KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
nethervoid
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,004,937 Trump card
1,337,427 Picture Thread
477,157 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
My opinion ...

If there are members who have all needed pvp skills\spell surging, more than enough high quality gear to last a while ... solo & group combat skills on par with the best out there ... and ... feel like haarvesting, purchasing or otherwise collecting the required mats\gold for a wonder ... go for it.

My question is ... where is all Monday-Friday ore\timber\stone\rare ores collected from the andruk resources being used?

No upkeep to andruk, no building required ... repair shards maybe account for some stone. Cannons? ... warhaulks? ... ships? ... all rarely, if ever, used.

As for Rhade liking our gear bags, he must be joking ... other than a small number of us, most are running around town carrying mob drop shit gear ... which is one reason we get rolled so often ... ripped to shreds by raiders weilding quality weapons & wearing quality armor ... doing 40\50+ damage per hit, while we all slap around R40\50 mob drop shit doing 20 damage.

I'd be all for collectively collecting resources ... if it was for an ample & readily available supply of quality gear for sale to guild members ... not for building a friggin wonder!

Use the Andruk stone\timber resources for the wonder, as they don't seem to be doing jack for the rank & file members.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
KGB has never been afraid of anything.... if we have the resources to build the first Wonder ever... then do it! Worry about what happens after, when it happens. If we lose it... no biggy! If we hold it for a while then great! Don't do so many actions and debates based upon what others will think or that we "could" lose it.

Andruk has been with us for a long time but we have proven before we don't need a city to be competitive and have fun.

So pick up your skirts boys and girls... well put on some pants and start doing the right thing!

><
--

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: Longshanks

My question is ... where is all Monday-Friday ore\timber\stone\rare ores collected from the andruk resources being used?

No upkeep to andruk, no building required ... repair shards maybe account for some stone. Cannons? ... warhaulks? ... ships? ... all rarely, if ever, used.

Use the Andruk stone\timber resources for the wonder, as they don't seem to be doing jack for the rank & file members.

The Timber and Stone have been used in Construction of Building mods, Cannon Mods, ect.
The Ore has been going into Battle Spikes and various other things that use ingots.
We have gear bags being made up for SIEGEs.

We have a purpose for the resources we have. ATM the building mods we have made up, are for Rebuilding the city when we get attacked. I can tell you right now We do not have enough in the bank to rebuild all the walls and towers in Andruk if they were all blown down.

A few members have donated construction mods to put towards the wonder. Those mods are set aside as to not be used for anything but the wonder. I can tell ya we are very very far away from 15000 mods.

With all the resources in the clan bank we are no where near even 1/4 of the way to all the mods needed. As awesome as it would be to build the first wonder on NA, We won't have the resources to do this and have a nice war chest ready to go when we need it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
Well explained Val... you really do have to pick one or the other. Having a War chest ready and stocked or bragging rights.

Me? I'm all for bragging rights and stuffing it in the face of my enemy. But that would require members to get their own gear and is something that has NOT been easy for KGB members to do.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
P
Former Member
Former Member
P
The "idea" of a Wonder is cool, don't get me wrong.
But building it will be a FAIL.
And now that we're under SIEGE today, just proves that
this could be a COMPLETE WASTE of resources whether we keep Andruk or not.
"Bragging Rights" are one thing, but when we would lose the City over those bragging rights, what's the point .... seriously?!

Krullz Offline OP
Band 2
OP Offline
Band 2
Now that We lost Andruk.
We wait till Someone else builds the Wonder and we take it.
In the meantime we build our personal, and guild resources, and PVP skill.

Last edited by Krullz; 06/27/10 10:55 PM.
P
Former Member
Former Member
P
< Already working on it.

Last edited by Pickens; 06/28/10 11:12 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
not much glory in my eye to wait til the game dies and someone finally builds the wonder and gets the honor and glory of making the first wonder. who cares about the person that takes the city afterwards taking a city is taking a city. not much to that anymore. our names won't be remembered for taking the city cause it had a wonder or even being the first to take the city.

i guess i am just to old school and live my life by honor and glory. a true guild is more then just a name. more then just a group of people that play together over time. it more of the bonds we make. givin ur life to protect ur guild mates no matter the cost. the ability to look at the guy beside u and know he would jump in front of u and shield u so u might have a chance to get back up and fight again. building the wonder had nothing to do with the bonus,the city,how cool it looked, or about any of us. it was about the clan itself. get our name put on every tougue in the game. on the forums and if we got lucky like those on EU, a interview from AV with KGB writen proudly on the top of it.

we all know the risk that would come from us building the wonder. but seriously did anyone not see it coming without the wonder? we needed to leave andruk. we were getting soft. and sad think is when we seiged andruk to take it i heard the same thing from u all about MC and all them. sayin "andruk made them soft cause of the dungeon" and crap like that. now we are in MC's shoes and got our shit pushed in just like they did. we loss a city big deal we can get another. but to be able to do something as a guild and put KGB's stamp in the game to me is worth any risk.

there are only few things in games that guilds can do as a whole that make people remember there name for yrs. look at duchy of wessex. they really didn't do much but cause a bunch of havoc as king manus try to be dictator. and yet his name is still remembered by most everyone that played back in EU launch. some guilds are known for being the best pvp guilds and anyone that see's the name knows to run from.

i guess i'm just a looner in this kind of thinking. i have been playin for 15+ yrs now and i have never been in or apart of anything in any game that is something to remember. i mean yea i do things solo that i think is a something i'm proud of, but nothing on the scale of a whole guild working together to accomplish. the closest i have had in all games was when i was on darkfall EU in duchy. first week of launch everyone fighting there way to get to long march and everyone and i mean everyone farmin and gathering there hearts out as fast as possible to get the city built and everything up. that day i will never forget. but everyone else did the same then aswell. but something like the wonder is a whole new lvl. only a few will get the opportunity to build the wonder then there all gonna be built(not sure if u can destroy a wonder completely. not repairable i mean gone 15k mods to rebuild kind of destroyed). then there is nothing left to accomplish that hasn't already been done.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
/QFT with Devan!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Your not a loner Devan, I agree, but I spell better. :-)

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard