The KGB Oracle
Posted By: SabinF Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 02:59 PM
Brothers, Sisters:

I have to cut and run for law school which begins on the 16th of August. Because I am on scholarship and thereby have to perform well(and intend to) I will be cutting out gaming entirely until I get a solid grasp of how things work and how much free time I actually have.

Fret not! I will still be around, and will likely be macroing the rest of my magics to 100(got to love this game). Past this, my time will be limited to the occasional weekend session and sieges should the guild need the help.

I wish you all the best, will miss you dearly, but will still be around -- even if only a silhouette of my former self.

Teh Sab
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 03:40 PM
Good luck, which law school are you attending? I don't want to piss in your wheaties, but I am reading "year 1"..if that is the case,your estimation of a few months might be a bit optomistic. :-) Luck.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 04:18 PM
Just come say bonjour in Vent when you have some time. And good luck on this, lot of knights may need your services with all those jailbaits running around.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 05:12 PM
Good luck with School Sabin. I am sure you could have a great client base out of most of us KGB. We are all so naughty at times.

See ya when we can. Pop in and say hello, post updates, as we like to hear how things are going.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Arkh
Just come say bonjour in Vent when you have some time. And good luck on this, lot of knights may need your services with all those jailbaits running around.

Tasorin, owns gimps, I dont think that is legal
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 06:49 PM
wow, a lawyer in the family. do we get free KGB consulting?
Posted By: Valaria Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

Says the self proclaimed Gimp in Tasorin's closet. I heard you just wont leave though that you like it
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 07:05 PM
I have to have some place to stay...I can push around a shopping cart all damn day but at some point I need the cool dark closet space so that I can mumble and laugh to myself, while curled up in the fetal position.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 07:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Valaria

Says the self proclaimed Gimp in Tasorin's closet. I heard you just wont leave though that you like it

Drakiis = Head Gimp Master

He is like the Slave master, who is a slave himself...
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 07:07 PM
I prefer the term Thrall, or Master Thrall
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/11/10 10:14 PM
Good luck Sabin, you have a lot to look forward to with that career path! Plus it will be nice to have someone around, so when Tas and Drakis get pulled over in the candy van drunk with rubber fists all over the place they will need someone that can get them out of their "sticky" situation!
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 02:50 AM
Good luck Sabin! Stick with it man. I regret not finishing my degree almost daily. God I want a new job.

Who cares what you prefer. NOW GET IN THE CLOSET BITCH!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 05:16 AM
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
Good luck Sabin, you have a lot to look forward to with that career path! Plus it will be nice to have someone around, so when Tas and Drakis get pulled over in the candy van drunk with rubber fists all over the place they will need someone that can get them out of their "sticky" situation!

This is exactly what will happen, and yes I will be needing some representation at that time, although I can only pay in frogs...
Posted By: Valaria Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 11:33 AM
Originally Posted By: wolfgang

This is exactly what will happen, and yes I will be needing some representation at that time, although I can only pay in frogs...

HAHA and what if he asks for bananas instead? maybe he needs the potassium.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 01:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Good luck Sabin! Stick with it man. I regret not finishing my degree almost daily. God I want a new job.

Then go back and get it. No excuses. How can I say that, I did that very thing, working a full time job, traveling 32 to 40 weeks a year..finished the BS and got the MBA...no excuses bro..go get it. There is grant money out the wazzoo to pay for it as well if you dont want to do student loans.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 04:09 PM
Waited until I was 28 to go back to school full time and finish my dual degrees, while working 30-35 hours a week and putting myself through school financially.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't of said "fuck it" and partied and had a grand ole time being a journeyman machinist/welder. Although, times were much simpler then, and I was much more happier because there was less stress, but at the same time, money makes the world go around, and just getting by wasn't cutting it anymore.

Just treat school like a job, put in your hours, go to class, and be prepared, the rest is just an endurance test for your ability to put up with bullshit and social loafers in group projects, and those are life long skills.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 07:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Then go back and get it. No excuses. How can I say that, I did that very thing, working a full time job, traveling 32 to 40 weeks a year..finished the BS and got the MBA...no excuses bro..go get it. There is grant money out the wazzoo to pay for it as well if you dont want to do student loans.

I make too much money to qualify for grants... At least, any of the ones I've seen. If you know a trick I'm all ears. But money isn't really the problem, its time. I'm sure I can make the time, I just have to do it.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
the rest is just an endurance test for your ability to put up with bullshit and social loafers in group projects, and those are life long skills.

LOL, being responsible for other people is the primary reason I want a new job.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 08:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

I make too much money to qualify for grants... At least, any of the ones I've seen. If you know a trick I'm all ears. But money isn't really the problem, its time. I'm sure I can make the time, I just have to do it.

If you can handle it and afford it, get them to lay you off or fire you for a reason that wouldn't bar you from unemployment benefits. Then ride the Obama unemployment train for one tax year. After that your income will be low enough to qualify you for the maximum for Pell Grant's and Stafford Loans.

Once your in the system, never make more then 10k a year working while you go to school and you will sustain your eligibility for maximum financial aid.

Yeah I know, its a shitty shitty world of unfair, unjust, financial aid rules, but they make the rules, our job is to find the holes in them.

The other option is to adopt a kid, or get married and have a kid. Your problem is, and fuck anyone who has a problem with this because its the cold hard truth of the government financial aid system, Your a SINGLE, MALE NON-Minority, with out any dependents.

I watch person after person who wasn't in the same category of us get almost all the barriers to financial aid removed from them because they were not either SINGLE, Caucasian, Male, or didn't push out a kid they couldn't really afford.

Don't get me even started about the rule of age, being you have to use your parents financial tax statements until your 24 yrs old, unless your a prior service member, or fall into a category in which these rules are lifted.

Posted By: Valaria Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 08:14 PM

If you can handle it and afford it, get them to lay you off or fire you for a reason that wouldn't bar you from unemployment benefits. Then ride the Obama unemployment train for one tax year. After that your income will be low enough to qualify you for the maximum for Pell Grant's and Stafford Loans.

Once your in the system, never make more then 10k a year working while you go to school and you will sustain your eligibility for maximum financial aid.

Yeah I know, its a shitty shitty world of unfair, unjust, financial aid rules, but they make the rules, our job is to find the holes in them.

The other option is to adopt a kid, or get married and have a kid. Your problem is, and fuck anyone who has a problem with this because its the cold hard truth of the government financial aid system, Your a SINGLE, MALE NON-Minority, with out any dependents.

I watch person after person who wasn't in the same category of us get almost all the barriers to financial aid removed from them because they were not either SINGLE, Caucasian, Male, or didn't push out a kid they couldn't really afford.

Don't get me even started about the rule of age, being you have to use your parents financial tax statements until your 24 yrs old, unless your a prior service member, or fall into a category in which these rules are lifted.

I could not agree more.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/12/10 09:51 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I knew it! Kaotic If you haven't noticed Tas's subtle Injection of getting married into this then maybe you should take another look. Tas has a favorite movie called "Chuck & Larry" where two fire fighters got married so one of them will be able to keep his Insruance for his family. I think Tas is trying to dump Drakis and get you to marry him! Although I fear It wouldn't be just to get you back in school... but to get him some fresh meat since Mr Candy van (drakis) Is drying up like some old popcorn. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/13/10 12:32 AM
LOL Wolfgang

I understand exactly where you're coming from Tas, and I've already thought of all of that. The problem is two fold, I have a sense of pride, and I was raised with morals. Now, I have considered that I could rationalize the latter with the idea that its my patriotic duty to attempt to force the system into bankruptcy by stopping my contribution to the fail fest that is our government and becoming one of the leeches that I'm currently paying for, but I still can't get around the first problem. I would feel guilty the entire time and probably for the rest of my life.
Posted By: SabinF Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/13/10 01:23 AM
My goodness Tas,

I don't think we've ever really met, but I dig your swagger, if you know what I mean...?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/13/10 03:38 AM

This is so true, being as poor as I was (and still am) I ran into every single wall concerning any sort of aid or relief...Food Stamps, nope, you have no kids, your not supporting a family, school same thing...any and every time I tried to get help I was unable to qualify based either on my marital status, age, skin color, lack of dependents, lack of a job, lack of money, lack of gender, lack of location, lack of disability, lack of veteran status, or lack of resources such as a vehicle or internet or some such requirement that at the time I either did not have or just lost.

I said to one social worker once right there in her office, "So basically your telling me to go out fuck, and have kids, marry some one just as broke as me, go into debit farther, and somehow get disabled and maybe you can help me?"

btw I have pride also..morals are debatable.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Sabin F out for a few months - 08/13/10 04:06 AM
Originally Posted By: SabinF
My goodness Tas,

I don't think we've ever really met, but I dig your swagger, if you know what I mean...?

I have the swagger of a cripple!
© The KGB Oracle