KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,015,008 Trump card
1,338,501 Picture Thread
477,581 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Then go back and get it. No excuses. How can I say that, I did that very thing, working a full time job, traveling 32 to 40 weeks a year..finished the BS and got the MBA...no excuses bro..go get it. There is grant money out the wazzoo to pay for it as well if you dont want to do student loans.

Quote:

I make too much money to qualify for grants... At least, any of the ones I've seen. If you know a trick I'm all ears. But money isn't really the problem, its time. I'm sure I can make the time, I just have to do it.

Quote:

If you can handle it and afford it, get them to lay you off or fire you for a reason that wouldn't bar you from unemployment benefits. Then ride the Obama unemployment train for one tax year. After that your income will be low enough to qualify you for the maximum for Pell Grant's and Stafford Loans.

Once your in the system, never make more then 10k a year working while you go to school and you will sustain your eligibility for maximum financial aid.

Yeah I know, its a shitty shitty world of unfair, unjust, financial aid rules, but they make the rules, our job is to find the holes in them.

The other option is to adopt a kid, or get married and have a kid. Your problem is, and fuck anyone who has a problem with this because its the cold hard truth of the government financial aid system, Your a SINGLE, MALE NON-Minority, with out any dependents.

I watch person after person who wasn't in the same category of us get almost all the barriers to financial aid removed from them because they were not either SINGLE, Caucasian, Male, or didn't push out a kid they couldn't really afford.

Don't get me even started about the rule of age, being you have to use your parents financial tax statements until your 24 yrs old, unless your a prior service member, or fall into a category in which these rules are lifted.

I knew it! Kaotic If you haven't noticed Tas's subtle Injection of getting married into this then maybe you should take another look. Tas has a favorite movie called "Chuck & Larry" where two fire fighters got married so one of them will be able to keep his Insruance for his family. I think Tas is trying to dump Drakis and get you to marry him! Although I fear It wouldn't be just to get you back in school... but to get him some fresh meat since Mr Candy van (drakis) Is drying up like some old popcorn. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Last edited by wolfgang; 08/12/10 02:53 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
LOL Wolfgang

I understand exactly where you're coming from Tas, and I've already thought of all of that. The problem is two fold, I have a sense of pride, and I was raised with morals. Now, I have considered that I could rationalize the latter with the idea that its my patriotic duty to attempt to force the system into bankruptcy by stopping my contribution to the fail fest that is our government and becoming one of the leeches that I'm currently paying for, but I still can't get around the first problem. I would feel guilty the entire time and probably for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Kaotic; 08/12/10 05:36 PM. Reason: fail fest

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
SabinF Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
My goodness Tas,

I don't think we've ever really met, but I dig your swagger, if you know what I mean...?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

If you can handle it and afford it, get them to lay you off or fire you for a reason that wouldn't bar you from unemployment benefits. Then ride the Obama unemployment train for one tax year. After that your income will be low enough to qualify you for the maximum for Pell Grant's and Stafford Loans.

Once your in the system, never make more then 10k a year working while you go to school and you will sustain your eligibility for maximum financial aid.

Yeah I know, its a shitty shitty world of unfair, unjust, financial aid rules, but they make the rules, our job is to find the holes in them.

The other option is to adopt a kid, or get married and have a kid. Your problem is, and fuck anyone who has a problem with this because its the cold hard truth of the government financial aid system, Your a SINGLE, MALE NON-Minority, with out any dependents.

I watch person after person who wasn't in the same category of us get almost all the barriers to financial aid removed from them because they were not either SINGLE, Caucasian, Male, or didn't push out a kid they couldn't really afford.

Don't get me even started about the rule of age, being you have to use your parents financial tax statements until your 24 yrs old, unless your a prior service member, or fall into a category in which these rules are lifted.

This is so true, being as poor as I was (and still am) I ran into every single wall concerning any sort of aid or relief...Food Stamps, nope, you have no kids, your not supporting a family, school same thing...any and every time I tried to get help I was unable to qualify based either on my marital status, age, skin color, lack of dependents, lack of a job, lack of money, lack of gender, lack of location, lack of disability, lack of veteran status, or lack of resources such as a vehicle or internet or some such requirement that at the time I either did not have or just lost.

I said to one social worker once right there in her office, "So basically your telling me to go out fuck, and have kids, marry some one just as broke as me, go into debit farther, and somehow get disabled and maybe you can help me?"

btw I have pride also..morals are debatable.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: SabinF
My goodness Tas,

I don't think we've ever really met, but I dig your swagger, if you know what I mean...?

I have the swagger of a cripple!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard