The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Krullz KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 07:04 AM
And losses the city the next day. This is a horrible Idea.
KGB and allies can barley defend the city. Building such a "Take ME Beacon" would, IMHO be the end of our township.

A wonder and extra 20 hit points will not help the people in robes and leather gear defend any beter than tehy do now.
Nor will it help the fully geared players either.

Please discus..
Posted By: Decon Black Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 07:10 AM
I totally agree with Krullz. Building a wonder puts a go ahead and insert cock here sign right over our collective asses. Not 3 topics up we have people discussing selling Andruk or letting it go. The main discussion is that we cant keep from getting rolled in the city on a consistent basis. A wonder will only screw us in keeping this city. Our allies will not be able to hire enough mercs enough times to keep our city eventually we will be told that we are on our own. A Wonder IMHO is totally out of the question until we have at least 20-30 people on at all times in the city ready to fight to prove to the people that will challenge us it isnt worth it.

I have statewd my point!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 08:13 AM
Do all Wonders simply give out the same benefit?
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 09:42 AM
Drakis they all don't give the same bonsus's. I can't remember which one Andruk is, but they aren't the same. And yes, building a wonder will globally put KGB'S name on the map. For the good and bad, the bad would be the even bigger target on Andruk that it already has. Unless somethings change before we were able to build one, it will just be a big pretty that someone will want to take. So they also will have their name on it for being the first to take a city that held a wonder.
Posted By: Arkh Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 05:10 PM
Andruk's wonder is : mana points. Woohoo !
Now, it can be a goal : get the first NA wonder. Even if we lose it, we'd have done it.
And, if someone complete their own wonder before us, that'll make lot of building mods for other objectives.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 07:19 PM
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
Drakis they all don't give the same bonsus's. I can't remember which one Andruk is, but they aren't the same. And yes, building a wonder will globally put KGB'S name on the map. For the good and bad, the bad would be the even bigger target on Andruk that it already has. Unless somethings change before we were able to build one, it will just be a big pretty that someone will want to take. So they also will have their name on it for being the first to take a city that held a wonder.

I asked the question on purpose to disprove Krullz statement about the extra 20 hp for nakeds. However even though this discussion is really not about being geared verses not being geared, it is about the Andruk wonder I would have to agree with Wolfgang, however in a time of uncertainty sometimes doing the big things and taking risks invokes positive change.
Posted By: Devan Omega Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 08:15 PM
i agree with drakiis. yes we could very well as build the wonder and shortly after get seiged and loss it, but in that our name will be out there. our name will be all over the forums and chat in game for weeks. we could just as easily loss andruk tomorrow as we could after the wonder is built. but for me the dignity, glory, honer, respect, and the since of accomplishment that i would feel seeing it built and know it was us who did it for me will way out weight the possible loss of andruk. if we lost andruk we could always work towards getting a new home as a guild. there is plinty of other cities out there we could all pitch in to buy for us.

u guys say that we can barely defend the city and all that. yea we all know this, this has been like this since day 1 of owning andruk and i am sorry but i don't see it changing anytime soon. my point is everyone knows the times to hit us and roll us 90% time. and to be honest if they really wanted andruk they could prob seige and take it from us. noone knows that someone could seige us tomorrow and we loss andruk and in that loss our chance to even try to build the wonder. also lossing our only chance to have our clan name known by everyone on the server. lossing andruk wouldn't be such a bad thing. then we wouldn't have the bytchin about not being geared to defend 24/7.

the wonder imho is the only thing in the game right now that we could successfully do and in turn put our name out there and bring a lil glory back to the kgb name. the server is goin to crap and prob won't get a hole lot better til darkfall 2010. i mean the guild on EU that built the wonder got interviewed by AV and point out on there site for there great acheivement. am i the only one that wants this for our guild aswell? to be spot lighted as doin something great on this server?

if we loss andruk in the aftermath then so be it we move on and strive for something that doesn't stress everyone out day in and day out. cause to me i love andruk but i also hate it. we as a guild spend more of our time bytching and complaining about everything that andruk requires then we do actually having any fun.so many people dread gettin in vent cause they know it will be the same routine everyday. some people bytching, some people demoralizing others, some demandin others to do things there not wantin to, and other complainin about lossin stuff. every so often we have a possitive vent channel but most of the time it is negative and i'm sorry but thats not exactly what i want to listen to everyday.

there is other cities we can take and prob have more fun as a guild. i know KGB has a history with andruk and i understand that. but honestly is it good for the health of our clan as a whole right now? i mean honestly answer that question if u can if u actually think andruk is the best thing for the clan. that it is what keeps us goin and holds us together as a clan.

my last point. i say we make a clan vote for everyone to vote on whether or not to build the wonder. if we all say no the so be it. but if we say yes and we build it and end up lossing andruk for some reason after it. we can look at each other and know we did it as a guild. not as the leaderships descission, but as a whole guild. I'm with this guild and what ever descission is makes and i'm sure i am not the only one that doesn't agree with every descission they make but i am still here makin my way through darkfall holding the KGB tag proudly. if we lost the city after we built the wonder so what. everyone that see's it will remember kgb built it not who toke the city from them first. i mean think about it guys. how many of u hardcore pvpers go out and see a city and remember back in the day on eu or na lauch of that huge epic battle u had there. or those of u that this is ur new home in kgb and u came from other guilds. when u go back to the first city u ever lived out of how many memories will come to mind first thing as u walk through those gates? u don't think about who is runnin around right that second u get a flash back of great memories. i mean i can't count the times we go out on seige runs and when we get there people are like oh shyt i remember this place we came here long time ago and had a huge seige or what not. I want our name to be put into people memories so tha when the time comes and kgb does move to another great game or what ever our name will still remain.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 08:48 PM
Methinks some people care too much about other people's opinions.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 09:22 PM
Stop debating.

Either build it or don't.

The harvesting would be good for the newer people because it gives them a goal to farm for while gaining stats if they have nothing else to do.

The andruk wonder is pretty awful. It is a maximum mana buff for all in clan no matter where you are in the world.

Right now among the DF population they are having a blast raiding andruk and noone is intending to siege it anytime soon since they know KGB is 0 threat.

If you do put the wonder up though you will get sieged just for pwnfactor.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/24/10 10:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Stop debating.

Either build it or don't.

The harvesting would be good for the newer people because it gives them a goal to farm for while gaining stats if they have nothing else to do.

The andruk wonder is pretty awful. It is a maximum mana buff for all in clan no matter where you are in the world.

Right now among the DF population they are having a blast raiding andruk and noone is intending to siege it anytime soon since they know KGB is 0 threat.

If you do put the wonder up though you will get sieged just for pwnfactor.

Truth.

Rhade confirmed they like our gear bags to much to push us out of Andruk and into another city, where our gear bags would be harder to come by due to increased numbers and PvP Skill.

Its Revolution and TTC that will burn Andruk just for shits and giggles right now.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/25/10 12:38 AM
My opinion ...

If there are members who have all needed pvp skills\spell surging, more than enough high quality gear to last a while ... solo & group combat skills on par with the best out there ... and ... feel like haarvesting, purchasing or otherwise collecting the required mats\gold for a wonder ... go for it.

My question is ... where is all Monday-Friday ore\timber\stone\rare ores collected from the andruk resources being used?

No upkeep to andruk, no building required ... repair shards maybe account for some stone. Cannons? ... warhaulks? ... ships? ... all rarely, if ever, used.

As for Rhade liking our gear bags, he must be joking ... other than a small number of us, most are running around town carrying mob drop shit gear ... which is one reason we get rolled so often ... ripped to shreds by raiders weilding quality weapons & wearing quality armor ... doing 40\50+ damage per hit, while we all slap around R40\50 mob drop shit doing 20 damage.

I'd be all for collectively collecting resources ... if it was for an ample & readily available supply of quality gear for sale to guild members ... not for building a friggin wonder!

Use the Andruk stone\timber resources for the wonder, as they don't seem to be doing jack for the rank & file members.
Posted By: Thomas Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/25/10 03:51 AM
KGB has never been afraid of anything.... if we have the resources to build the first Wonder ever... then do it! Worry about what happens after, when it happens. If we lose it... no biggy! If we hold it for a while then great! Don't do so many actions and debates based upon what others will think or that we "could" lose it.

Andruk has been with us for a long time but we have proven before we don't need a city to be competitive and have fun.

So pick up your skirts boys and girls... well put on some pants and start doing the right thing!

><
--
Posted By: Valaria Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/25/10 11:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Longshanks

My question is ... where is all Monday-Friday ore\timber\stone\rare ores collected from the andruk resources being used?

No upkeep to andruk, no building required ... repair shards maybe account for some stone. Cannons? ... warhaulks? ... ships? ... all rarely, if ever, used.

Use the Andruk stone\timber resources for the wonder, as they don't seem to be doing jack for the rank & file members.

The Timber and Stone have been used in Construction of Building mods, Cannon Mods, ect.
The Ore has been going into Battle Spikes and various other things that use ingots.
We have gear bags being made up for SIEGEs.

We have a purpose for the resources we have. ATM the building mods we have made up, are for Rebuilding the city when we get attacked. I can tell you right now We do not have enough in the bank to rebuild all the walls and towers in Andruk if they were all blown down.

A few members have donated construction mods to put towards the wonder. Those mods are set aside as to not be used for anything but the wonder. I can tell ya we are very very far away from 15000 mods.

With all the resources in the clan bank we are no where near even 1/4 of the way to all the mods needed. As awesome as it would be to build the first wonder on NA, We won't have the resources to do this and have a nice war chest ready to go when we need it.
Posted By: Thomas Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/25/10 11:34 AM
Well explained Val... you really do have to pick one or the other. Having a War chest ready and stocked or bragging rights.

Me? I'm all for bragging rights and stuffing it in the face of my enemy. But that would require members to get their own gear and is something that has NOT been easy for KGB members to do.
Posted By: Pickens Heretic Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/26/10 06:56 PM
The "idea" of a Wonder is cool, don't get me wrong.
But building it will be a FAIL.
And now that we're under SIEGE today, just proves that
this could be a COMPLETE WASTE of resources whether we keep Andruk or not.
"Bragging Rights" are one thing, but when we would lose the City over those bragging rights, what's the point .... seriously?!
Posted By: Krullz Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/28/10 05:55 AM
Now that We lost Andruk.
We wait till Someone else builds the Wonder and we take it.
In the meantime we build our personal, and guild resources, and PVP skill.
Posted By: Pickens Heretic Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/28/10 06:12 PM
< Already working on it.
Posted By: Devan Omega Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/28/10 08:14 PM
not much glory in my eye to wait til the game dies and someone finally builds the wonder and gets the honor and glory of making the first wonder. who cares about the person that takes the city afterwards taking a city is taking a city. not much to that anymore. our names won't be remembered for taking the city cause it had a wonder or even being the first to take the city.

i guess i am just to old school and live my life by honor and glory. a true guild is more then just a name. more then just a group of people that play together over time. it more of the bonds we make. givin ur life to protect ur guild mates no matter the cost. the ability to look at the guy beside u and know he would jump in front of u and shield u so u might have a chance to get back up and fight again. building the wonder had nothing to do with the bonus,the city,how cool it looked, or about any of us. it was about the clan itself. get our name put on every tougue in the game. on the forums and if we got lucky like those on EU, a interview from AV with KGB writen proudly on the top of it.

we all know the risk that would come from us building the wonder. but seriously did anyone not see it coming without the wonder? we needed to leave andruk. we were getting soft. and sad think is when we seiged andruk to take it i heard the same thing from u all about MC and all them. sayin "andruk made them soft cause of the dungeon" and crap like that. now we are in MC's shoes and got our shit pushed in just like they did. we loss a city big deal we can get another. but to be able to do something as a guild and put KGB's stamp in the game to me is worth any risk.

there are only few things in games that guilds can do as a whole that make people remember there name for yrs. look at duchy of wessex. they really didn't do much but cause a bunch of havoc as king manus try to be dictator. and yet his name is still remembered by most everyone that played back in EU launch. some guilds are known for being the best pvp guilds and anyone that see's the name knows to run from.

i guess i'm just a looner in this kind of thinking. i have been playin for 15+ yrs now and i have never been in or apart of anything in any game that is something to remember. i mean yea i do things solo that i think is a something i'm proud of, but nothing on the scale of a whole guild working together to accomplish. the closest i have had in all games was when i was on darkfall EU in duchy. first week of launch everyone fighting there way to get to long march and everyone and i mean everyone farmin and gathering there hearts out as fast as possible to get the city built and everything up. that day i will never forget. but everyone else did the same then aswell. but something like the wonder is a whole new lvl. only a few will get the opportunity to build the wonder then there all gonna be built(not sure if u can destroy a wonder completely. not repairable i mean gone 15k mods to rebuild kind of destroyed). then there is nothing left to accomplish that hasn't already been done.
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/28/10 10:12 PM
/QFT with Devan!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/29/10 04:58 AM
Your not a loner Devan, I agree, but I spell better. :-)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/29/10 05:36 AM
Pretty much my thoughts also Devan well said, however it doesn't matter now since too many people put the brakes on it out of FEAR!

Ya I said it, there were too many concerned with keeping a city they should have known was going to be lost anyhow. I know that resources for the wonder were huge, I realize the dent it would have put into the stockpile, and that would have meant less resources for the gorilla war that you will now be fighting. I also know that there wasn't enough time to invest in building it since the topic was first brought up and when Andruk fell. However, imagine the server impact, and having done something that flies in the face of everything and everyone in Darkfall believes. Being unorthodox or unconventional has it's merits.
Posted By: ZhenYu Omega Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/29/10 09:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Your not a loner Devan, I agree, but I spell better. :-)

He has absolutely horrible spelling, always has. Some days it isn't so bad when I'm sitting next to him while he is posting because I pick on him and pester him to correct stuff.
Posted By: Instrument Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/30/10 12:21 PM
no reason we can not still build up the wonder stock pile.
then once we have enough siege a city.

anyway off to play another singleplayer game while i wait for BT to fix my internet
Posted By: Devan Omega Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 06/30/10 02:34 PM
what ya playin instrument?
Posted By: Instrument Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 07/01/10 11:22 PM
cod4 and hellgate london

plus a bit of darkfall until my internet shuts down again.
light at the end of the tunnel now should all be fixed by thursday
Posted By: Devan Omega Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 07/01/10 11:49 PM
hehe same things i am messin with atm lol
Posted By: Valaria Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 07/02/10 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I know that resources for the wonder were huge, I realize the dent it would have put into the stockpile, and that would have meant less resources for the gorilla war that you will now be fighting.

We didn't even have HALF of the needed mats to build the wonder in our Clan bank stock pile. The amount of time it would have taken for everyone to go out and chop rocks and trees and farm the GOLD needed to build it would have kept everyone(and I DO MEAN EVERYONE) busy for a month just harvesting/farming.

Dunno if you guys realized but the Mine gave us roughly 1k ingots worth of Ore a day. I could farm that on my own and then some easily in less than a day with 1 toon.
We got about 1k cut wood a day tops... and about 500 stone. The stone alone was enough to build 10 mods if you never failed. And this was on days that PK's didn't get the nodes.

Everyone seems to have a very INFLATED idea of what City nodes give. Now those numbers are from audits on days where I was the one clearing them MOST of the daytime.. and I dunno how religious the night crew was at harvesting. But I know what I saw on the logs and in the stockpiles, as I write a lot of this down daily.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 07/02/10 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Valaria
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I know that resources for the wonder were huge, I realize the dent it would have put into the stockpile, and that would have meant less resources for the gorilla war that you will now be fighting.

We didn't even have HALF of the needed mats to build the wonder in our Clan bank stock pile. The amount of time it would have taken for everyone to go out and chop rocks and trees and farm the GOLD needed to build it would have kept everyone(and I DO MEAN EVERYONE) busy for a month just harvesting/farming.

Dunno if you guys realized but the Mine gave us roughly 1k ingots worth of Ore a day. I could farm that on my own and then some easily in less than a day with 1 toon.
We got about 1k cut wood a day tops... and about 500 stone. The stone alone was enough to build 10 mods if you never failed. And this was on days that PK's didn't get the nodes.

Everyone seems to have a very INFLATED idea of what City nodes give. Now those numbers are from audits on days where I was the one clearing them MOST of the daytime.. and I dunno how religious the night crew was at harvesting. But I know what I saw on the logs and in the stockpiles, as I write a lot of this down daily.

Ya I pretty much admitted that all in my post thanks for repeating it though.
Posted By: Decon Black Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 07/02/10 11:51 PM
LOL not to beat a dead horse in the mouth but can we close this thread we dont have a city anymore......lol
Posted By: Devan Omega Re: KGB Builds the WONDER!! - 07/03/10 02:11 AM
but but i like the dead horse he doesn't get to sharpnel away ;p
© The KGB Oracle