over is that it's challenging to find a fight, with this patch we're fixing some bugs and adding some functionality on the map that should help to address that. Here you can see the new map region tooltip:

Now you'll be able to see the capture progress of any contested base on any continent in real time, as well as a measure of strength of enemy forces in the area (this has a bug on beta currently, that causes any base that's under contention to list "No Activity" - very helpful, right?). You can also see which benefits are currently present on the region and what benefit owning the region gives.

It's our hope that by showing the capture progress as well as an accurate depiction of enemy troop numbers will significantly help the cause of finding you a good fight.

Tug-of-war base capture and XP changes:
This is a pretty major change to the way bases are captured in the game.

Currently bases are captured by a ticket race that is initiated when a base control node gets flipped and starts generating tickets, those tickets are then multiplied based on influence your empire has on the base. In this system two factors, control node ownership and adjacent territory control dictate the victor of the base capture. The ticket race method sometimes results in unintuitive victories where your empire has a clear advantage on a base, but because the other empire USED to have an advantage earlier in the fight, earned lots of tickets during that time and hangs on to one control node, they can still win the battle even though they're clearly out-muscled. Tug-of-war puts an end to all that.

With the new system, there will be three factors that determine the capture of the base, control node ownership, adjacent territory control and player leverage.

Player leverage will be the number of people you have simultaneously influencing a control node. More players near the control node = more leverage = you capture the base faster. We've greatly expanded the range which you can be influencing a node, these should feel a lot less restrictive, and allow you to effectively defend the point from different vantage points, not just stand within 10 feet of the node. Initially, most bases / outposts will allow 12 people to be influencing them at once, bases with only 1 control node will be able to have up to 12 people influencing that node, whereas bases with multiple nodes will have the number of players split amongst them. You can still capture the base by having one person at the node, but having more gives up to a 3x increase to the capture time beyond what is possible right now.

So, how is it a tug-of-war. Well, now the ticket count is zero-sum. This means that when a base is attacked, it starts off at 100% owned by the defending empire and the attackers have got to burn down the defender tickets at the same time as they increase their own. If they wrestle control back from you, they'll have to burn down your progress as well. For multi-control node facilities such as Biolabs, or outposts like The Crown, having people locking down the nodes becomes more important than just rushing to the next node to flip it, not only because the people posted up on that node are keeping it from being captured by an enemy, but also because they're helping to move the capture needle faster for your empire.

We're also making XP changes to the way attackers and defenders earn XP. As an attacker you'll earn XP normally for actions you complete in the course of attacking a facility, and you'll get a large XP bonus when the base is successfully captured. Defenders will earn bonus XP for all actions taken in the course of defending their base, but they won't get a bonus for resecures or when the base is lost.

These changes combined we predict will result in a few positive changes to the base capture:

1) Less attacker and defender dead time - at a certain point in most battles the base is won, but the time it takes to secure causes some dead time for attackers and defenders. Attackers like to use this time to camp spawn rooms, defenders like to use this time to take pot shots at the guys camping the spawn rooms. Now that attackers can stack up on the point and capture 3x faster by doing so, we expect this dead time, and thus the spawn camping to be cut down quite a bit.
2) Resecures are less taxing on defending players - between the control node reverting to the owner of the facility, and the tug-of-war mechanic, bases can be 'resecured' by defenders just by kicking the attackers out. The defenders will be able to leave immediately once the threat is removed, and the territory will naturally resecure itself.
3) less cleaning up after ghost cappers - now that capturing is more reliant on boots on the ground at the location, we expect to see a lot less of people grabbing a node and bugging out, forcing people to do clean up on bases that aren't really under contention.

Getting the tuning just right on this is going to be tough, we like what we've got so far, but we're going to rely on a lot of feedback from you guys when this goes live about what we can do to make it better.

We've got a bunch of general gameplay enhancements coming this patch as well:

Indar polish and outpost revamps
We've taken a lot of the lessons we've learned on Amerish and applied them to some of the outposts and general flow of Indar. You'll see substantial changes to a pretty good number of outposts, including some being removed, replaced or added. The main outposts that have been modified are:

- Defunct Solar Hub
- Quartz Ridge
- The Crown
- West Highlands Checkpoint
- TI Alloys
- Xenotech Labs
- The Palisade
- J908 Impact Site

We're not done on Indar, but these are the outposts you'll see changes on this week. In general these outposts should have more defensible spawn rooms that are less prone to camping (especially by vehicles), they have better overall flow (especially where / how vehicles can access them), and in cases of outposts like West Highlands Checkpoint and Quartz Ridge (which has moved about 750 meters southwest from it's current location) these now provide real defensible roadblocks for the empire which owns them.

Beyond the outposts, a lot of work has been done to add better roads and direction to Indar. You'll notice a lot of new road ways, a lot of non-road areas that are going to be a bit less traversable than they are currently for vehicles (so you stick to the roads!) and more integration of these outposts into the traffic flow we see when watching players move around the map.
New sidegrade weapons and store updates
With this we'll be opening up a few more sidegrade weapons, these will be the weapons that are available on the store day-1 of release. We're also putting in final pricing both in Cert points and Station Cash for items in the store. We're doing this because so many of you have asked what the prices are going to be for items in the game. You still will not be able to spend Station Cash during the beta, but at least this will give you a solid idea of the prices of items in the game. Just incase you can't wait, here's a preview:

Infantry and vehicle weapon sidegrades will range in price from:
48 - 720 Cert points
250 - 700 Station Cash

Cosmetics such as camo patterns and armor attachments (for infantry and vehicles) will range in price from:
50-1200 Station Cash

Consumable boosts for additional resources or XP will range in price from:
75 - 700 Station Cash

But wait, theres more:
Here are a bunch of other changes going in this patch, in addition to a lot of bug fixes:

We're going to be fixing some bugs with XP granting, and changing the XP:Cert Point ratio to 500:1 to better reflect the rate at which players are earning XP and some of the new XP sources that have been added.
Cert prices are being further refined
Attachments on weapons have been adjusted so that they more correctly match the role of the weapon (i.e. long range scopes on long range weapons, reflex sights and laser dots on bullpups, as you'd imagine)
Empire specific fighter rocket pods have had their damage reduced
Liberator has been buffed, both in offense (105mm and Shredder turret) and defense (added resistance to flak.
Non-remote detonated deployable explosives such as tank mines and claymores will now stay in the world even if you switch classes.
MAXes will be getting some additional durability
Players will have basic health regeneration, this will kick in about 20 seconds after you've taken damage and take about 40 seconds to fully heal a very hurt player. It's not meant to replace combat health regen (like med kits, or medics)
As you can see, it's been very busy around here. We're really excited about these upcoming changes and hope you are too. As always, let us know what you think!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Bump

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard